šŸˆSUPER BOWL LVIII: 49ers 22 Chiefs 25 (FINAL)

What I don't understand is who is not watching the SB? People who have to work, so maybe that accounts for 50m? WTF are the other 175m Americans doing? Who doesn't watch the SB? It's not about football. It's a national holiday and cultural experience.
I've thought the same thing. Literally the only person I know who reliably doesn't not watch the game is my brother-in-law, and some years even he'll surprise me and say he watched some of it, usually towards the end of the game.

Literally everybody else I know - family, friends, co-workers, basically every acquaintance, not only watches the game but is usually at some kind of event/get-together to watch the game. Everybody who I follow on Twitter, whether or not they have anything to do with sports or not, was tweeting about the game. Perhaps I just don't have as wide of a social circle as I think, or live more in a bubble than I think? Now that I think about it, almost everybody I know has what I would describe as a medium level of interest in at least one sport.

What I don't understand is who is not watching the SB? People who have to work, so maybe that accounts for 50m? WTF are the other 175m Americans doing? Who doesn't watch the SB? It's not about football. It's a national holiday and cultural experience.
By not watching it, I wasn't subjected to any blasphemous "He Gets Us" adds. It has also become to much of a cult and unlikeable celebrity event. It all needs to be toned down.

No one watches the Oscars, so they all have leeched on to the SB to get the attention they desperarately craved.

Last edited:
By not watching it, I wasn't subjected to any blasphemous "He Gets Us" adds. It has also become to much of a cult and unlikeable celebrity event. It all needs to be toned down.

Most watched SB ever but they're doing it wrong according to this guy, who doesn't like positive messages about Jesus or celebrities.

Most watched SB ever but they're doing it wrong according to this guy, who doesn't like positive messages about Jesus or celebrities.
No positivity to be found in pride and blasphemy. Some of you are turning a championship game into an idol worship event. Idolatry is what destroys nations.

Not saying the message is negative, but the clarity about who is behind the campaign has created some debate. Iā€™m surprised this is your comment given your operation ā€œwhatever it wasā€ comments.

No idea how the two are related or what you're talking about with any of this. He commented on the message, not who is behind it. I only know what I've seen in these commercials.

Sounds juicy. Fill me in

I am listening to the Sports Animal and they just had a report on the Super Bowl parade in Kansas City and one person has passed away and there were also some injuries during the parade.

A tragic moment for a special day for the Chiefs fan base and franchise.

I am listening to the Sports Animal and they just had a report on the Super Bowl parade in Kansas City and one person has passed away and there were also some injuries during the parade.

1 dead. 10-15 injured.

Fans chased the one dude and tackled him. They have 2 suspects in custody though.

Reactions: Volfan1000
So we got multiple shooters here??

edit: Sounds like 3 people detained, but I'm trying to make sense of 3 shooters and only 1 dead person? Was this gang violence and most of the injured was collateral damage? How would 3 armed terrorists only get 1 kill?

Last edited:
No idea how the two are related or what you're talking about with any of this. He commented on the message, not who is behind it. I only know what I've seen in these commercials.

Sounds juicy. Fill me in

Theyā€™re related in so much as the people behind the scenes likely donā€™t live up to the message being conveyed. You just seem naturally skeptical and cynical about such things so was surprised you just went with the face value (which again isnā€™t bad necessarily).

I know that the Hobby Lobby crew is involved and, depending on your cultural politics, havenā€™t appeared to be so loving of all Godā€™s peoples. This just devolves into culture war/politics from here, so Iā€™ll hang up now. Lulz

Theyā€™re related in so much as the people behind the scenes likely donā€™t live up to the message being conveyed. You just seem naturally skeptical and cynical about such things so was surprised you just went with the face value (which again isnā€™t bad necessarily).

I know that the Hobby Lobby crew is involved and, depending on your cultural politics, havenā€™t appeared to be so loving of all Godā€™s peoples. This just devolves into culture war/politics from here, so Iā€™ll hang up now. Lulz

In one case, I knew a ton of concerning information about lies and fraud that led me to be cynical about the organization. I didn't start that way. I generally give people and organizations the benefit of the doubt. In fact, for way too long I went on believing Ballard was probably a good guy who told lies for the greater good. Turns out he's an actual villain, so I wasn't cynical enough.

In this other case, I knew nothing about the org to be cynical. All I know is that I've seen some of their commercials and they seem to jive with Jesus' teachings, which is cool with me. If I heard a lie from them, I would've gone down the skepticism road.

IDK anything about Hobby Lobby except thst everything in the store is 50% off and they don't on Sundays. I do know why the commercials rub some people the wrong way...

Last edited:
So we got multiple shooters here??

edit: Sounds like 3 people detained, but I'm trying to make sense of 3 shooters and only 1 dead person? Was this gang violence and most of the injured was collateral damage? How would 3 armed terrorists only get 1 kill?
I'm thinking gang related and innocent people got the blunt of it...JMO

Trey and Casey Filter are absolute HEROES! They stopped one of the gunmen cowards with a gun in KC. More good news, Missouri has the death penalty.

No one watches the Oscars, so they all have leeched on to the SB to get the attention they desperarately craved.

Sounds like a big you problem.

VN Store

Back