'12 FL QB Nathan Peterman (UT signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh really? What about ZRogers?

What about him? He has twice the hands that Milton does, just can't handle the pressure in a game.

Milton can't catch a football in practice so he's not going to get a chance to catch them in a game.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Huge game tonight for Nate and the Bartram Trail Bears. They take on St Augustine, the #7 ranked team in the state in 6A. The Bears are ranked #3 in 6A.

We play at St Aug. We are 0-12 against the Yellow Jackets but have played them close on many occasions, including last years playoff game at St Aug where we lost 16-15 in a heart breaker.

On paper, we have the better team, just hope we can get through the mental aspect of never beating them before.

I'll let ya'll know how it goes!

Dep

Reactions: 1 person
Huge game tonight for Nate and the Bartram Trail Bears. They take on St Augustine, the #7 ranked team in the state in 6A. The Bears are ranked #3 in 6A.

We play at St Aug. We are 0-12 against the Yellow Jackets but have played them close on many occasions, including last years playoff game at St Aug where we lost 16-15 in a heart breaker.

On paper, we have the better team, just hope we can get through the mental aspect of never beating them before.

I'll let ya'll know how it goes!

Dep

Dep,

Thanks so much for your approach and the news you bring here. It's obvious how special you think Nathan is and how much you are pulling for him...I'll be checking the scores out tonight or early tomorrow and wish both of you the best of luck in the game tonight.

St Augustine's hold on this series continues after a 26-10 win against the Bears.

Like SpedVol said, receivers dropped balls all night. I don't recall us ever dropping that many. Nate threw his first 2 picks of the year. Still a great ratio with 23 TD passes and only 2 interceptions. One of the interceptions I'd put more on the receiver than Nate. We couldn't get our running game going, which let St Aug pin their ears back and rush the QB once they got the lead so he was scrambling quite a bit.

St Aug went for a ball control offense to keep our Offense off the field. Their QB threw 5 passes the entire game. It worked well for them.

Nate made some great plays despite the score. On one, a bad snap rolled back to him in Shotgun formation and he picked it up and ran about 15 yards for a first down. Another was when he was scrambling under pressure, looking for a receiver and found his TE in the back of the end zone for the TD.

But my absolute favorite was when he was running around the right end, lowered his shoulder and trucked the St Aug defender. I swear that kid flew back 2 yards.

Here is some comments Nate made to the media:

“They were the better team today,” said Peterman. “You know, we’re going to give the credit to them. We’re going to work hard. That’s the simplest thing. It’s going to make us work harder.”

Coach Sutherland told the guys this one was on him. “I made some boneheaded decisions,” he said. “I’m going to go watch film and learn, too. That’s what I told them. I said ‘Hey we’re all going to get better and I’m right there with you.’”

Tough loss for everyone. Heck, I even went home irritable and I graduated from St Aug!

So the first loss of the year, and we have a chance for a rematch in the playoffs.

Peterman family, you have a great son. He handled himself well last night with all the negative stuff from the opposing fans.

And that's about it. Good Luck today against BAMA.

Dep

Last edited:
St Augustine's hold on this series continues after a 26-10 win against the Bears.

Like SpedVol said, receivers dropped balls all night. I don't recall us ever dropping that many. Nate threw his first 2 picks of the year. Still a great ratio with 23 TD passes and only 2 interceptions. One of the interceptions I'd put more on the receiver than Nate. We couldn't get our running game going, which let St Aug pin their ears back and rush the QB once they got the lead so he was scrambling quite a bit.

St Aug went for a ball control offense to keep our Offense off the field. Their QB threw 5 passes the entire game. It worked well for them.

Nate made some great plays despite the score. On one, a bad snap rolled back to him in Shotgun formation and he picked it up and ran about 15 yards for a first down. Another was when he was scrambling under pressure, looking for a receiver and found his TE in the back of the end zone for the TD.

But my absolute favorite was when he was running around the right end, lowered his shoulder and trucked the St Aug defender. I swear that kid flew back 2 yards.

Here is some comments Nate made to the media:

“They were the better team today,” said Peterman. “You know, we’re going to give the credit to them. We’re going to work hard. That’s the simplest thing. It’s going to make us work harder.”

Coach Sutherland told the guys this one was on him. “I made some boneheaded decisions,” he said. “I’m going to go watch film and learn, too. That’s what I told them. I said ‘Hey we’re all going to get better and I’m right there with you.’”

Tough loss for everyone. Heck, I even went home irritable and I graduated from St Aug!

So the first loss of the year, and we have a chance for a rematch in the playoffs.

Peterman family, you have a great son. He handled himself well last night with all the negative stuff from the opposing fans.

And that's about it. Good Luck today against LSU.

Dep

Bama...

Thanks for the info...I always look forward to it...

Do you know his total stats so far?

THunder, thanks for catching my goof. LSU traumatized me so much I think they are playing everywhere...LOL.

Nate is now 116 for 181, 1565 yds, 23 tds, 2 INT, and 2 rushing TDs. I don't have his rushing stats handy.

Dep

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back