'12 GA DT Dalvin Tomlinson

Mark is a great man and a good coach. Much like a coach we used to have. Except our coach won a N.C.!!

The problem is that in the SEC a "Good" Coach doesn't cut it against Nick Saban, Steve Spurrier, Urban Meyer (obviously not there anymore) etc. If you aren't a "Great" coach then you won't be employed long (unless Hamilton is your AD). Great Coaches win games that they are not expected to win against more talented teams. Name one game where Fulmer or Richt just out coached someone for a win. I am sure it has happened but not on a consistent basis.

The problem is that in the SEC a "Good" Coach doesn't cut it against Nick Saban, Steve Spurrier, Urban Meyer (obviously not there anymore) etc. If you aren't a "Great" coach then you won't be employed long (unless Hamilton is your AD). Great Coaches win games that they are not expected to win against more talented teams. Name one game where Fulmer or Richt just out coached someone for a win. I am sure it has happened but not on a consistent basis.

Exactly. Good coaches coach in other conferences. You have got to have a great knowledge, great staff, great management, great recruiting skills, and a great work ethic to make it in this league. I do feel that Richt is a good coach. Obviously, he has recruited well, and has had good years. But he has not achieved what that program could have achieved. I think anyone looking could see that UGA is the most under achieving team in the country, and that's sad (for them). I feel like Dooley has the makings of a great coach, but I feel like he is already a good coach. However, Richt is on the hot seat.

Btw, he knows this too. I think i heard this year where UGA workouts and spring practices were harder than ever. Sounds like someone is a little scared. And he should be.

"I am not exactly sure what schools I will visit this summer and I will decide that later," noted Tomlinson. "I am going to start looking at some of the top schools this summer and I am looking at everyone even right now."

Among the things Tomlinson is looking for is a good relationship with coaching staffs, and he noted of two coaches fitting that criteria right now.

"The first thing I want is a good defensive line coach that I can communicate well with," said Tomlinson. "I like Coach (Chris) Wilson from Mississippi State and we already communicate well and I also talk a good bit with Coach (John) Hevesy from Mississippi State. I have a pretty good relationship with Alabama coaches, too, and I communicate well with Coach (Kirby) Smart.

"I also want to get a good education and go to a program where the players have good work ethic and have players that will push me and make me better."
- Rivals

Junk. Let the battle begin. We have REALLY got to beat the snot out of UGA again this year. Especially after they put together their heralded "Dream Team"

ut needs to put the hammer to ricth dream team and make them relize instead of dream team they are a pipe dream
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Yeah he and his Mom were set to visit GT today and then something happened with her Tuesday and she passed away this morning

Prayers going out to Dalvin and his family. Very difficult. May the Lord comfort you and build you up.

Just know heard about this. Thoughts and prayers to the family. Losing a parent at a young age is a terrible thing to deal with. God bless Mr. Tomlinson.

As recruit nuts we forget that these are just kids, nice to see the board come together & show this kid some love & support, my prayers & thoughts are with Dalvin Tomlinson & family.

your not saying much with alabama and fla always having top five classes,myers and saben were always more talented and better teams so you could say same for them as far as not out coaching to many others to win.

VN Store

Back