'12 GA WR Keithon Redding

Sure seems like we are taking a lot of receivers this year, if we land Davis that's 5 right?

Croom
Bowles
Davis
Redding
Howard

Maybe we are running the spread next year!

I think if they miss on Patterson this guy becomes a Vol. But if Patterson and Davis both want to be Vols it might get interesting for a current commit because I agree, Q. Davis is a definite take. JMO

I think if they miss on Patterson this guy becomes a Vol. But if Patterson and Davis both want to be Vols it might get interesting for a current commit because I agree, Q. Davis is a definite take. JMO

Did you see Patterson's recent comments about depth chart and all of the WR's we're recruiting? I'd be willing to bet that you have...

I think that ship has sailed

Did you see Patterson's recent comments about depth chart and all of the WR's we're recruiting? I'd be willing to bet that you have...

I think that ship has sailed

Yeah, bummer if he's afraid of UT's depth at WR, pretty funny since the depth will all be freshman and sophomores besides Rogers and Hunter. But landing Q. Davis instead will be just fine with me. Come on down, Q!

If he's scared to compete then, let him go elsewhere. That's what UGa is selling. Oh look who they have, look who they are bringing in. Come here and be the go to guy. Da'Rick might not be around come opening day, Hunter needs to prove he is ready to play and not afraid of the injury. Arnett and Dallas should be improved, but they are slot receivers. Croom, Redding, Bowles, & Howard will be just like all the other UT WR's were as Freshman. They'll have to learn the system and get comfortable. Croom may have more immediate upside, because his HS system and coach has him more college ready. We have WR's, but we don't have solid X's or Z's. This is what Patterson needs to see and understand. Yes, we have 2 proven WR's, but with problems. We have dependable Y's, then a few very green newcomers.

This guy looks pretty dang good to me. Good size and speed. Catches with his hands and doesn't let the ball get to his body,and great at going up and getting the ball.

He certainly doesn't look fast in his highlights, but he's smooth and seems to have good hands. I'd be interested to see him at safety.

If he's scared to compete then, let him go elsewhere. That's what UGa is selling. Oh look who they have, look who they are bringing in. Come here and be the go to guy. Da'Rick might not be around come opening day, Hunter needs to prove he is ready to play and not afraid of the injury. Arnett and Dallas should be improved, but they are slot receivers. Croom, Redding, Bowles, & Howard will be just like all the other UT WR's were as Freshman. They'll have to learn the system and get comfortable. Croom may have more immediate upside, because his HS system and coach has him more college ready. We have WR's, but we don't have solid X's or Z's. This is what Patterson needs to see and understand. Yes, we have 2 proven WR's, but with problems. We have dependable Y's, then a few very green newcomers.

Yeah but if you're CP why take a gamble when there is a safe option to achieve similar results? If you had an option of taking 20$ or place a bet to win 20$ what would you do?

Something is up with the WR's because Hinshaw wants Blanc to play the position as well when he reports. I've got a hunch we are going to see a bunch of no huddle, wide open spread; with pro style running game primarily for short yardage and to control the clock. I think the whole playbook is going to be opened. Tyler better be studying harder because Worley is for sure.

I think they are preparing a system that will work for all of the QBs they have on board. All three, including Peterman, work best from the spread. IMO it is Peterman that leads us to the promised land. I think the mobility he has with his passing skills is what will set us apart in the SEC when our D becomes a force. If you have not seen his film, you owe it to yourself to watch it. Comparing him to Robinette at Maryville, which I did without seeing the film, was my dumb mistake. CDD and CJC knew what they were doing taking Peterman.

Dont bother me to open it up. Id like to see the no huddle spread offense Oregon runs.

You'd like to see us get our behinds handed to us. Oregon couldn't beat Auburn or LSU with that west coast crap. I'd like to see us come off the ball and hit some DL in the mouth.

I think the point is whether to open up or not. Oregon is primarily a run offense with spacing, quick RB's, sprint option with a dual threat QB. Their twist is the no huddle fast pace. I'm thinking more vertical that Chaney likes with a Colt style offense of Peyton's. The QB is the pivot point and is not dual threat. The run game gets the yards you have to have to keep the D honest and you stretch the field to create spacing with the play call on runs. Add in the no huddle play calling and the QB doing the check-offs.

The key is whether Bray decides to mature and start using his brain. You've got to have a QB that understands the defenses. I know Worley and Peterman will.

This would explain the desire to keep CHH on staff and using the sprint draw blocking scheme the past two seasons; as well as Sims ability to check into the right run plays as compared to Bray. They got the O-line pass blocking well last season. Whether they pull it all together this season in time to save CDD is the question. If they do CDD may be able to build quite a legacy on the hill. Hope he does, he's a good guy.

VN Store

Back