11 TN RB/CB Devrin Young - UT Signee

Randall Cobb>>Chris Donald

If DY had 4 stars oh goodness would yall think he is the man but because he is a 2 star who plays high school football apparently he is not good enough.
The kid is an unbelievable talent that we havent had here in awhile and the kid bleeds orange, what more do we want? We let a little star determine how if a football player is good enough.

Randall Cobb>>Chris Donald

If DY had 4 stars oh goodness would yall think he is the man but because he is a 2 star who plays high school football apparently he is not good enough.
The kid is an unbelievable talent that we havent had here in awhile and the kid bleeds orange, what more do we want? We let a little star determine how if a football player is good enough.

If he was a better prospect he would have 4 stars. That's like saying "I would be a millionaire if I had a million dollars"
Posted via VolNation Mobile

this is why i posted Randall Cobb vs Chris Donald
Cobb was a 2 star.
Donald was a 5 star and he is now picking his nose for UTC after transferring from UT.

Who would you rather have right now?

Cobb was a 2 star.
Donald was a 5 star and he is now picking his nose for UTC after transferring from UT.

Another tool who points to the exception rather than the norm. Exactly what this board needed.

Cobb was a 2 star.

Robert Meachem was a 5 star

Todd Campbell was a 3 star

who would you rather have?

Chris Johnson arguably the best running back in the NFL was not even ranked, he didn't even have a star and he only ran for over 2000+ yards in the NFL.

Obviously there is 5 stars and 4 stars who turn out like their ranking but all the time we see kids under ranked by the stars do great in college, give the kid a chance. I sure don't want to be kicking myself in the head with another Cobb story

He's turning out to be my least favorite recruit and it has nothing to do with the kid. It's because of idiotic comments being made about him. Like " The Next Percy Harvin" ridiculous.....

He's turning out to be my least favorite recruit and it has nothing to do with the kid. It's because of idiotic comments being made about him. Like " The Next Percy Harvin" ridiculous.....

+1

This over-hyping never ends. I honestly wish the best for the kid. But I get tired of hearing that he will be a world beater

Word is in Jefferson City at the allstar game practice is that DY is tearing it up. UT may have got a diamond in the rough.
You D*#n right. He's not used to running behind a good line because he didn't have one in high school, every yard he had, he made happen for himself regardless of so called poor competition, if you have no blocking you just have to make things happen. And he did just that.

Last edited:
Cobb was a 2 star.

And there you go. Postulate turned theory turned law.

you could debate stars all day but it comes down to 2 things

1. could your coaches teach and develop?
2.does the players want to work hard and develop?

you could debate stars all day but it comes down to 2 things

1. could your coaches teach and develop?
2.does the players want to work hard and develop?

C'mon Cane, you around we call that Wants it or Doesn't Want it. Of course there has to be a grassy hill and lake around if they really want it.

JB & Josh Woodard for Scout said last night & today that DY has been tearing it up in practice, they said he is just a smooth player with great speed & elusivness.

JB & Josh Woodard for Scout said last night & today that DY has been tearing it up in practice, they said he is just a smooth player with great speed & elusivness.

No way this is true. DY sucks and is the worst recruit we got. This is just more DY sunshine pumper nonsense. Too small, too slow, can't move, has no vision, plays against crap competition that Barney Fife could pile 2500 yrds on. Blah blah blah... how many of you anti DYs are gonna man up and admit how blind you were when he ends up doing well. Not every recruit is going to be a superstar.

No way this is true. DY sucks and is the worst recruit we got. This is just more DY sunshine pumper nonsense. Too small, too slow, can't move, has no vision, plays against crap competition that Barney Fife could pile 2500 yrds on. Blah blah blah... how many of you anti DYs are gonna man up and admit how blind you were when he ends up doing well. Not every recruit is going to be a superstar.

Agreed. They must be from East TN because anyone who says anything good about this kid is definitely an east-tennessean that is on his knees slurping DY.

Very few ever man up. They usually just move on to the next thing to be critical about.

Very few ever man up. They usually just move on to the next thing to be critical about.

That is so true. Here is my take on DY. I watched Dexter Mac his whole time at Largo and this kid looks like a clone to me same burst out of his cuts. I don't know if he will be as good as Dmac, but he has similiar skills.

VN Store

Back