'12 GA CB Geno Smith

You have got to be f****** kidding me. SMH!!

I'm guessing Chuck Smith was the one that was recruiting him but left.

This wasn't a secret. It was posted in this thread frequently that he liked TN and would sing Rocky Top in the halls at school. I'm not shocked.

Dooley should've been all over this. This isn't the first time this has happened with a big-time prospect. Levenberry is another one he dropped the ball on. For Dooley being so organized he sure drops the ball on big time kids. The Tyshon Dye junior day case was another issue too.

Reactions: 2 people
I think there were rumors about off the field questions about Levenberry. That might be why his recruitment slowed down. I don't know if they were true but I know it's been mentioned.

It sucks but these things happen when there is a coaching change. Dooley has to have his staff as the first priority at that time IMO. He could have still ended up at Bama regardless.

it might have taken dooley a couple years to truly understand the work ethic of his assistants. he did have to cobble a staff together pretty quickly. hopefully hes purged the bad weight and has landed people truly committed to recruiting.. thats a must at Tennessee

Dooley should've been all over this. This isn't the first time this has happened with a big-time prospect. Levenberry is another one he dropped the ball on. For Dooley being so organized he sure drops the ball on big time kids. The Tyshon Dye junior day case was another issue too.

Levenberry wasn't a Dooley drop-off. There is more to that story than just accidentally skipping him on the recruiting rotations.

The issue isn't Baggett leaving or not recruiting hard enough while he was here - the issue occurred after the fact when Dooley dropped the ball and failed to make an elite prospect (that liked UT a lot) a priority, until it was too late, with either himself or the coaching staff he had left. Was he undermanned? Yeah - but don't be foolish enough him and his staff just put recruiting on a complete halt until the hires were made.

Reactions: 1 person
The issue isn't Baggett leaving or not recruiting hard enough while he was here - the issue occurred after the fact when Dooley dropped the ball and failed to make an elite prospect (that liked UT a lot) a priority, until it was too late, with either himself or the coaching staff he had left. Was he undermanned? Yeah - but don't be foolish enough him and his staff just put recruiting on a complete halt until the hires were made.

So you think it's possible that E.J. dropped us because he wasn't getting enough attention from UT? Not the fact that UT wasn't trying with him?

VN Store

Back