'12 GA CB Joshua Holsey

can someone tell Dooley to offer this kid now? he beats out our top prospect at DB for '12 in camp, friends with the Berry's, and we haven't offered him yet

We are going to botch this one up, you watch.

Na, I think we offer now. Not saying the kid is flying under the radar, but he doesn't have 20+ offers, atleast from what is shown on Rivals, and he isn't considered in the Rivals 250 Watch List. After this performance, I think we give him a much stronger look, as will a ton of other schools and I think we eventually get him.

I was at the camp today in Marietta Holsey is a great athlete got to watch all his one on ones was by far the best DB on the field with Shaq Wiggins a close 2nd and Geno Smith 3rd. I also talked to J.Holseys mom for awhile and she said " All were waiting on is that UT offer I wish they would hurry up and offer so we can be done with this recruitment"

I will literally cry if we either don't offer or wait too long and this kid winds up going to UF or UGA. CDD, if you are reading this, PLEASE offer this kid. For me?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I was at the camp today in Marietta Holsey is a great athlete got to watch all his one on ones was by far the best DB on the field with Shaq Wiggins a close 2nd and Geno Smith 3rd. I also talked to J.Holseys mom for awhile and she said " All were waiting on is that UT offer I wish they would hurry up and offer so we can be done with this recruitment"

Whoa!

One period in all of that?

Talent is talent regardless of how many DB's we just took. You just don't pass on elite talent. Especially that talent that we wouldn't have to recruit until February. He would commit fairly quick. What else does he have to do. I'm guessing that the staff is waiting for him to getto campus. Who knows though.

haven't seen TheDooley post in a while. I hope he's seeing this....

Smith, as expected, performed at a high level. But Fairburn (Ga.) Creekside cornerback Joshua Holsey took home secondary MVP honors after turning in an excellent all-around performance. In testing, he posted a blazing 40-yard dash time in the 4.40-second range. In one-on-ones, nobody stuck to his receiver better.

Holsey not only has great north-south speed, but excellent hips, which allow him to turn easily and move well laterally. Additionally, the 5-10, 175-pounder, who has 11 offers, was physical at the line of scrimmage and was at times a ball hawk. Against bigger receivers, he was like a pesky gnat, keeping his body near theirs and using active hands to break up a bunch of passes

I'd like to know also CD.

Maybe they are waiting to get him on campus & see him in person first. Dooley is the type that likes to see prospects in person before they pursue hard it seems.

Josh wants me to work on some graphics for him. Dude loves UT. Hope he gets that offer.

- pf, vq
josh holsey had a great day and actually beat out geno smith for the top overall defensive back award. He ran a 4.35 and a 4.40 in his two 40s (they were the best times) and had a really good day in the 1-on-1s.

Sounds like the kind of guy I want at UT.

Kid has great highlights. If it's true that he's just waiting for an offer to be a Vol, then I don't understand why we haven't offered. Especially if he's close with Geno like I've heard. Imagine a secondary with Geno and Holsey in it.

VN Store

Back