#1 Ooltewah vs McMinn Co's High Octane Offense

I don't hand out compliments lightly bass...the kid can play and could play in the SEC (defensively). Not saying he will. Ables is different story he should have a nice career at the UT Martins of the world. Darrell the season ends in Round 2. Nice run but dont make it into anything more... and if you are as informed as you should be you know this staff could implode at any moment. Bo could be standing alone.

Now what were your thoughts on the clock management particularly the last series in the 4th qt?

Last edited:
I don't hand out compliments lightly bass...the kid can play and could play in the SEC (defensively). Not saying he will. Ables is different story he should have a nice career at the UT Martins of the world. Darrell the season ends in Round 2. Nice run but dont make it into anything more... and if you are as informed as you should be you know this staff could implode at any moment. Bo could be standing alone.

Now what were your thoughts on the clock management particularly the last series in the 4th qt?

Didn't pay any attention to it... I was busy supporting and cheering on the Cherokees. Are you even a MC Cherokee fan? It sure doesn't seem like it.

Last edited:
Didn't pay any attention to it... I was busy supporting and cheering on the Cherokees. Are you even a MC Cherokee fan? It sure doesn't seem like it.
I was a fan up until the hiring of Cagle. The guy is an ass and his treatment of players and fellow coaches walks a very thin line. Not to mention the fact of how he handled the knife in the lockeroom incident a while back. It is what it is and I will support the kids on the field probably more so than the HC but not to the point of blind loyality.

I was a fan up until the hiring of Cagle. The guy is an a** and his treatment of players and fellow coaches walks a very thin line. Not to mention the fact of how he handled the knife in the lockeroom incident a while back. It is what it is and I will support the kids on the field probably more so than the HC but not to the point of blind loyality.

Well you can definetly be a Cherokee fan and NOT be a Bo fan. I agree 1000% the knife story was not handled they way a coach/teacher should have handled it. However, he was not hired to make "friends" with the Cherokee fans, he was hired to WIN football games, and that's what he is doing. Do I think he is fair all the time? NO. Do I think he should grab kids and push them around? NO. Do I think he has the respect of his players? NO. Do I think he properly handles all the fighting between players? NO. But he is a coach that deals with those 90 boys everyday, a lot more than I do, or would care to do. He is young, and I hope and pray he soon realizes he can't treat other people (coaches & kids) the way he does sometimes. Once he figures that out then the respect will come, the fighting will cease, and ballgames will still be won. Bo could a great coach in the making.

Well you can definetly be a Cherokee fan and NOT be a Bo fan. I agree 1000% the knife story was not handled they way a coach/teacher should have handled it. However, he was not hired to make "friends" with the Cherokee fans, he was hired to WIN football games, and that's what he is doing. Do I think he is fair all the time? NO. Do I think he should grab kids and push them around? NO. Do I think he has the respect of his players? NO. Do I think he properly handles all the fighting between players? NO. But he is a coach that deals with those 90 boys everyday, a lot more than I do, or would care to do. He is young, and I hope and pray he soon realizes he can't treat other people (coaches & kids) the way he does sometimes. Once he figures that out then the respect will come, the fighting will cease, and ballgames will still be won. Bo could a great coach in the making.
I will agree he has a lot of growing up to do and it will only come when someone points out that it is not all about him. If you are just looking for results then he is your man.

Agreed. It's definetly not all about him. He does have an arrogant manner about him sometimes. Which is weird, because sometimes he seems to be super nice and other times....no way. And I have been around him a long time and it's still that way!!!! But anyway, those boys need to be taught to respect one another and respect the game. Character, Morals, Respect, Responsibility.....all those things are as important as any play they learn. Football is like life. There are fumbles, interceptions, hard hits, and touchdowns....it's all how you've been taught to play. That comes from parents and coaches.

But of course I want results! Don't we all??? This is high school football!!! Every team out there wants to win.

Last edited:
Agreed. It's definetly not all about him. He does have an arrogant manner about him sometimes. Which is weird, because sometimes he seems to be super nice and other times....no way. And I have been around him a long time and it's still that way!!!! But anyway, those boys need to be taught to respect one another and respect the game. Character, Morals, Respect, Responsibility.....all those things are as important as any play they learn. Football is like life. There are fumbles, interceptions, hard hits, and touchdowns....it's all how you've been taught to play. That comes from parents and coaches.
But of course I want results! Don't we all??? This is high school football!!! Every team out there wants to win.
Maybe its just growing pains this being his first job. I was fortunate to be on one of the last teams Ace coached but those tactics don't work in todays game. Don't get me wrong I don't want the team to fail to prove my point. I wish them the best!

