'12 LA DT Gerron Borne

Sheldon Day is becoming more and more realistic IMO. Look for his teammate to commit soon.
Is his teammate an OL or am I thinking of someone else?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Edit: nevermind, someone answered and I didn't see it right away on my phone.

Sheldon Day is becoming more and more realistic IMO. Look for his teammate to commit soon.

Either he or Pearson would be a tremendous pickup. I see Warren Central play a lot and Day is a monster. Pearson obviously will be in his first year playing with them but he's the real deal too. That program is absolutely loaded with players.

“I got a visit to my school from Coach Joseph last week,” Borne said. “Tennessee is definitely my leader right now.”
“I really like their coaching staff a lot,” Borne said. “I also know how much they need defensive tackles there, I feel like I will get a chance to play early there.”

“I will take a visit there July 18,” Borne said. “I plan on making my decision before my senior season, so if my visit goes will there is a great chance I will pull the trigger while I’m there.”
- Scout

Borne will be our next commitment.

He's wanted to commit for a while now from what I gather. At this point given the lack of depth we have on d-line can we afford to turn away too many quality bodies. We are in good standing with several better prospects, but I think Dooley understands the team needs and will do a good job getting DL here.

#43 DT on ESPN:

Borne can be a tough and disruptive presence in the heart of the trenches, but he can tend to hurt himself at times as well. He will need to add some more bulk to his frame, but overall looks to be a kid with good size. He gets off the ball well flashing some good initial quickness. He shows flashes off being able to fire out low and gain leverage. He will do a good job of attacking half-a-man and being able to get into the gap. He can be tough to handle at times, but can also tend to rise up and play high. He also needs to be more consistent with his hands. He flashes the ability to shoot them and be able to create some separation from blockers, but needs to bring them every time. He displays some good raw strength and a physical nature, but he needs to work to keep his pads down and use his hands to keep blockers off of him. He can be tough to move at times and even disruptive at others, but at times he can also allow himself to get tied up with blockers. He is a solid tackler when he gets his hands on the ball carrier. Displays good activity between the tackles. It seems with some added bulk and improvement in technique he could be a productive run stuffer. As a pass rusher he can provide some pressure. He is capable of getting off the ball and can attack half-a-man and flashes the ability to be able to sink in a rip move and power his way to the quarterback. He may be at his best defending the run, but should also be able to contribute some as interior pass rusher as well.

VN Store

Back