'12 GA RB Mike Davis (USCe commit)

Davis may have to start the process all over, but the star running back has plenty of great schools to choose from. "I'm hearing from Oklahoma, Miami, Tennessee, Florida State, UGA, North Carolina, and a lot of other schools," he said. While having over a dozen offers can be overwhelming, Davis knows exactly what he is looking for when he considers each school. "I'm looking for a school that is good in the program I am majoring in and, also, playing time," said Davis. "I'm majoring in broadcasting so I want a good journalism school. I also just want a place where I can come in and be given and early chance to compete for playing time. I don't want to be given anything. Its something I want to work for. I prefer to play in the I-formation, but I don't want to play in a spread offense where they throw the ball all the time."

Quote from Uga rivals

More from uga rivals

Georgia head coach Mark Richt called the Stephenson standout on Tuesday to offer him a scholarship, and, according to Davis, the UGA head man had plenty to say. "He was wondering when I was going to decommit and, because I committed early and said I was solid, they didn't want to interfere," he said. "We talked a while and the offer made me feel good." Richt called and made the offer to Davis, but he isn't the only Georgia coach that he has a relationship with. "I hear a lot from Coach (Rodney) Garner and Coach Richt," he said. "They told me they were very interested in me. They need another running back and that I am the one they are looking for." His decommitment may have caught some by surprise, but fans won't have to wait long before finding out where Davis will play at the next level. "I'm going to decide on Signing Day," he said. "So it will be soon."

Iirc you guys have a '13 stud locked up too. Share the wealth.

If you are referring to Derrick Henry, everyone knows he is already looking around. I would bet money he will not end up at UGA. No matter what they say at this point, because the articles out there and interview suggest otherwise.

If you are referring to Derrick Henry, everyone knows he is already looking around. I would bet money he will not end up at UGA. No matter what they say at this point, because the articles out there and interview suggest otherwise.

Please share because he has been recruiting hard for UGA. He's going after Robert Nkemdiche as well for 2013. I haven't heard anything about him looking around.

How about you post some links for proof, until you do what you say isn't credible and like UGA Insider said, he's been recruiting for us for a while now

he is good friends with Theus and Brice Ramsey as well as a lot of others in this year's class. The only real competition we had was Florida and they are still trying to get their coaches sorted out

Dawgman, in your opinion is there much validity to all the rumors about Crowell and people in the UGA program not really expecting him to make it to 2012 unless he really changes some things? As an outsider it sure looks like he gets hit in the mouth one good time in a game and he is "hurt" for the rest of the game. That could only help you guys with Davis.

Dawgman, in your opinion is there much validity to all the rumors about Crowell and people in the UGA program not really expecting him to make it to 2012 unless he really changes some things? As an outsider it sure looks like he gets hit in the mouth one good time in a game and he is "hurt" for the rest of the game. That could only help you guys with Davis.
The whole situation with Crowell is murky.. Yes he does have a bit of an attitude problem, but its nothing that can't be fixed with the right people in his ear. I personally don't put any stock into those rumors of him not being a part of the team next year, I think they are ridiculous and that he will be back barring some kind of academic problem (which doesn't look likely). As for the injuries, they just seem to overlap each other and I don't think he will truly be 100% until next year

it could help us with Davis, though I think Davis will go somewhere that will give him the best shot at early PT (you guys)

How about you post some links for proof, until you do what you say isn't credible and like UGA Insider said, he's been recruiting for us for a while now

he is good friends with Theus and Brice Ramsey as well as a lot of others in this year's class. The only real competition we had was Florida and they are still trying to get their coaches sorted out

No offense...but TideWarrior is a well respected poster who is welcome on several boards. I know he has probably developed strong, knowledgeable contacts among various fan bases, and recruiting networks, and I can guarantee you, not everything will have a link. In fact, a lot will not.

Reactions: 1 person
No offense...but TideWarrior is a well respected poster who is welcome on several boards. I know he has probably developed strong, knowledgeable contacts among various fan bases, and recruiting networks, and I can guarantee you, not everything will have a link. In fact, a lot will not.

Good news. Henry is a freak and I am glad to hear he isn't going to Georgia. I wonder if he is considering the vols? Long way until he signs but I hope the coaches are on him.

Having a top 5 RB doesn't equate to success.

Montee Ball was the 33rd ranked RB in his class. I'll save you the sermon, but I could list a lot of busts. Ranking is relative.

Do you know the rankings of the O linemen he was running behind this season? Not saying he's not good, just acknowledging the fact that a good back can look great behind a good line.

I don't doubt that he has sources everywhere but he did say there were articles out there suggesting that Henry is looking around which is the complete opposite of what we are hearing on our end.. I just want to see one of these articles, hell even a single quote, of Henry saying he isn't solid

#DAWGFORLIFE

He's not going to Miami. Duke Johnson got that on lock. If he wants to ne the feature back it ain't happening there. If you seen Duke play you'd know what I'm talking about.

VN Store

Back