'12 GA RB Mike Davis (USCe commit)

Committed to UF....crazy....rumored that Danny Dillard could have pulled the trigger this weekend but Davis beat him to it.

From his film Davis seems like an ideal back for Charlie's system but Danny Dillard is going to be Frank Gore and Fred Taylor special(w/o the injuries and book issues)

You think he sticks with UF though? I see him going somewhere else before NSD unless UF just stops looking and trying to get other RB's to commit.

You think he sticks with UF though? I see him going somewhere else before NSD unless UF just stops looking and trying to get other RB's to commit.
IMO I think the both stick but Jones seems more likely to be a Gator on NSD. Davis will have the instate pressure when UGA comes to the table with an offer...I still think he committed bc of Danny Dillard.

He was a lot of power, he's not afraid to run through the defender for sure and he is dragging a few in his film. He's gonna be a really good power back that has exceptional speed; not breakaway speed but still pretty good. ( i believe he only runs a 4.5 or so)

IMO I think the both stick but Jones seems more likely to be a Gator on NSD. Davis will have the instate pressure when UGA comes to the table with an offer...I still think he committed bc of Danny Dillard.

Nope, you will not have to worry about that. UGA has not offered and probably will not offer unless Marshall commits somewhere else. I hate to see an instate kid go somewhere else but I guess I have to trust our coaching staff because I really like this kid.

Good get Gators.

Nope, you will not have to worry about that. UGA has not offered and probably will not offer unless Marshall commits somewhere else. I hate to see an instate kid go somewhere else but I guess I have to trust our coaching staff because I really like this kid.

Good get Gators.

You have Crowell so waiting on Marshall makes a lot of sense for UGA. Florida didn't have that luxury. Is UGA looking at the other Stephenson kids as well?

Running back Mike Davis is still committed to Florida despite his decision to visit other schools this fall.

Davis told the Atlanta Journal Constitution he plans to take visits with his teammates at Stephenson High School in Stone Mountain, Ga.

“There’s nothing there with me committing to another school,” Davis told the AJC. “It’s just me going to have fun with my teammates while they are having fun. I want to enjoy the time with them because I know this might be my last time with them. Of course I’m committed to the Florida Gators. I’m not trying to go anywhere else.”

Davis said he doesn’t know which schools he will visit this fall. He had considered Alabama, Auburn, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia Tech and Penn State before he committed to Florida in February.

Davis said he showed his loyalty to Florida last Friday during a 14-3 win over Parkview High School. It came at the end of a 71-yard touchdown run.

“I did the Gator Chomp in the end zone after I scored,” Davis said. “I had everybody doing it in the stands.”

per MrSEC.

I hope our staff doesn't let this guy visit. We can use our resources elsewhere.

He had 92 yards in a first round playoff loss, 7-0. Stephenson with their possible 20 d1 signees couldn't manage a score. They currently have 2 players committed to UF, 2 to USCjr, 1 to Miami, 1 to Va Tech, 2 to Kentucky and 1 to Vandy plus several other schools.

He had 92 yards in a first round playoff loss, 7-0. Stephenson with their possible 20 d1 signees couldn't manage a score. They currently have 2 players committed to UF, 2 to USCjr, 1 to Miami, 1 to Va Tech, 2 to Kentucky and 1 to Vandy plus several other schools.
damn first round loss ouch lol

Question for my Gator amigos,

I heard that Mr. Davis may have been looking around a bit lately. It seems he is concerned that UF is still going after another RB.

I heard that Mr. Davis may have been looking around a bit lately. It seems he is concerned that UF is still going after another RB.

FSU troll on Blueboard started the rumor....Davis was upset about Marshall and UF but staff has backed away after he and his coach spoke with Weis/Brian White.

i hope he sticks honestly i prefer davis to the top guy keith marshall

mainly cuz marshall is a little smaller

im not sure why we would go after a 3rd RB tho davis and jones should be enough

Last edited:
Thanks for clearing that up. Davis and Jones are exactly the kind of backs UF needs for their new offense. They should be good ones.

Wrong about the FSU troll starting a rumor. Davis said he is still solid but may take visits now. He is looking at visiting USC and Clemson, and also UT and UA. Apparantly the rumors about UF shopping for another RB in this class may have some legs and Davis does not sound to high on that idea.

“The only thing that would change me is if something goes wrong down there or they recruit another running back.”

Davis looking at USC, CU for possible visits

VN Store

Back