'12 GA CB Joshua Holsey

Shaping up to be this years Trip Thurman: Loves UT, dying for some love, but coaches fail to recruit him because they're after other people.

Shaping up to be this years Trip Thurman: Loves UT, dying for some love, but coaches fail to recruit him because they're after other people.

We have offered Hosley, we never offered Thurman, at least according to the Rivals offer list.

ya, i think you're right, just had visions of him last year as I read through the posts on this guy.

ya, i think you're right, just had visions of him last year as I read through the posts on this guy.

Yeah, the whole argument on Thurman was a weak one last year. If we had wanted him, we would have recruited him, and we didn't. All that hoopla he caused by saying we didn't notice him was completely overblown in hindsight, mainly because we weren't that interested.

With coaches now allowed to contact prospects directly, Holsey has surprisingly only heard from three schools. Those three schools, he says, have been on him from the very beginning.

"It has somewhat," said Holsey of the contact he's received. "Virginia, Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech - that's about it right now."
-Rivals.

UT staff has some work to do. I hope waiting so long to offer Holsey didn't hurt our chances. It is still a very long way until NSD though.

"Everything is still the same," said Holsey. "Auburn and Virginia Tech are still my top two. One is not really ahead of the other."
-Rivals.

Holsey's mom on April 9th:
"All we're waiting on is that UT offer I wish they would hurry up and offer so we can be done with this recruitment"

Tennessee offered on April 14th

Holsey on April 28th:
"Auburn and Virginia Tech are still my top two."

So much for that, huh?

In Holsey's defense, it probably has a lot to do with this -
April 26th:
Holsey of the contact he's received, "Virginia, Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech - that's about it right now."

It's probably not that the offer came too late. It's probably that even after offering we still haven't made him feel like he's a priority for us.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back