Maybe its just growing pains this being his first job. I was fortunate to be on one of the last teams Ace coached but those tactics don't work in todays game. Don't get me wrong I don't want the team to fail to prove my point. I wish them the best!

Every coach has his on style. I played football in the late 70s under a coach who didn't allow cursing or long hair, then one who didn't care, including using a few choice words himself. Both produced results. As pertaining to MC's HC, what I have seen has impressed me: 3 win seasons in a row, 2 play-offs, upsets of 2 #1's, players going on to college ball, etc... Think about how many teams/fans would love to have those credits, especially this early in a coach's career. We better appreciate what we have.

Oh, and by the way, I am picking MC over Oak Ridge and Maryville. Cy will have his best game of the year in one of the next two games....wait and see.

Every coach has his on style. I played football in the late 70s under a coach who didn't allow cursing or long hair, then one who didn't care, including using a few choice words himself. Both produced results. As pertaining to MC's HC, what I have seen has impressed me: 3 win seasons in a row, 2 play-offs, upsets of 2 #1's, players going on to college ball, etc... Think about how many teams/fans would love to have those credits, especially this early in a coach's career. We better appreciate what we have.

Oh, and by the way, I am picking MC over Oak Ridge and Maryville. Cy will have his best game of the year in one of the next two games....wait and see.

Yup! He is winning ballgames!!! And I agree, MC will win this won. I'm even gonna go out on a limb and say we will win BIG. GO TRIBE!!!

Sounds to me like some would sell their soul for wins. Like I said if you want wins he is your man. Lets see what he does when all those Srs graduate. Its not like he had to rebuild. I wasn't talking about his team rules . I was leaning more towards things like putting his hands on players, his treatment of the coaches who left the program, his double standards for certain players, his lying to parents and to admin over the knife deal. But Momma's got his back and he is winning so its all good.
Don't sell OR short, its a very winable game but MC will have to play their best ball. I hope you are right on both counts!

BTW... Darrell I hope you are talking about your days in Loretta in the late seventies because after Benny left the results didn't return until Mullinax came back.

Last edited:

Wasn't there but from what I hear it was atrocious.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Cy Ables stats per High School Band Wagon....decide for yourself!!

Passing
Games Played 9
Attempts 178
Completions 114
Percentage 64.04 %
Interceptions 2
Yards 1,581
Touchdowns 11
Longest 75
Sacks 0

Rushing
Games Played 9
Attempts 119
Gain 440
Loss 0
Net 440
Average 4
Touchdowns 5
Longest 41

Cy Ables stats per High School Band Wagon....decide for yourself!!

Passing
Games Played 9
Attempts 178
Completions 114
Percentage 64.04 %
Interceptions 2
Yards 1,581
Touchdowns 11
Longest 75
Sacks 0

Rushing
Games Played 9
Attempts 119
Gain 440
Loss 0
Net 440
Average 4
Touchdowns 5
Longest 41

Impressive: And that doesn't include the number of times that he had to scramble to get away from rushing defenders, and the number of in-the-hand-drops (50?) that the receivers made this year.

Impressive: And that doesn't include the number of times that he had to scramble to get away from rushing defenders, and the number of in-the-hand-drops (50?) that the receivers made this year.
So are you saying all but 14 of his incompletions were because of drops? That is impressive!

So are you saying all but 14 of his incompletions were because of drops? That is impressive!

I did put a (?) mark behind the 50...but think about it: If u have followed the games, including (especially) the Maryville game, there was an average of about 5 dropped passes per game. Let's see...9 X 5 = 45. Ok, I'm five short. I'm still in the ball park.

See u at the game tonight....Go Tribe!

Cy Ables is not good
Not a fan of Ables, but he did win District Quarterback of the Year over your guy, and McDermott won player of the year over your UT committment and number 1 player in the state. Number 1 in the state, but not in his own district?

Not a fan of Ables, but he did win District Quarterback of the Year over your guy, and McDermott won player of the year over your UT committment and number 1 player in the state. Number 1 in the state, but not in his own district?

Shows you how much those awards mean then, doesn't it?

And the Ooltewah QB couldn't win a QB award from his own county, school, or even grade in his school so not sure if that's much of an insult.

What were Cy's numbers last night? Doubt those will be posted.

Worst throwing motion I have ever seen.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back