'10 FL ATH Matt Elam

All these stories about decommitment are coming from the same source which is the UGA article which was bs his mom even said he's just having fun....Im not saying he's for sure going to FSU but nobody else besides that 1 article has said he decommited. Wouldnt suprise me if he ends up at FSU.

Get over it he decommited ...why else would he ask for the announcement slot?

Link to story

IMHO he will end up at FSU. He's still in contact with our coaches, and for the most part has had very little contact with Meyer. The decommittment rumor stareted with the UGA site, and there hasnt been any other credible source that has confirmed that. He loves the attention, and just wants to add the drama like a lot of other kids on Sat.

All these stories about decommitment are coming from the same source which is the UGA article which was bs his mom even said he's just having fun....Im not saying he's for sure going to FSU but nobody else besides that 1 article has said he decommited. Wouldnt suprise me if he ends up at FSU.

Seriously?

Matt Elam - Yahoo! Sports

Scout.com: Matt Elam Profile

Are you in some kind of denial?

I'm not saying he won't end up at FSU...but every credible recruiting source says he's now decommitted...

You didn't answer my other question....does Elam remind you of Fred Rouse...(i.e. does his attention seeking, prima donna act remind you of Rouse)?

Last edited:
Seriously?

Matt Elam - Yahoo! Sports

Scout.com: Matt Elam Profile

Are you in some kind of denial?

I'm not saying he won't end up at FSU...but every credible recruiting source says he's now decommitted...

You didn't answer my other question....does Elam remind you of Fred Rouse...(i.e. does his attention seeking, prima donna act remind you of Rouse)?

Lol you dont get it, im not going to continue to keep trying to explain it will just see what happens on Sat. No he doesnt remind me of Rouse. Those articles that are saying he decommitted are coming from 1 source the UGA website which he was BS'n. If you click on his name on the rivals website FSU is still his only college choice up top. He was just trying to draw attention to Sat. Wouldnt suprise me if he chooses UF, but he's said all along he doesnt believe Urban and i thik he's just having fun with it.

Lol you dont get it, im not going to continue to keep trying to explain it will just see what happens on Sat. No he doesnt remind me of Rouse. Those articles that are saying he decommitted are coming from 1 source the UGA website which he was BS'n. If you click on his name on the rivals website FSU is still his only college choice up top. He was just trying to draw attention to Sat. Wouldnt suprise me if he chooses UF, but he's said all along he doesnt believe Urban and i thik he's just having fun with it.
going to UF.

Kid got owned by Ambles at the AA practices (one on one)

Hope he goes to UF and gets owned by Ambles again and again and again and again.

Kid got owned by Ambles at the AA practices (one on one)

true, but remember that one on ones always favor the WR and also, that Elam will play SS...pitting him in one on ones against WR1s is really pretty ridiculous...

but, I do agree that what I have seen of him at the Army game he looks terrible in coverage

If Elam comes to UF I have no idea what his final position in college will be. But unless his coverage skills in one-on-one situations get a TON better, he won't be covering any WR's in college. Maybe he's better suited for LB'er.

If Elam comes to UF I have no idea what his final position in college will be. But unless his coverage skills in one-on-one situations get a TON better, he won't be covering any WR's in college. Maybe he's better suited for LB'er.
or even RB...hear he is pretty nasty with the ball.

Elam is pretty upset about Leavitt's firing as USF was his next commitment destination, thought eventually he would decommit from USF and keep his party going.. Sad Day for Elam

Sorry Scalpem, but IMO Elam's "commit" to FSU meant that he was just crying out for attention from his big hero, Urban Meyer. Now that Meyer has given him some attention & stroked his ego, he is all UF. :eek:lol:

Isn't it possible that Urban told him something along the lines of...

"I'm dissapointed that you committed to FSU before we even had a chance to talk. Here's my situation....

Can I ask you to just give it a week to think about it based on our long relationship, and not rush into anything, can you give me that much?"

I would be suprised if Elam didn't agree to that, what's he going to do, tell him to get bent after all these years? Doesn't NECESSARILLY mean that he's decided against FSU.

Now the UGA stuff and so on, who knows. But I tend to cut these kids a little slack, in this process they are going against grown-ass men who are at the pinnacle of a profession requiring them to be master salesmen and spin doctors. It's hardly a fair match when these kids are faced up with the Coleys, Orgerons, etc of the world.

Guys which, for the most part, escape scrutiny from the fans and media, at least compared to the kids.

Obviously, it could be handled better, but I wouldn't hand $15,000 to a 17-year old and trust him to negotiate a new car purchase, he would get eaten alive by any random car salesman.

And yet we expect them to handle themselves perfectly faced with guys who are several magnitudes more effective and relentless than any car salesman. And largely less restricted by the process than a car salesman.

So unless they're clearly bad kids, I tend to cut them some slack.

Thanks very much for this board guys, I've been reading it daily.

Isn't it possible that Urban told him something along the lines of...

"I'm dissapointed that you committed to FSU before we even had a chance to talk. Here's my situation....

Can I ask you to just give it a week to think about it based on our long relationship, and not rush into anything, can you give me that much?"

I would be suprised if Elam didn't agree to that, what's he going to do, tell him to get bent after all these years? Doesn't NECESSARILLY mean that he's decided against FSU.

Now the UGA stuff and so on, who knows. But I tend to cut these kids a little slack, in this process they are going against grown-ass men who are at the pinnacle of a profession requiring them to be master salesmen and spin doctors. It's hardly a fair match when these kids are faced up with the Coleys, Orgerons, etc of the world.

Guys which, for the most part, escape scrutiny from the fans and media, at least compared to the kids.

Obviously, it could be handled better, but I wouldn't hand $15,000 to a 17-year old and trust him to negotiate a new car purchase, he would get eaten alive by any random car salesman.

And yet we expect them to handle themselves perfectly faced with guys who are several magnitudes more effective and relentless than any car salesman. And largely less restricted by the process than a car salesman.

So unless they're clearly bad kids, I tend to cut them some slack.

Thanks very much for this board guys, I've been reading it daily.

Why did you become a member of this site for one rediculously long post that is irrelevant to UT vols recruiting..... Take that to WC or any other UF FSU board that that is relevant at.

exactly right D, your talking about a kid who is 17 yrs old and had grown men telling him everything he wants to hear! so what if he has trouble deciding which college he wants to go too! lay off these KIDS, you wouldnt like it if someone was talking about your child like that!!!

It's amazing how many times I've clicked on this link with the hope that Elam will have reconsidered and chosen the Vols. Guess we don't have much hope at this point tho...

VN Store

Back