'11 MI WR DeAnthony Arnett - UT Commit

It will come down to whether he wants to stay close to home or not. I think we have the edge outside of Michigan St.

It will come down to whether he wants to stay close to home or not. I think we have the edge outside of Michigan St.

Openly saying that USCw was once a front-runner for his services, I don't think staying close to home or distance is too much of a factor. That is working in UT's hand, definitely.

Had to be able to see that we were lacking big time in the slot, especially with G. Jones out. He could come in right away and get snaps there.

Rivals

"They definitely need (playmakers), you could obviously tell that. The running game is there though. Poole's pretty good," Arnett said.

Arnett made the nearly nine hour trip to Knoxville to witness one of Tennessee's worst home defeats in its storied history. Although the game was rough, Arnett said he had a good time.

"Overall, it was a good trip. Me and my teammate had a lot of fun. I think they showed a lot of good things for a young team playing against an experienced team like Oregon," Arnett added. "You kind of expected Oregon at some point in the game to explode, which they did."

One thing that stuck out to the 6-foot, 170-pound wide receiver was the amount of freshmen on the field.

"You can just see youth all over the field. They had no other choice; play the young guys or don't play anybody," Arnett said.

That is appealing to Arnett. One of the biggest things he is looking for on his visits during the fall is playing time options at the particular schools.

Yes

This kid could get a ton of playing time early on. Actually we have some young bucks in the WR spot.

You say that but if Matt Simms does not get his accuracy down it will not matter who we have a wide out. I've been really disappointed in Simm's inability to check down his receivers and make catchable throws. Then again, my expectations could be a little high.

You say that but if Matt Simms does not get his accuracy down it will not matter who we have a wide out. I've been really disappointed in Simm's inability to check down his receivers and make catchable throws. Then again, my expectations could be a little high.

Very true. Simms is not going to be the man that takes us to the promised land.

Bray should start next year...

My biggest knock on Simms is his sometimes extremely blatant stare-down of his receivers. The pick against UF in the endzone was a prime example. They put Justin Hunter in on the left side just to pull the safety over for a double team, but he never even thought about looking over there. Hunter still got double teamed, but the MLB just hunkered down and watched his eyes follow Rogers to the back of the endzone.

He needs to work on that or he'll have at least 1 INT in every game. That kind of thing shows up on film and it's so easy to make a QB pay for it.

My biggest knock on Simms is his sometimes extremely blatant stare-down of his receivers. The pick against UF in the endzone was a prime example. They put Justin Hunter in on the left side just to pull the safety over for a double team, but he never even thought about looking over there. Hunter still got double teamed, but the MLB just hunkered down and watched his eyes follow Rogers to the back of the endzone.

He needs to work on that or he'll have at least 1 INT in every game. That kind of thing shows up on film and it's so easy to make a QB pay for it.

This. Simms makes some ill-advised throws. Staring down receivers is a problem of his. That is normally a common mistake with inexperienced receivers. With his dad, and already playing a couple years, I wouldn't have expected him to struggle with it so much. Just IMO. Predictability isn't always the problem with Simms, I think it may have more to do with execution, for example, throwing a dart instead of a more lobbed pass to let a receiver like Hunter or the TE Stocker have a better chance of catching the ball opposed to a smaller defender deflecting it.

The kid is going to be a game changer at the next level. If you have a Rivals account go to his vids and watch his vids in camps. The kid has excellent quickness and can change directions like no other. He has great feet and his hands are solid not too mention his speed on top of all that. He's going to be a good WR.

VN Store

Back