'09 GA LB Dexter Moody

I will take this guy in a sec. Scout and Rivals both give glowing reports on him. He is very athletic. if we get him i look for him to be a special teams demon. how is he a 3* you may ask? I believe because he is still learning his position and where to line up!

There is an article on Tennessee's Scout.com page that written yesterday about him. Has anyone read it? I don't have a Scout account...

Moody's high school head coach Milan Turner---

Georgia has been working with him on some things, but Dexter wasn’t going down the path they wanted him to with grades and some disciplinary things.

the newest article also says it's yet to be determined if he has to go the prep/JUCO route.

Why did UGA pull his scholarship? Not sure I'd be too excited about a guy who can't even get onto campus before getting into trouble.

Heard he had a little trouble with a teacher in a classroom. He is kinda Immature, but a great prospect. Heard it was down to US and Marshall, but he wants to stay close to home.

There is a thread on this in the recruiting forum;)

figured you guys already knew, I was just to lazy to search :). Kids going to be good but he threatened his chemistry teacher and we pulled his scholly.

Moody is much better than his 3 star rating. I think it's his perceived attitude problems that has dropped him down. This isn't his first incident as I understand it.

This is the way I understand it as well. I read an article a while back talking about him and the Ealey kid that broke the GA state touchdown record. The article said that even though Ealey was rated higher coming out of high school, they thought Moody would make the better college player.

Last edited:
figured you guys already knew, I was just to lazy to search :). Kids going to be good but he threatened his chemistry teacher and we pulled his scholly.

Why did the professor threaten to give him homework...are we sure we want him with us. He might get a little upset and choke someone on the field.

How good would you say this guy is on a scale from 1-10?

I was in your neck of the woods this past weekend Fade. Well, not sure exactly, I was in Oxford Georgia. My wife is from GA and we were down there with all her UGA family. They give me a hard time as you might expect. My wife's grandmother lives in Emmanuel County, just down the road from ECI. They were talking about the ECI player being let go by Georgia. They thought it was the Ealey kid. My mother in law didn't even know Moreno wasn't coming back this year until she saw it on tv this weekend. Show's how much they know. They only talk about UGA when times are good, even though they consider themselves die hard fans. :) I told them it was the Moody kid, but at the time I was out of the loop and didn't realize he was possibly coming to UT. They are gonna die. I can hear it now. Well, you can have him. Mark Richt wouldn't allow someone like that on Georgia's team. What they don't know, is if he comes to UT, he better keep himself in line as well. Kiffin don't mess around. Ask the 7 or 8 that was on last years team that is no longer with us.

One of the obnoxious gator trolls over on GoVolsXtra said they were talking about Moody and where he might go. Then he said everybody there thought since Moody looked to be bad risk, they all agreed he needed to commit to Tennessee. How easily they overlook UF's list of thugs and all the players that have been arrested at uf lately..

Fact of the matter is he is a young kid that got a little arrogant. I am sure he will be fine but with last years rap sheet we were not going to take a chance on guys that could have potential character issues. If you do get him I am sure Kiffin will make sure he keeps his nose clean.

So he can walk on and does not have to sit out a year? Will he be able to play this fall?

UGA released him and therefore he doesn't have to sit out. I'm not sure why Eric thinks he's a walk-on. He could enroll in the fall and sign scholarship paperworks once he got on campus but the last day to sign a spring LOI has passed. He may not be able to play, though, if he has to go the prep/JUCO route.

VN Store

Back