11 TN RB/CB Devrin Young - UT Signee

I'd never say never on that one, pard. I say Young will play as much RB as Morris would. Looking like Dooley's a coach who uses everything he got. He got Young for his purposes. We'll be seeing what they are. Have you watched Young's vid?

No - Young isn't even being recruiting as a RB - Morris is - he would definitely play more at the RB position than Young considering Young will have zero snaps there.

DY said it himself when he spoke with the coaches. He said they plan to get him into space whether it means taking handoffs or catching the ball out of the backfield.

Why don't we just wait and see what the coaches decide instead of assuming that he will be greyshirted. This is a kid that has the drive and desire to be a Vol and all I ever read is how we should greyshirt him or let him go. I have been reading this board for a few seasons now and never have I heard so many fans use the word greyshirt. Let's just let it play out instead of making definitive statements that have no credibility.

Word is in Jefferson City at the allstar game practice is that DY is tearing it up. UT may have got a diamond in the rough.

Why don't we just wait and see what the coaches decide instead of assuming that he will be greyshirted. This is a kid that has the drive and desire to be a Vol and all I ever read is how we should greyshirt him or let him go. I have been reading this board for a few seasons now and never have I heard so many fans use the word greyshirt. Let's just let it play out instead of making definitive statements that have no credibility.

Priceless.

Thank God. A place to talk about Devrin Young.

The only way I'll talk about Devrin in this particular thread is if I say something about how he will be electrifying on special teams for us next year. Other than that, I'll stick to the subject at hand: Jeremy Hill.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Welcome to DevrinNation. Home of all of Devrin's Recruiting Threads. LOL. I like DY and think he helps fill a void, but mentioning him in every thread? C'mon fellas...

Welcome to DevrinNation. Home of all of Devrin's Recruiting Threads. LOL. I like DY and think he helps fill a void, but mentioning him in every thread? C'mon fellas...

It really does get tiring when the DY-pumpers have to rush to his defense whenever he is mentioned as a possible grayshirt so that we can SIGN ANOTHER STUD PLAYER.

Those who are so adament to make DY more important than the good of the program are what make this so ridiculous.

When it comes down to it, what is better for the program: 1) keeping DY, or 2) getting another more talented player who will fill other major roles for our team?

If you answer 1, you're a DY homer. If you answer 2, you realize the good of the program is more important than one individual in-state player.

I like DY, but I don't like him more than getting another player that is better for the team.

It really does get tiring when the DY-pumpers have to rush to his defense whenever he is mentioned as a possible grayshirt so that we can SIGN ANOTHER STUD PLAYER.

Those who are so adament to make DY more important than the good of the program are what make this so ridiculous.

When it comes down to it, what is better for the program: 1) keeping DY, or 2) getting another more talented player who will fill other major roles for our team?

If you answer 1, you're a DY homer. If you answer 2, you realize the good of the program is more important than one individual in-state player.

I like DY, but I don't like him more than getting another player that is better for the team.

I like option number 2.

VN Store

Back