'12 GA RB Mike Davis (USCe commit)

I don't doubt that he has sources everywhere but he did say there were articles out there suggesting that Henry is looking around which is the complete opposite of what we are hearing on our end.. I just want to see one of these articles, hell even a single quote, of Henry saying he isn't solid

#DAWGFORLIFE

I remember when D Rogers was all pup...man how things can change.

New VQ article up...

On Jay Graham...

"I talked with him today when he and coach Chaney came by my school earlier today," Davis said. "He wanted to come back to a place that he has a legacy. I want people to look back at me like they look at him. There alumni base is pretty big and Tennessee is a program with a lot of tradition."

"They showed me a lot," Davis said. "Those guys are going to recruit me hard and they were showing me how they would use me in their offense. I want to get better and become an all around back. I think I need to get faster."

"It would be what school will help me after four years," Davis said. "A place that I can come back and get a good job after my playing days are done. Playing time is up there too, but it's not as important as the other factors."

-VQ

New VQ article up...

-VQ

Given the fact that Davis wants to make a name for himself and show what he can do, really makes me feel better about Tennessee's chances. He knows PT is here, and he will get an immediate shot at it. Not to mention, something tells me he doesn't want to follow in his brother's footsteps to Clemson either. He wants to start his own destiny at somewhere else imo. Still a long way from him being locked up or anything, but im liking Tennessee's chances more and more with Davis.

Last edited:
The one subtle thing I took out of that article is the comment where he said he thinks he needs to get faster. It may be insignificant but I think it is interesting that it came right after he was talking about what Graham and Chaney want to do with him in the offense.

IMO, I think it shows that he was very interested in what they had to say and he made the comment of wanting to get faster so he could do the things that they are looking for him to do.

TIFWIW

Reactions: 2 people
I don't doubt that he has sources everywhere but he did say there were articles out there suggesting that Henry is looking around which is the complete opposite of what we are hearing on our end.. I just want to see one of these articles, hell even a single quote, of Henry saying he isn't solid

#DAWGFORLIFE

This is after his visit for the LSU game in Nov. so here is your quote

"I'm young and I have a lot of time to look around," Henry says. "I'm very interested in Alabama. I like their coaching staff with Coach Saban. I like how they run the ball and how they use their running backs. I'm going to visit Alabama again later on."

Again I just found that one for you and there is alot of info floating out there with regarding him and other schools right now. I am not saying UA is going to land him but I UGA is going to have a tough time holding onto him right now.

And as far as UGA insider knowing all, he also told us how Geno Smith would end up at UGA.

Davis seems like a quality guy. Nice to see kids admitting they aren't perfect and need improvement in certain areas. I'd love to see CJG get him to UT.

The one subtle thing I took out of that article is the comment where he said he thinks he needs to get faster. It may be insignificant but I think it is interesting that it came right after he was talking about what Graham and Chaney want to do with him in the offense.

IMO, I think it shows that he was very interested in what they had to say and he made the comment of wanting to get faster so he could do the things that they are looking for him to do.

TIFWIW

Maniac, I noticed the same thing. I didn't say it but I thought it was interesting he made a self-constructive criticism on the heels of him and Graham speaking.

Who seems to be our biggest competition as of now? Clemson and FSU? FSU doesn't seem likely if Pender stays there, and a poster on this thread said that Clemson wasn't really going after Davis. More concerned about Gurley (ttfwiw). Does UGA poke their ugly head in here?

Who seems to be our biggest competition as of now? Clemson and FSU? FSU doesn't seem likely if Pender stays there, and a poster on this thread said that Clemson wasn't really going after Davis. More concerned about Gurley (ttfwiw). Does UGA poke their ugly head in here?

They already are poking their head in there and according to Davis they are in mix

He's on the Janzen Jackson type of probation apparently. I thought he was widely overrated coming out of high school, so I'm not surprised to see his attitude has gotten him in trouble and he is on the verge of not being on a roster.

VN Store

Back