#1 Ooltewah vs McMinn Co's High Octane Offense

Shows you how much those awards mean then, doesn't it?

And the Ooltewah QB couldn't win a QB award from his own county, school, or even grade in his school so not sure if that's much of an insult.
They mean as much to high school players as conference awards do to college players.

I played Football with Bo since we were in the Pee Wee league and yes he has always been an Ass but a good friend also. I played for Coach Mullinax and he was very aggressive as a Coach and we loved him. These players now a days are too passive and believe things should just be handed to them and they should not be yelled at, or they go running to their momma. He will never please everyone so why try to. I support him even tho he is a cocky SOB.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You totally missed the point - shows how credible they really are...
I didn't miss any point. These awards are voted on just like conference awards in college. I understand that J. Smith has all of the necessary tools to be a big time college player and I am a fan of his. Nevertheless, Tevin McDermott did have a better high school year than Smith and is very deserving of his being named District Player of the Year. I have no argument that JS is the top ranked player in TN, but the voters got it right on McDermott and would not be surprised if JS concurred. He appears to be a very well grounded young man with a good head on his shoulders.

I didn't miss any point. These awards are voted on just like conference awards in college. I understand that J. Smith has all of the necessary tools to be a big time college player and I am a fan of his. Nevertheless, Tevin McDermott did have a better high school year than Smith and is very deserving of his being named District Player of the Year. I have no argument that JS is the top ranked player in TN, but the voters got it right on McDermott and would not be surprised if JS concurred. He appears to be a very well grounded young man with a good head on his shoulders.

Yeah - you're basing it solely off statistics. Jacques Smith had a better year. It just wasn't one statistically - and you didn't watch Ooltewah play - so you wouldn't know that. He was always, always, always double teamed - even triple teamed (yet he still made numerous plays - included a TON of game winning sacks/FFs/etc). He allowed other guys on the line and the linebackers to take over and make Ooltewah one of the top defenses in the state, if not the best.

Last edited:
What were Cy's numbers last night? Doubt those will be posted.

Worst throwing motion I have ever seen.

Cy was 4 of 13 for 105yds, 1 TD, 3 INT...he also had 10 carries for 50yds. For sure this was not one of his better games, but everybody has bad days...so maybe it is out of his system and Friday he will play his best ever!!! Along with the rest of the TRIBE!!!

Last edited:
Cy was 4 for 13 for 105yds, 1 TD, 3 INT...he also had 10 carries for 50yds. For sure this was not one of his better games, but everybody has bad days...so maybe it is out of his system and Friday he will play his best ever!!! Along with the rest of the TRIBE!!!

So, up until Tevin bailed them out, AGAIN, he was 3 of 12 for 30 yards and 3 pics?

Tevin bailed us out, no doubt. McMinn looked AWFUL Friday night. I read in a previous post we would have to play our best game to beat OR, well we didn't. I'm not sure how we managed to win this one...well, yes I do... Tevin!! He has really stepped up the last part of the season. But Maryville is gonna know that, so coaches have to remember he (and Cy) are not the only 2 players out there. Tevin is a VITAL part of us winning, but at the same time smart plays are gonna have to be called in order for us to even have a chance Friday.

So, up until Tevin bailed them out, AGAIN, he was 3 of 12 for 30 yards and 3 pics?
One of the picks should have been caught. I don't know where the kid's head was he actually threw a pass when he was five past the line of scrimmage. Yes the defense and Tevin saved the game against a terrible Oak Ridge team.

One of the picks should have been caught. I don't know where the kid's head was he actually threw a pass when he was five past the line of scrimmage. Yes the defense and Tevin saved the game against a terrible Oak Ridge team.

agree. defense played very good. without tevin, we would not be playing this week.

I have a question.....Is Billy Vestal actually talking to anybody on those headsets?

Let's not be too hard on him though...He has had a great yr, he just had a bad night. He's a kid!

I totally agree. Had it not been for pastor's constant pimping, I wouldn't say a word. He seems like a good kid and I wish him the best. UT material he is not and there is nothing wrong with that

Let's not be too hard on him though...He has had a great yr, he just had a bad night. He's a kid!
Not being hard on him but when someone comes on here and starts multiple threads touting him as a big time QB.......

I hear what you are both saying. It's like Cy was being shoved down our throat. But remember, that wasn't his fault. I'm not sure if he is D1 material either, but he is a good High School QB. I have recently heard he was invited to 2 different UT games. Not sure how much truth is to that, but did hear it.

Billy Vestal!!! lol. I don't know if he is talking to anybody or not, but if he is, it's probably not doing much good because Bo calls what he wants!!! lol

VN Store

Back