11 TN RB/CB Devrin Young - UT Signee

Wow this is the first time I have heard about him. Have we contacted him?

he was also KIL Soph of the year and 1st time All KIL and Prep extra...had over 2000 all purpose yards and 21 tds......

Tennessee has showed some interest under the old staff....

5'7 150? Thats tiny, much less for a RB.

Edit: Nevermind, didn't see this was 2011.

Last edited:
"I'm looking forward to being recruited by Tennessee" said Young. "When we got there", as Young was accompanied on the trip by his step dad, "We got our hostess and where just sitting around. We listened to the academic counselors about the program and the different types of programs available for student athletes. We ate and then after that, they took just us prospects to the team meeting room. It got real hyped in the meeting room. After we left the meeting room, we went on the Vol Walk. It was real intense and the fans were very supportive."

"The way Coach Cregg was talking, I think I may get an offer at some point. Tennessee is now one of my top schools, along with UCLA and UNC. I love the staff, the environment, who they are bringing in and they said that they want to keep the best instate kids home."

Article

Last edited:
Next year is the year that we really need to hit instate hard and we won't be nearly as behind other schools for these kids as the past two classes.

Sounds like a Trindon Holliday kind of guy, mins the Usain Bolt Speed

he has world class speed for his age.....he also was a high school track all american..he was the top frosh sprinter in state of TN...........ran one of the 25 fastest 200M times in the nation for a frosh........like a 22.17.....so...the wheels are there....

Chris Sensabaugh is better.

I would disagree with that...and so would the coaches in their region (last year). KSDB and Bearden were in the same region and Chris made 2nd team devrin made 1st team on O & D....fwiw....

Sensabaugh may translate better to an LB......Chris is a top 10-15 player in 2011 class...Devrin is a top 5 talent.....

I'll second that fact that this kid is legit. He made defenses last year look foolish. He is small now, but he could be a very effective college player in a couple years.

VN Store

Back