'12 CO QB Cyler Miles

do they? i thought ok still ran a variation of the leach mumme scheme, and arkansas is constantly in four wide... petrino does not run a pro style offense
It's pro style. It's a pass-heavy pro-style. Always gonna have some spread formations even in a pro-style o.

80% of what Petrino runs are considered spread sets. It's pro style in the sense that he doesn't mobilize his QB and run the read option out of it, but he spreads the field...which is what the spread is. The Patriots run the same type of offense.

Oklahoma is def. a spread offense. it is why there were questions about St Louis taking Bradford with the first pick.

but back to this Miles Meast... his skill set is extraordinary.

The UT offer really has Miles excited. There will be a full article up on Knoxvegasvols soon.

Why not he is a solid pick, and a great person to build a team around

It's the coach we chose that concerns me, and the lack of direction with our defense (Seriously Jerry Gray pick a damn scheme!)

Locker will be a bust. Book it. They made so many excuses for his bone head decisions it made no sense.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

With the Vols jumping in his offer list this past weekend, many would not think Tennessee would already be in his top 5.

"They are already in my top (5). I don't have a favorite right now,but they (Tennessee) are some of the ones that stick out to me right now."

Miles loved the fact of the high tradition that has been established on campus in Knoxville. "The tradition there is really great."
Says he wants to make a decision before the season starts.

He also mentioned that while he knows he will have to compete no matter the school, he will look at the depth chart when making a decision.

I think we have a real shot with him if we can get him to visit before he makes his decision. In the end, I think it is UT/UW.

Does anyone know if he's an early enrollee?

And btw, Washington already has 1 QB committed in this class and took 2 last year, so the depth chart argument can go against them.

Our depth chart shouldn't scare anyone off. Bray will be a Jr by the time the kid puts on a jersey and who knows if Bray will be here all 4 years. Nance and Worley have never played a down. I think Miles is OUs backup plan for Kiel so we should pull for Kiel to pick OU over ND. I'm not sure who Arky is pushing for after Pike picked Auburn. I'd definitely think he is our priority at QB with Pike and, more than likely, Kiel out of our picture. After Miles, I don't know that we have any QB targets unless one camps here and blows us away, possibly a guy like Voytik.

VN Store

Back