'12 GA CB Geno Smith

We simply don't have all the info, it could have been just a f up from the staff.. The coach at his high school could have cooled on us after the turnover. He may have cooled on us for the same or other reasons. It would be nice if roger asked him on vol calls.

Maybe the satff had a reason? I find it hard to believe , but they have backed off of kids before. With us getting in late , you would think everything was ok. We can speculate all day , but I doubt we will ever hear the whole story.

It has to do with the irony in this thread of you getting on a "sunshine pumper" for not admitting when the staff made a mistake, yet you can't admit when the staff does something right

I'm not even posting in a Bellamy thread and have no idea what the hell you're talking about so why would I congratulate the staff for doing something right - when I don't even know what that is?

Go troll elsewhere.

Maybe the satff had a reason? I find it hard to believe , but we have decided not to recruit kids before. With us getting in late , you would think everything was ok. We can speculate all day , but I doubt we will ever hear the whole story.

*edit*

Last edited:
I'm not even posting in a Bellamy thread and have no idea what the hell you're talking about so why would I congratulate the staff for doing something right - when I don't even know what that is?

Go troll elsewhere.

bellamyidiot.jpg

Not that you care , but he flunked out. Apparently , he wanted to come here and was told no thanks. Problem child that I'm glad we avoided.

Good call, the point flew right over his head

God you aren't seriously this dumb are you?

I'm supposed to magically know that Bellamy flunked out of school and that the coaching staff had previously passed on him? And I'm supposed to congratulate the staff in a Geno Smith thread in regards to passing on Bellamy? Face - meet palm.

Stop derailing threads - troll elsewhere.

You're not assuming that he wanted you to congratulate the staff are you? Ironicating is strongeth indeed up in here my broheimian

You're not assuming that he wanted you to congratulate the staff are you? Ironicating is strongeth indeed up in here my broheimian

It has to do with the irony in this thread of you getting on a "sunshine pumper" for not admitting when the staff made a mistake, yet you can't admit when the staff does something right

k

God you aren't seriously this dumb are you?

I'm supposed to magically know that Bellamy flunked out of school and that the coaching staff had previously passed on him? And I'm supposed to congratulate the staff in a Geno Smith thread in regards to passing on Bellamy? Face - meet palm.

Stop derailing threads - troll elsewhere.

:lolabove:

You calling me dumb is absolutely hillarious when you can't get the fact Bellamy was just being used as an example of how you can't admit when the staff does something right, but get onto people when they don't admit that the staff made a mistake. By the way when we are on the subject of your stupidity, good call in the Devrin Young thread he will never get a snap at running back :eek:lol:

Oh no ! He doesn't like devrin?! Well I am a sunshine pumper then. He did look like he could get some lethal quick passes in the flat in the spring game. Just takes one bad angle from a lb

:lolabove:

You calling me dumb is absolutely hillarious when you can't get the fact Bellamy was just being used as an example of how you can't admit when the staff does something right, but get onto people when they don't admit that the staff made a mistake. By the way when we are on the subject of your stupidity, good call in the Devrin Young thread he will never get a snap at running back :eek:lol:

What does any of this have to do with the staff making a huge mistake in the recruitment of Geno Smith?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
What does it have to do with you making assumptions about his recruitment

What does any of this have to do with the staff making a huge mistake in the recruitment of Geno Smith?

It doesn't have anything specifically to do with Smith, it has to do with the fact that I'm getting tired of dipsh!ts like assman who go around picking out the negatives and calling people "sunshine pumpers" who don't say that it was a mistake and then never admit when something positive is done.

It doesn't have anything specifically to do with Smith, it has to do with the fact that I'm getting tired of dipsh!ts like assman who go around picking out the negatives and calling people "sunshine pumpers" who don't say that it was a mistake and then never admit when something positive is done.

There is nothing positive to be posted in a Geno Smith thread. If I happen to post in the Bellamy thread I'm sure it will be positive.

We're not making assumptions. We're going by the exact words Geno said.

Try again. :hi:

Did he say that exactly? This maybe? You try one more time. This is a helluva a lot of fun.
A coaching change happened with whomever recruited my area during my junior year. I didn’t know who was recruiting me until later that spring

In the wake of the ky loss and the coaching departures I doubt he was rushing home to play rocky top on his computer. Meanwhile, Dooley was focused on procuring a defensive coordinator rather than a defensive back. I wish he could have juggled those two simultaneously a little better but I'm not convinced we would have landed him if Vince Lombardi were our DC. ESP considering his dream school Georgia , then us, then Bama . Sounds like a typical 17 yo recruit to me

Last edited:
bellamyidiot.jpg

Not that you care , but he flunked out. Apparently , he wanted to come here and was told no thanks. Problem child that I'm glad we avoided.

He was never told no thanks. They continued to go hard after him even after his OV so all that speculating is nothing but a myth.

I bet Tennessee makes a serious run at him again once he lands somewhere.

He was never told no thanks. They continued to go hard after him even after his OV so all that speculating is nothing but a myth.

I bet Tennessee makes a serious run at him again once he lands somewhere.

I was going by what was said yesterday. I do remember people saying this stuff until about him though. Looks like he had some issues and from what has happend , those people don't seem to be wrong.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/6735644-post12.html

Everything is mostly rumors around here anyway. Like this thread on Geno. Nobody knows for sure what actually happend.

I was going by what was said yesterday. I do remember people saying this stuff until about him though. Looks like he had some issues and from what has happend , those people don't seem to be wrong.

Everything is mostly rumors around here anyway. Like this thread on Geno. Nobody knows for sure what actually happend.

Yeah I remember people questioning his character, attitude, etc back while he was being recruited, mainly because of the picture you posted. I just chalk it up to a young kid doing something immature and stupid.

I dont think Tennessee stopped recruiting him though after his OV like some are trying to say. I seem to remember Hinshaw going all out for him and even going to see him on an in-home visit well after the OV. Why do that if he was such a problem on his OV and you no longer wanted to recruit him? But you're right about this place being mostly rumors sometimes with no substance or fact behind it.

I did think the article from the Clemson Rivals site was a hatchet job and nothing more. Very few writers on the Rivals network are like Brent Hubbs. Most of them are terrible journalists and extreme blind homers.

? Geno is on record saying UT didn't recruit him to really late and that was his biggest disappoint during his recruitment.

? Geno is on record saying UT didn't recruit him to really late and that was his biggest disappoint during his recruitment.

Do we know exactly why Tennessee didn't get in on him until late in the process? That's all I'm saying. You have his side and that's it. We will never know if they had a reason or just dropped the ball here. I don't expect any answer on the situation. Plus what can we do about it now? I agree with you , it does look like they messed this one up badly. But it's still speculation unless somebody can ask Dooley. I doubt he would even answer the question since it's all in the past.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back