'12 GA RB Justin Taylor

He has an impressive offer list.

He looks to me one of those guys we might take if there's still an open spot come NSD, like if we can't get a DT or LB or one of our current commits flips.

This guy is like the old Jell-o ads... "There is always room for Jell-O"

Glad you were lurking Venom. I really hoped to get your opinion. Overall, on a talent level, who would you compare Taylor to?

I would say he reminds me of Ingram thats why Bama recruited him. He does alot of the same things Ingram did in high school and the size comparision is alike. Taylor is a strong downhill runner who will get those tough yards. Hes a plant the foot and get north and south runner theres not much wiggle in Justin Taylors running style. I think he would be a take in this class hes just one of those backs we couldnt pass up. Maybe we could redshirt him. I think hes more talented then any other back we have committed now JMO

Reactions: 1 person
I would say he reminds me of Ingram thats why Bama recruited him. He does alot of the same things Ingram did in high school and the size comparision is alike. Taylor is a strong downhill runner who will get those tough yards. Hes a plant the foot and get north and south runner theres not much wiggle in Justin Taylors running style. I think he would be a take in this class hes just one of those backs we couldnt pass up. Maybe we could redshirt him. I think hes more talented then any other back we have committed now JMO
What is the status of his injury/health? TIA.

i would say he reminds me of ingram thats why bama recruited him. He does alot of the same things ingram did in high school and the size comparision is alike. Taylor is a strong downhill runner who will get those tough yards. Hes a plant the foot and get north and south runner theres not much wiggle in justin taylors running style. I think he would be a take in this class hes just one of those backs we couldnt pass up. Maybe we could redshirt him. i think hes more talented then any other back we have committed now jmo

+1,000

Heres a pic I took at the VTO Combine alot of good RB's in this one: Justin Taylor(with the Bama visor) Kenyan Drake, Kenno Loyal(orange pants), Chaz Thornton(white gloves), Shadrach Thornton, Mike Davis

Attachments

• DSCF6089.jpg
    DSCF6089.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 64
Two reasons you keep recruiting him. Bourque has de-committed from two schools already and he is still taking visits (Miami). Taylor though a little different runner than Borque is very talented

Reactions: 2 people
Very interesting article on AJC. Here's the link:
UPDATE: Justin Taylor looking at options after being told he can’t sign with Alabama until 2013 | AJC College Sports Recruiting

My favorite question and answer:

•What’s your understanding of the situation? “If a kid has been committed for a year, you would think the college would honor it. But I understand college football is a business. When you hit the 25-scholarship limit, the colleges have to do something. It’s a hard situation for me because I’m also the legal guardian for Justin. I have to look at it from all sides. I’m upset about it. I kind of understand where Alabama is coming from because unfortunately he hurt this knee. But I was mad when [Alabama assistant Chris Rumph] called me about it two weeks ago. He knew I was mad. We played together at South Carolina. He knows me, and he knows how I feel about this. He assured me about [signing in 2013]. I left it up to Justin. If he still wanted to go to Alabama under those circumstances, that was up to him. For me, personally, I would go to a school where I am wanted. That’s just me.”

I would take the kid in this class in a heartbeat. If this UT team needs anything it is players who would line up against the Bama's of the SEC with an attitude and something to prove. Another DT or DB would be great, but this kid is a player and I think worth the spot.

Sooo, is he a "big time" back? Is the reason he's ranked so low bc he tore his knee up?

Dude is a beast. He runs North and South, through tackles and isn't afraid to hit someone. I really hope they do take him. If he's healthy.

I like him more than Bourque, honestly. Only concern is the knee, which as we found out with Marlin this year, can be tough to overcome.

did i miss the reason for optimism? i read an article where he said Tennessee gave him a number to reach them at and the number didnt even work.

it didnt read as being enthused about the Vols

What other schools were recruiting you the hardest? “Tennessee came through and I only talked to them one time. They gave me a number and the number didn’t even work. There was South Carolina and Georgia. They both stopped talking to me because I was committed to Alabama
:ermm:

Now Taylor told M Carvell from AJC that he is still committed to Bama but is looking at his options. LOL. This keeps getting better.

We can do better. He is only a 3 star with a bum leg. Would be a gamble to take him. Alabama can afford to gamble, we can't.

May be a backup. The interview with Bourque's dad did not look like he is solid. He basically said that he could still decide between Miami, Nebraska and another school is calling. It sounds like the old man is trying to steer him to Miami.

May be a backup. The interview with Bourque's dad did not look like he is solid. He basically said that he could still decide between Miami, Nebraska and another school is calling. It sounds like the old man is trying to steer him to Miami.

Just read something on another site that said Miami coach called Bourque as soon as the news about his committment to UT broke. The U seems to be after Bourque pretty hard. I hope he stays at UT, but I'm not optimistic. Maybe just jaded by all of the changes, but seems a little shaky.

I think Taylor would have been a higher rated back if he had not been injured. I hope we give him an honest look anyway.....not many major backs left this year.

VN Store

Back