'12 GA ATH Justin King (UT SIGNEE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not as highly touted as some of our other committs but a solid get nonetheless. The pics verify that and I'm even more excited about this kid.

"Watching Tennessee commit Justin King warm up he is well put together. Plays QB in the old wishbone here at Dunwoody." - Ryan Mansell247, Twitter
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Some pictures of Justin in high school for those of you who have not seen him yet.

he ended up playing QB as he is clearly the best player on the team.

318823_258748770831838_143939335646116_769593_907656003_n.jpg

307086_258749140831801_143939335646116_769599_1822890007_n.jpg

309147_258751614164887_143939335646116_769635_1447651438_n.jpg

Looks like an athletic build..looks like he has a thick, strong base
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Clmckee86 Cody McKee
#Vols OLB commit, and GA native Justin King described his visit to Knoxville as "crazy fun."

Here's something I've wondered for a few days. I wanted to find out what kind of offense Justin's team ran. I figured if they moved him to QB it was at least a spread attack with lots of QB running. It's something of a Veer, so I'm thinking...

I haven't seen a lot of highlights of him on offense. What I have seen showed me that he absolutely kills space as a LB. His seek is phenomenal. From the little I've seen, he reads his keys well and hits like a brick.

That said, Spencer Ware (graduate of the finest High School in America) was a QB, but projected to offense much in the same way. Here's what I'm getting at: I'm a pro guy before this year, so I don't know much about taking a High School linebacker and making him a running back or whatever. I know that King was recruited as a LB, but any chance he could turn into a Ware-type hole-breaker?

Again, I'm new to taking a guy's film and translating it to another position. It's almost never done in the pros. You draft a guy at the position he'll play 99.9% of the time. But I'm seeing a QB who's A gap first, A gap second, then outside unless the A gap opens up.

Or am I just completely blowing my assessment of his ability?

Reactions: 1 person
I get what your saying. If he a veer QB he's basically a RB who runs the ball most of the time, you would think he has good "instincts" with the ball in his hands.

especially since he's not a Burner and just gets runs past defender like say a "Blake Sims" type.

however, 6'3 is really tall for a RB

He had a great time in Knoxville. Told my sons that he was "Solid Vol" and wasn't even talking to other schools. He and his dad came up for the game and watched our D pitch a pretty strong game. I think he wants to be part of this very special Defense next year and the thoughts of him playing anywhere but OLB are probably just wishful thinking. When asked about redshirt, he said "I want to play soon". He is staying in touch with the coaches (during allowed contacts) and working hard to keep his grades up. No worries, he'll be a Vol in Fall 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back