'12 CO QB Cyler Miles

How many years are we going to say this before it comes true, with even one QB?

We got Bray who was a 4 star then we just got the Gatorade Player of the year and the top QB on Dooley and Chaneys list. Sounds like we haven't missed in a few yrs. Granted at the time Bray wasn't on top of our list but he's worked out good so far.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

We got Bray who was a 4 star then we just got the Gatorade Player of the year and the top QB on Dooley and Chaneys list. Sounds like we haven't missed in a few yrs. Granted at the time Bray wasn't on top of our list but he's worked out good so far.

We didn't really know how Bray was gonna turn out, but it's obvious it worked.

Worley still has to improve. He was a 3 star for a reason.

We didn't really know how Bray was gonna turn out, but it's obvious it worked.

Worley still has to improve. He was a 3 star for a reason.

Crompton was also a 4 star for a reason. I dont put much stock in QB rankings. Those tend to be the ones they miss on the most. Brock Berlin was a 5 star and was supposed to be the next great QB on his generation. Chris Leak was another. He had some good times but for the most part was a bust. If Chaney and DD like and offer it sounds good to me. Just like theres a reason they havent offered Voytik. Plus you never know how any QB or player is going to work out.

Crompton was also a 4 star for a reason. I dont put much stock in QB rankings. Those tend to be the ones they miss on the most. Brock Berlin was a 5 star and was supposed to be the next great QB on his generation. Chris Leak was another. He had some good times but for the most part was a bust. If Chaney and DD like and offer it sounds good to me. Just like theres a reason they havent offered Voytik. Plus you never know how any QB or player is going to work out.

Leak was far from a bust.

His brother C.J. was a gigantic bust but he had knee injuries that screwed up his career.

Leak was far from a bust.

His brother C.J. was a gigantic bust but he had knee injuries that screwed up his career.

Wasnt saying he was a bust he just didnt live up to the hype he had coming out of school. Maybe if he had been in another system for 4 years it may have been different but he was supposed to win Hesimans and didnt. I think if he had been a Vol our offense suited him better than Urbans and may have been better, who knows. But by no means was he a beast in UF.

Miles, who visited the Seattle-area campus two months ago, pledged to the Huskies' coaching staff two weeks ago but chose to keep things quiet until after Mullen's finals were over. He made his commitment public this morning.

Read more: Finding a 'sincere' staff, Mullen quarterback Cyler Miles pledges to Washington - The Denver Post Finding a 'sincere' staff, Mullen quarterback Cyler Miles pledges to Washington - The Denver Post

Guess Sab was right on the money with Cyler, and I'm guessing he let UT know what was going on a few weeks ago which would explain the recent offers to Dewey and company

Miles, who visited the Seattle-area campus two months ago, pledged to the Huskies' coaching staff two weeks ago but chose to keep things quiet until after Mullen's finals were over. He made his commitment public this morning.

Read more: Finding a 'sincere' staff, Mullen quarterback Cyler Miles pledges to Washington - The Denver Post Finding a 'sincere' staff, Mullen quarterback Cyler Miles pledges to Washington - The Denver Post

Guess Sab was right on the money with Cyler, and I'm guessing he let UT know what was going on a few weeks ago which would explain the recent offers to Dewey and company

Definately sounds right. I know I was holding out hope he would be a Vol and missed all the signs. He was honestly my favorite QB in this class, even over Pike and Kiel. Was really wanting to land him.

Best of luck to him at Washington. It makes the Dewey offer make more sense and it seems that Miles was upfront with our staff. I can appreciate that.

I been on this site for a few years now and have noticed a trend when it comes to the top QB's in the country....we're not really in it as much as people think and "we'll get (insert 5 star qb here) next year" We sound like the freaking Cubs!!!

I think as a fan base we need to be honest, we have been passed by the likes of Auburn, Georgia, LSU, etc etc...until we win a few games and win a BCS game we're a middle of the road program no different than South Carolina

I been on this site for a few years now and have noticed a trend when it comes to the top QB's in the country....we're not really in it as much as people think and "we'll get (insert 5 star qb here) next year" We sound like the freaking Cubs!!!

I think as a fan base we need to be honest, we have been passed by the likes of Auburn, Georgia, LSU, etc etc...until we win a few games and win a BCS game we're a middle of the road program no different than South Carolina

I think most of us realize this but do bear this in mind:

1. Tradition - ours is rich and recent.
2. NFL - Peyton, Foster, Berry, Mayo. Those names are known and carry weight.
3. We are constantly within the top 3 of many of these QB's (Pike, Miles, Scroggins, etc.) We WILL get one sooner or later, and maybe he will help get us back to the top.
4. Tyler Bray - if/when he shows out, it will be a testimony to our staff in developing QB's. Kids just haven't seen our staff together long enough.

Yes, we have slid down the hill a bit. We have been passed. But we are constantly around the top and we will grab one (next year :crossfingers:)

I regrettably agree with you. Hopefully Nick is right, Tyler Bray can win some big games and get us back on the map with these top tier QB's. As Ricky Bobby once said "if your not first your last!"

That was him and Clausen, if I'm not mistaken.

Clausen was in the same class as John Rattay (who was another big-time QB prospect).

There wasn't another big-time QB prospect Tennessee landed in Simms' class.

AJ Suggs I think was in that class but he wasnt really a big-time prospect. He fluctuated by the NRA as a low 4* / high 3* throughout his senior year. Certainly nowhere near the level Simms was coming out of high school.

Suggs did not scare Simms away considering Suggs was committed about 6 months before Simms ever committed to Tennessee. Suggs was not all that highly recruited either.

I remember Suggs being really hyped, but that might've just been local coverage. Did not remember the timeline.

VN Store

Back