#1 Heat v. #2 Spurs: THE NBA FINALS!

I wanna say Spurs in 6 just based on matchups, but I have no idea how they're going to look after the amount of time off they've had.

What matchup?
Miami is about to go up against something of a better, more rested and far more playoff tested version of a team that just took them to seven (at the least, I have more faith that San Antonio will continue their good form after a break than the rest of the Heat continuing to show out).

Miami is about to go up against something of a better, more rested and far more playoff tested version of a team that just took them to seven (at the least, I have more faith that San Antonio will continue their good form after a break than the rest of the Heat continuing to show out).

Indiana and San Antonio aren't much alike.

Indiana is a predominate low post team, grind it out and play great defense.

San Antonio is a pick and roll and drive and kick team. Almost everything is predicated on Tony Parker.

Indiana presented so many problems down low with Hibbert and West, the Spurs don't really offer that. Duncan isn't a low post banger anymore and they don't have anyone that resembles West.

Miami is so long and athletic that they can lock down a pick and roll team with ease at times.

Lol. I'll think twice now about jokingly saying someone's on drugs. I got it.

Dude I'm just bored. And while I talk about sports a lot, I joke just as much. Only take 35% of what I say seriously. :)

Dude I'm just bored. And while I talk about sports a lot, I joke just as much. Only take 35% of what I say seriously. :)

Haha I figured as much. I'm the same exact way. I still have little to no idea what your first response to me meant. :)

Indiana and San Antonio aren't much alike.

Indiana is a predominate low post team, grind it out and play great defense.

San Antonio is a pick and roll and drive and kick team. Almost everything is predicated on Tony Parker.

Indiana presented so many problems down low with Hibbert and West, the Spurs don't really offer that. Duncan isn't a low post banger anymore and they don't have anyone that resembles West.

Miami is so long and athletic that they can lock down a pick and roll team with ease at times.
San Antonio also plays pretty stout defense and can grind out boards. Not quite on the level that Indiana does, but the Spurs also take far better care of the ball.

Just on the eyeball/gut level, I've seen San Antonio play better, more consistent quality basketball against tougher playoff competition this year. And, unusually, they've been able to do it after extended periods of time off. On the other hand, I don't see the rest of the Heat continuing to show up game in and game out like they did tonight.

I don't have anything against the Heat or LeBron or Wade anymore, I just get the impression that San Antonio has the edge going into this series.

San Antonio also plays pretty stout defense and can grind out boards. Not quite on the level that Indiana does, but the Spurs also take far better care of the ball.

Just on the eyeball/gut level, I've seen San Antonio play better, more consistent quality basketball against tougher playoff competition this year. And, unusually, they've been able to do it after extended periods of time off. On the other hand, I don't see the rest of the Heat continuing to show up game in and game out like they did tonight.

I don't have anything against the Heat or LeBron or Wade anymore, I just get the impression that San Antonio has the edge going into this series.

If Wade can be "Wadeish" and Bosh isn't a complete pile of garbage, I think Miami has the advantage. If they're going to get the same level of production from those two, all bets are off.

Haha I figured as much. I'm the same exact way. I still have little to no idea what your first response to me meant. :)

You asked if he was on drugs.

I said are you not. Insinuating that everyone on VN is on drugs.

Had to be there I guess.

VN Store

Back