'12 GA CB Joshua Holsey

I see this kid is listed at CB on the recruiting sites but his WR footage looks pretty impressive. Should be listed as an athlete IMO.

Unless he commits in the next month I would not worry about his current top three. That does not mean he will not end up at one of them but his stock is on the rise and I think he will sit back and wait to see all his options at this point.

I think corner is a much bigger need than people think for this class. Especially in regards to landing 1 or 2 elite guys.

By the time these guys arrive on campus Waggner, Janzen, Teague, Gordon, Moore, Lanier, etc... will all at the very least be juniors. And who knows if one or two of them will leave early for the NFL.

I dont know his WR highlights look pretty good. He may project better at DB but to "lol" at his WR abilities seems a bit ignorant.

HIGHLIGHTS

Dude if you were watching a lot of WRs then you'd know he's not a WR as soon as you see I'm on offense. He doesn't even run fluid routes. He's getting by on pure athletic ability on offense which is fine in HS. He's a DB all the way. He would have the potential to be an average WR at best.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I can't believe this debate is actually happening. He's evaluated as an elite level DB and cats are trying to change him to something else. Maybe we can pull Cyler Miles and get him some reps at DT.

SMH

I can't believe this debate is actually happening. He's evaluated as an elite level DB and cats are trying to change him to something else. Maybe we can pull Cyler Miles and get him some reps at DT.

SMH

Some people see a guy make a play on offense and immediately say he can play offense. He's an average guy on offense. His routes look like a CB/athlete playing WR. If I were to line up from him at CB I would be able to jump his routes. He's a great DB though that's not a debate. He has really long arms for his size too.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

SMH

Take a chill pill, dude was just saying he looked like he had some skilz at WR. It was just an opinion an opinion that he happens to wrong about.

Have you seen him in person?

I've seen enough tape to know I don't have to. Does that answer your question?

He doesn't have the hands to play WR and he's WAY too valuable at CB. He doesn't have the dozens of things that make up a WR prospect at this level. This kid could be a shutdown corner. You don't put those guys at WR.

Bama fans are trying to make him out to be Blake Sims and he's not. He's really not.

Last edited:
I thought you implied your insight was based on something other than "highlights", so I wondered if you had seen him in person.
Understood. I know his coach calls him a CB and says that his future at the next level is at CB. I talk to his coach some, but that's as far as my knowledge goes.

Honestly, if you were him looking at the DB's UT has brought in over the past two years... would you not be a little discouraged from considering the Vols?

At a minimum, UT's number of young DB's provides rival coaches with ammo.

Apparently, his mom was a bit higher on TN than he was. We offered about 3-4 days after that quote IIRC.

VN Store

Back