'10 FL ATH Matt Elam

i was under the impression that elam was the lockiest of gator locks
so if he left it would be very enjoyable to hear about how he was scared of some other guy they were bringing in and didnt want to compete

that being said im still gonna assume that he ends up in gainesville

Like Jacques is to us?

Florida earned a commitment from the son of Addie Lewis and Donald Elam in October, but Matt decided to re-open his recruitment a crack this spring. The Gators, Mountaineers, Virginia Tech, Georgia, Alabama, Florida State, Miami and Boston College are all on board with the versatile youngster.

"I'm still looking around and seeing what schools have for me. I'm planning to come up to West Virginia," Elam said.

wvsports

he really needs to take a visit here. it would drive the Gators nuts and if he's impressed with WVU's D, I don't see how he couldn't be excited about how Monte would use him at either the safety or linebacker spot.

He continued, "The way (the Mountaineers) use their safeties -- it fits me. They blitz a lot. They play a lot of man [coverage]. They give people the opportunity to show how great they are. What stood out to me the most was when I saw the rotation of the safeties. Five of their safeties played more than 30 plays. I was like, wow, that's a lot. That's great."

Elam also mentioned the the Gators' depth at safety is a concern, but that he loves to compete and won't drop Florida on that factor alone.

Florida Football Recruiting 2010 - ESPN

Suposedly Monte Kiffin's defense has made quite an impression on him and many other recruits that will lilkely play on defense. Check out what "X" says in this link: The Edge on TonyBasilio.com

It would be great to make Meyer cry again by snagging another good one right out from under his nose!

How is he solid? He doesnt do anything more than 90% of the people here do and read articles and put them all into his words.

I thought he was solid to Florida. He and Meyer go way back to when he recruited his brother to Notre Dame. But, Elam has been taking some visits of late and he had to be impressed with the Tennessee's defense on Saturday.

I don't know who wouldn't be impresses with that defense on saturday. Maybe it'll be good enough to get him on campus. If we can get him on campus we have a chance. Same with any prospect in the country no matter who they are.

There is something here. It would be very difficult to land him, but I think we will get a visit before NSD...

I could see Urban's overbearing nature helping us out here. You know that Urban has to be worried about our staff from the way he acted with Nuke.

I would love nothing better than for Urban to go into inferiority complex panic mode at the thought of Elam visiting us and hounding Elam until he tells Urban to F off.

From what I've read, Elam had been backing off his commitment to Florida recently.. I don't have a link but I read an article somewhere that said to be suprised to see him open up his recruitment again soon..

Lane Kiffin is all over Elam. He is all over many of our commitments. We just have to wait and see what happens. FWIW he was really recruiting for us this past weekend in Gainesville.

Another name that is a must for the rock. We're going to need to bring in a bigger rock with this staff.

Were gonna be fine with the rock im not worried about it more worried with if the offense and defense can pull in an impressive win and we can climb the ladder and catch us up with UF.....

VN Store

Back