'11 MI WR DeAnthony Arnett - UT Commit

Is he worth taking this early or do we hold out for better wideouts since we are stockpiled? just wondering?

Is he worth taking this early or do we hold out for better wideouts since we are stockpiled? just wondering?

Definite take.

He's still something of a longshot IMO, but if he decides to name Tennessee #1 with a commitment forthcoming, we take it on any day that ends in "y."

I think this guy will wait to see if we have a QB that can throw it to him and then take that into consideration before he decides. That is, of course, unless he plans to decide before his senior year.

im a big fan of tacoi sumler. wish we would really pursue him. reminds me of percy harvin and jacoby ford mixed together, but can catch as well.

Arnett named Michigan State his slight leader when interviewed by Rivals at a Nike Camp this weekend at Ohio State, followed by notre Dame, Tennessee, USC, and Cal. He plans to add probably 3 more schools to the list soon.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Michigan State, USC, and ND will end up being the teams to beat in the end.... the thing hurting USC and UT is the WR classes both schools just had. I read somewhere that he has stated he didn't really want to redshirt, but what top 100 player really wants to?

Michigan State, USC, and ND will end up being the teams to beat in the end.... the thing hurting USC and UT is the WR classes both schools just had. I read somewhere that he has stated he didn't really want to redshirt, but what top 100 player really wants to?

Not if Justice Hayes has anything to say about it, but I agree that realistically it could come down to those schools.

I think it will come down to MSU and UT. Justice Hayes could be the reason he ends up picking the Vols in the end and also the fact that his "dream" is to play in the SEC.

There is an article up on scout of this guy. Anybody with a subscription care to update? Thanks!

Nothing ground breaking. Got a visit from coach Bagget. Plans to visit UT in the summer, has us in top 5 with Michigan State out front. Seems to really like the UT coaches, but the father did mention him staying close to home so the family can watch his games. To be continued I guess.

"They're high on his list ... very high on his list," Ralph said. "They're in the top five. He likes Coach Baggett a lot. Coach Baggett coached one of my good friends, Clifton Ryan, who plays defensive tackle for the St. Louis Rams. Clifton had a lot of good things to say about Coach Baggett."

"We'll be down there this summer," said Ralph, who accompanied his brother on last June's camp visit to UT. "We're all going to visit this summer and meet Coach Dooley. I know D's coming back for an unofficial. He might come to watch the camp but he won't participate."

"DeAnthony's coming back, along with Justice Hayes and his family from Grand Blanc, Michigan," Ralph said.

"Michigan State is a slight leader right now," Ralph Arnett said, adding that the top five also includes "UT, USC, Notre Dame and Cal."

- Scout's interview with his brother

Lord Vader, I am getting a great vibe of how good of a recruiter Coach Baggett is. He is doing a great job in Michigan with Arnett and Hayes and also in Memphis with Gibson, Clear, Tino, etc. I have a great feeling that Baggett is going to land us Arnett and Justice Hayes out of Michigan. If he does, then that would be an amazing job. I think that Arnett will end up deciding between Michigan State and UT when it is all said and done.

I agree Baggett is doing a great job. I have a feeling that Lane Kiffin is going to have a say in this before it's all said and done.

The only 2 official visits Arnett knows for sure he's going on so far are to UT and USC.

I doubt we get them right now, but ya never know. They seem to be really big on us. Them visiting UT twice in the next year in big.

I agree Baggett is doing a great job. I have a feeling that Lane Kiffin is going to have a say in this before it's all said and done.

The only 2 official visits Arnett knows for sure he's going on so far are to UT and USC.

The NCAA may deter kids from going to LALA land. some LA Times guys think theyre looking at major scholarship reduction and 5 yrs probation

I hope they get it, and not the slap on the wrist most think they will get.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back