'10 FL ATH Matt Elam

But I tend to cut these kids a little slack, in this process they are going against grown-ass men who are at the pinnacle of a profession requiring them to be master salesmen and spin doctors. It's hardly a fair match when these kids are faced up with the Coleys, Orgerons, etc of the world.

Thanks very much for this board guys, I've been reading it daily.

Welcome to VN! :hi: I appreciate other points of view as long as we treat each other with mutual respect.

I do not agree with paragraph above, however. Where are Matt's parents & HS coach in all of this? Is he getting no guidance whatsoever? Or is he ignoring their advice & just looking like an idiot? :crazy:

Isn't it possible that Urban told him something along the lines of...

"I'm dissapointed that you committed to FSU before we even had a chance to talk. Here's my situation....

Can I ask you to just give it a week to think about it based on our long relationship, and not rush into anything, can you give me that much?"

I would be suprised if Elam didn't agree to that, what's he going to do, tell him to get bent after all these years? Doesn't NECESSARILLY mean that he's decided against FSU.

Now the UGA stuff and so on, who knows. But I tend to cut these kids a little slack, in this process they are going against grown-ass men who are at the pinnacle of a profession requiring them to be master salesmen and spin doctors. It's hardly a fair match when these kids are faced up with the Coleys, Orgerons, etc of the world.

Guys which, for the most part, escape scrutiny from the fans and media, at least compared to the kids.

Obviously, it could be handled better, but I wouldn't hand $15,000 to a 17-year old and trust him to negotiate a new car purchase, he would get eaten alive by any random car salesman.

And yet we expect them to handle themselves perfectly faced with guys who are several magnitudes more effective and relentless than any car salesman. And largely less restricted by the process than a car salesman.

So unless they're clearly bad kids, I tend to cut them some slack.

Thanks very much for this board guys, I've been reading it daily.

This is a good post. Welcome aboard. You will be attacked by people who do not read things that do not have pictures for being long winded, but ignore them.

well i hope ur right and he chooses the vols! but i also just read on another thead that we have a surprise recruit that we are gettin soon lol VB

This is a good post. Welcome aboard. You will be attacked by people who do not read things that do not have pictures for being long winded, but ignore them.

Thanks. The rest of my family is all Vol, so I get pretty frequent updates about you guys, and grew up a huge fan and was for a long time. My first (and last after what happened) childhood sports hero was Tony Robinson.

Thanks. The rest of my family is all Vol, so I get pretty frequent updates about you guys, and grew up a huge fan and was for a long time. My first (and last after what happened) childhood sports hero was Tony Robinson.

so if ur a Nole fan and ur family are Vol fans...does this mean you hate Florida twice as much :p

I see no way Elam ends up a Vol. If he's smart he'll go to FSU over UF. I feel FSU has enough talent to win the ACC in a few years and Elam would be an immediate contributer there. If he swaps to RB instead of S, FSU would be a better offense to showcase his abilities. All that said, he would be better in Knoxville than anywhere else with this staff developing him; nothing better than an NFL quality staff to develop you for the league. I still think no matter what this kid stays in Florida at some program. Best of luck to him unless he's a Gator.

so if ur a Nole fan and ur family are Vol fans...does this mean you hate Florida twice as much :p

Definitely. When I was in school my father used to come visit me for a game at FSU, and he'd always be decked out in his UT stuff for the game. You wouldn't believe the love he used to get.

My favorite was my freshman year in 1990. My father came down to the FSU game, and it was Saturday following the Tennessee-Florida Game. He's in his orange, and as we're walking down the street some FSU fans in a convertible stopped on the road near us. They said "Hey sir, do you know what time it is when it's quarter after two?"

My father and I just stood there, "Huh?"

In unison they screamed "45 to 3! Go Vols!" and peeled off.

I apologize for the length of this post and it's off-topic nature.

Definitely. When I was in school my father used to come visit me for a game at FSU, and he'd always be decked out in his UT stuff for the game. You wouldn't believe the love he used to get.

My favorite was my freshman year in 1990. My father came down to the FSU game, and it was Saturday following the Tennessee-Florida Game. He's in his orange, and as we're walking down the street some FSU fans in a convertible stopped on the road near us. They said "Hey sir, do you know what time it is when it's quarter after two?"

My father and I just stood there, "Huh?"

In unison they screamed "45 to 3! Go Vols!" and peeled off.

I apologize for the length of this post and it's off-topic nature.

Thats Great!:eek:lol:

Welcome to the board!:hi:

Well I admit I was wrong. Sounds like Elam will be a Gator. Also dont know if ya'll heard tonight that a UF coach told one of his recruits coaches that UF will end up with Elam, Floyd and Powell tomorrow....Im almost afraid to watch the game, I cant handle another Gator fest again.

VN Store

Back