'10 FL ATH Matt Elam

Ha Ha. You have to love a coach named Jack Daniel(s).

Well, maybe not.

Last edited:
I hope CLK has a plan on how to develop a relationship with some of the coaches in FL. Doesn't look like it is going to be easy.

CUM recruited his brother at ND. I wonder if CUM will try to get Matt to transfer to ND when he takes the job after next year.

"There won't be any change of mind," Elam said. "I'll be in Gainesville in January."
The 6-foot-1, 205-pound safety/running back/receiver said he hopes to play defense for UF. He listed the Gators' tradition, UF's fervent fan base and the city of Gainesville as reasons for selecting Florida, but said his eventual signing primarily will be because of coach Urban Meyer.
"That had a lot to do with it," said Elam, whose family has a relationship with Meyer dating back to his brother Abram's recruitment to Notre Dame when Meyer was a Fighting Irish assistant. "I know what he is about. My brother told me a lot of good things about him. We have conversations. We have a relationship. We have a real good relationship that I don't think any other player and coach have.
"The coaches have shown my family and me lots of love."

"He is possibly the most versatile athlete in Florida. He has great speed and hands, and is a threat to score any time he touches the ball. Defensively, he is not afraid to lower the shoulder and blast the ball carrier or intended receiver into the next world."

"There won't be any change of mind," Elam said. "I'll be in Gainesville in January."
The 6-foot-1, 205-pound safety/running back/receiver said he hopes to play defense for UF. He listed the Gators' tradition, UF's fervent fan base and the city of Gainesville as reasons for selecting Florida, but said his eventual signing primarily will be because of coach Urban Meyer.
"That had a lot to do with it," said Elam, whose family has a relationship with Meyer dating back to his brother Abram's recruitment to Notre Dame when Meyer was a Fighting Irish assistant. "I know what he is about. My brother told me a lot of good things about him. We have conversations. We have a relationship. We have a real good relationship that I don't think any other player and coach have.
"The coaches have shown my family and me lots of love."

:crazy:

Rivals

I'm just looking around to see something different in case something goes down and I can't go to Florida anymore.

Apparently he is looking to take some visits in case Urban goes to South Bend.

Eddie Gran is trying to get him on campus. At one point back in the spring, it looked like Elam might take an unofficial but never did. Gran has and will continue to fight for a visit.

- Brent Hubbs

I guess I am the only drunk arse still up reading. Great news on 3 hot targets. Sounds like a really hard 7 months to figure out. Thanks vader for your info.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

How awesome of a LB class would we have if we got both Luc and Elam. Freakin' boss! I doubt it happens, but it would be amazing.

i was under the impression that elam was the lockiest of gator locks

so if he left it would be very enjoyable to hear about how he was scared of some other guy they were bringing in and didnt want to compete

that being said im still gonna assume that he ends up in gainesville

You never know what a so called LOCK is thinking. It would be nice to get him with Luc, Askew and Irvin at the LB.

I've heard safety/athlete on this guy from the word "go." I don't know where the linebacker projection started.

VN Store

Back