'09 GA LB Dexter Moody

I don't know enough about the situation to say. Perhaps another way to think about the this is - He is going to be suiting up somewhere. Do you want to play against him?

Moody’s recruitment, release a mystery | UGA Sports

I was hoping Mr. English was going to shed a little light onto this murky situation but he really didn’t. Moody told me he was recently suspended for an argument he had with one of his teachers down there. Mr. English would neither confirm or deny that. “That was Georgia’s decision and I won’t go into that,” he said. The only thing he’d go on the record about was Moody’s character.

“Dexter is like any other 17-year-old student-athlete that has remarkable athleticism,” English told me. “Our job as educators is to prepare Dexter for the future, for life after high school. Dexter’s a great kid and I don’t want things portrayed negatively about one of my students. Dexter’s not a trouble-maker and he’s going to have some other great opportunities.”

Cliff notes about the incident:

He cornered his teacher in the classroom yelling, threatening, and cussing at him (telling him he was going kill him). Teacher is in a ball in the corner holding a desk over his head protecting himself from Moody, crying his arse off.

Take him. He made a mistake. The people backing Daniel hood should back Dexter without a doubt
Posted via VolNation Mobile

well Scout.com has an article on him on the homepage---

Aileen Moody (his mother)---

It's really down to two schools, Tennessee and Marshall.

I guess he's all-Vol then.

more quotes---

I was disappointed with what happened with Georgia. I was hoping there was another way or that they would give him a second chance.

They have their rules and we have to respect that and move on. I am excited and ready for him to move on. He'll just have to pick another school now.

This is the first time I have ever been through anything like this with a child of my own, so I didn't know what to expect. I am looking forward to it all being over. He'll have a decision very soon and we can all move on.

Last edited:
Sounds Tennessee bound. There shouldn't be a competition between us and Marshall unless he has a close relationship with their coaches for some reason

Sit him out a year and let him grow up a little. People make mistakes and hopefully he will learn from it.

quote from another board in response to the UGA fans who have been spreading rumors about Moody's incident---

If he would have put his hands on the teacher, he would have been expelled. That is the bottom line. If he would have threatened to kill the teacher, he would have been expelled and arrested (at the school) and charged with making terroristic threats (add assault, if he would have touched the teacher). It wouldn't have mattered if the teacher wanted to press charges or not, the school is obligated to press charges.

quote from another board in response to the UGA fans who have been spreading rumors about Moody's incident---

all of those assessments are true and since none of the resulting punishments occured i tend to think that the incident was less serious than it has been portrayed as being

What if the real reason Richt revoked his LOI was because he practiced wicken(sp?) or was satanic or something?

That post came from another Georgia fan didn't it? I thought he was from GAVarsity...

No, the quoted post was directed at Bob. Bob isn't a bad guy for Peach State news, but he does have a habit of repeating gossip.

What if the real reason Richt revoked his LOI was because he practiced wicken(sp?) or was satanic or something?

That could only help with getting Jeff Luc IMO considering how unholy some of his highlight hits are.

take him we need play making linebackers in a bad way.

Moody, Askew, and King would bring some nice much needed competition in the fall

Moody is much better than his 3 star rating. I think it's his perceived attitude problems that has dropped him down. This isn't his first incident as I understand it.

VN Store

Back