šŸˆSUPER BOWL LVIII: 49ers 22 Chiefs 25 (FINAL)

McCaffrey fumble on the first drive was not Shanahan.
False starts and holding on the second drive was not Shanahan.
The team has no " one" to blame. SF lost it as a collective of errors.
He should explain the rationale behind taking the ball first in OT. That definitely isn't what most coaches would elect to do.

I Disagree with the people saying you have to kick to start OT. To me, you absolutely take the ball in that situation. Not only was the KC defense gassed, but if the game is still tied after each team has had a possession, it becomes next score wins. Obviously youā€™d want the ball first after it goes to sudden death.

I Disagree with the people saying you have to kick to start OT. To me, you absolutely take the ball in that situation. Not only was the KC defense gassed, but if the game is still tied after each team has had a possession, it becomes next score wins. Obviously youā€™d want the ball first after it goes to sudden death.
Good point, getting the third possession argument is the deciding factor.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
The same play worked twice last SB to win it, and then they win it with that play today. I don't understand, but impressive.

Joe Montana had to watch MaHomes do what he did to teams many times .

Rip their heart out on game winning drive..

Hate to see it šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Mahommes had nearly 200 more passing yards in this super bowl than he did last year, but I would say he played better in last yearā€™s super bowl.

Like nearly anything else, a case can be made for taking the ball first, but that's not playing the percentages. It's the same reasoning as to why college coaches always elect to take the ball 2nd in OT. It is an advantage to know what the minimum need is on your first offensive series, when both teams are guaranteed at least one possession.

I think that's especially true when facing an offense that moves the ball as well as KC does in between the 20's, but is also prone to stalling in the red zone. You want to know what the minimum need is on your first possession. Do you need a TD or a field goal? You aren't likely to keep them from scoring at all, when their kicker is good from 57 yards out.

Reactions: MAD
Hypothetically if you got the ball first and ran the clock properly, you could score with almost no time left, and whoever got the ball second might not have any time left on their turn.
You could, but the number of 14-15 minute drives at the professional level areā€¦pretty few and far between.

Reactions: MAD
Like nearly anything else, a case can be made for taking the ball first, but that's not playing the percentages. It's the same reasoning as to why college coaches always elect to take the ball 2nd in OT. It is an advantage to know what the minimum need is on your first offensive series, when both teams are guaranteed at least one possession.

I think that's especially true when facing an offense that moves the ball as well as KC does in between the 20's, but is also prone to stalling in the red zone. You want to know what the minimum need is on your first possession. Do you need a TD or a field goal? You aren't likely to keep them from scoring at all, when their kicker is good from 57 yards out.
Is it still the rule that if team A takes the ball first in OT and scores a TD then the game is over? Only a FG extends the game if that first team scores, right? Or has that changed?

VN Store

Back