'10 FL ATH Matt Elam

I still don't understand this WVU appeal. They are good for 8-10 wins a season, but never really in it for a title, the location sucks, not a lot of tradition, and I would think the facilities are probably average at best. I would even bet the academics are average.

I just don't get why if a kid has an offer from schools like Florida, UT, USC, UGA, LSU, etc...why they would want to go there.

There will always be a large number of recruits that want to get the heck out of S FL. WVU is about as different from S FL as it gets. A slower pace of life and the ability to be a big fish in a small pond is attractive to them.

Anyone else think we have a shot with this kid? Maybe if Jackson gets kicked off the coaches could hard sell him on starting as a true freshman taking over jackson's spot?

IMO Elam couldnt play deep 3rd like Janzen has played this yr. Elam seems more like an in the box SS but we'll see what happens with him

Matt was in Athens this weekend for OV..scout has new article up about Jakar Hamilton working him this weekend and Hamilton states "The two have gotten close" not a subscriber because most of their stuff is late or "suspect" IMO but an ex-dog tells me that the visit went great and Matt is still on campus with Jeff tonite.

Agreed. I've heard nothing that leads me to believe Elam is going anywhere other than UF. Just free visits.

I would say his Facebook status "May I shock the world?" would suggest the slight possibility of him saying he isn't going to Florida....Dunkley posted to it saying he was going to shock them too.....have something in common possibly?

I think a lot of times, these kids get caught up in all hype and attention that they're receiving. I don't think you should ever look too much into anything posted on Facebook/Twitter/MySpace. Remember all the crap Jesse used to post on his page? We read WAY too far into that.

Seems like not too long ago some other top recruit mentioned that he was going to "shock the world" with his announcement and then committed to the school everyone was expecting. These kids want publicity - can't blame them.....

Originally posted by dawgbiteu:
How did Elam and Luc's visits go with UGA this weekend?

Getting Elam on the horn has been tough lately. Hearing it went well but I'd be surprised if he switches to Georgia. I keep hearing if he's going to de-commit from Florida it will be for Tennessee. Luc's visit went well I hear but UGA is a longshot for him even with Rogers on board.

Mike Farell

Just for fun. From VQ:

Matt Elams' facebook status last night: "May I shock the world!?" Yesterday at 9:58pm via Mobile Web

Then Chris Dunkley responds to his post with this: "Yea bro cause I am"
Yesterday at 10:29pm

Just for fun. From VQ:

Matt Elams' facebook status last night: "May I shock the world!?" Yesterday at 9:58pm via Mobile Web

Then Chris Dunkley responds to his post with this: "Yea bro cause I am"
Yesterday at 10:29pm

It would be nice if there was something to that.

VN Store

Back