'11 MI WR DeAnthony Arnett - UT Commit

Spoken to him on Facebook?

We are not in many 2011 guys' top 3 right now.... because most don't have a top 3. He wants to visit and meet our staff.

We will end up being there at the end with Arnett, but I'd say the in-state schools and USC are the leaders right now.... but it's way too early to talk about top 3's.

I have spoken to him on the phone and on facebook, but I don't really see why that matters at all.

It's not too early to talk about top threes... He just listed a top three a few days ago, and Tennessee was not in it. If a kid lists a top three this early in the game, he will also likely make an early decision.

Like I said earlier, if the staff pursued him hard I could see us being a factor with him, but I don't think we ultimately land his commitment. I think he ends up at USC. That is JMO.

The bias on this board is crazy....

I have spoken to him on the phone and on facebook, but I don't really see why that matters at all.

It's not too early to talk about top threes... He just listed a top three a few days ago, and Tennessee was not in it. If a kid lists a top three this early in the game, he will also likely make an early decision.

Like I said earlier, if the staff pursued him hard I could see us being a factor with him, but I don't think we ultimately land his commitment. I think he ends up at USC. That is JMO.

It is crazy for you to throw things out like I spoke with him on the phone or talked to him and think that you aren't going to get bashed for it sitting behind a screen name.

Since everyone is thinking it: Why did you speak to him on the phone? How do you have his phone number?

It is crazy for you to throw things out like I spoke with him on the phone or talked to him and think that you aren't going to get bashed for it sitting behind a screen name.

Since everyone is thinking it: Why did you speak to him on the phone? How do you have his phone number?

Last I checked he has press credentials and actually works for a recruiting website. It's kinda his job to have that info and talk to recruits on the phone. Way to call a guy out though.

I never said we'd sign him...

all I'm saying is even if he names a top 3 (which he apparently has) and we aren't in it, that really doesn't mean anything at this point.

I also said USC is the team to beat, but I think in-state schools also will play a big role in his decision when it's all said and done.

Tennessee has a shot.

Yea I dont think people realize what JMVA does...

I know exactly what he does....

there are alot of people who do the same thing, what's the point?

I'm not bashing on JMVA, I'm bashing on Facebook stalking.... he does it, I don't like it but hey we all have our own opinion. I'm not suggesting he does or does not know what he's talking about.

Last edited:
I honestly don't see any sense discussing this guy... not gonna be wearing orange, especially with our location/depth

Hey Bama who do you think your top prospect is gonna be for this recruiting class?

Cyrus Kouandijo, OLine, is our best possibility right now. He's a top 10 lock, maybe top 5. His brother signed this year, and they do wanna play together, but its a LONG year from now until he announces on NSD (like I think he will). Watch some videos on Cyrus K. He is physically dominating.

Although Arnett doesn't have any more trips scheduled during the spring, he does have his eye on USC and Tennessee for possible official visits during the fall. He didn't rule out another visit to Notre Dame either.

Per Rivals...

He's still looking at us.

It's gonna be tough with this kid but the fact that he still has us as one of three to visit is great.

Cyrus Kouandijo, OLine, is our best possibility right now. He's a top 10 lock, maybe top 5. His brother signed this year, and they do wanna play together, but its a LONG year from now until he announces on NSD (like I think he will). Watch some videos on Cyrus K. He is physically dominating.

That's what made his brother such a good pickup to me. Smart kid, and a great player in his own right, then you get a huge advantage in recruiting his little brother.

It's going to come down to USC, Tennessee, and an in-state school. I don't see him choosing Notre Dame.

Arnett has tentative plans to unofficially visit Michigan for the Wolverines' spring game, Tennessee next week and Cincinnati in the next few weeks.

Per Rivals...

He will be in Knoxville next week.

JC Shurburtt

WR DeAnthony Arnett says Michigan State is his slight leader over (in no order) USC, Notre Dame, Tennessee and Cal.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

"Yes, right now I would say Michigan State is my leader, but just slightly. It is still very close between all of the schools I am looking at. I have also decided to add two more teams to the schools I am seriously considering, Tennessee and Cal."

- Rivals

VN Store

Back