4846 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Butch has lost even the apologists. within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 10-11-2017, 11:13 PM   #1
The Tall Gguy
Bucket of Lightbulbs

Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists
Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists
Butch has lost even the apologists

It seems the Butch apologists have gone into hiding. It happened with Fulmer, it happened with Dooley.
I believe it is time for a change...but is there anyone left who still thinks butch is the right man for the job?
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-11-2017, 11:17 PM   #2
UT Hill Man

Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists
Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists
No, it's been building up to this point.

VN Likes: 13
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-11-2017, 11:23 PM   #3
NEVolFan
Ima dude playing a dude..

Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-11-2017, 11:28 PM   #4
tbones0711

Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists
I've been on and off the site purt near all day and a few still have his back. Negas have backed off a little only because it's a bye week and most everything has been said. Not sure what this weekend will bring but most are expecting the playcalling to suit JG and heavy to Kelly. Just wait and see for now.
VN Likes: 7
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-11-2017, 11:37 PM   #5
TrishVol

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tall Gguy View Post
It seems the Butch apologists have gone into hiding. It happened with Fulmer, it happened with Dooley.
I believe it is time for a change...but is there anyone left who still thinks butch is the right man for the job?
Only the few misguided souls who think they must support the coach to the bitter end
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-11-2017, 11:47 PM   #6
Orangethumb

Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists
There is honestly nothing left to say on either side. Personally I think he should go. When? When we find a better coach. Do I have faith the admins will get this done? No. We're up the creek without a paddle and I fear the misery will continue with or without Butch.

Last edited by Orangethumb; 10-11-2017 at 11:48 PM.. Reason: Spelling and punctuation are hard.
VN Likes: 4
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-11-2017, 11:51 PM   #7
tnktm

Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists
I don't think he's the right man for the job but I don't like getting personal and taking shots at him anonymously and the feeling of ganging up on him. "It's just a message board" some say but it's being published for the whole world to see. I believe he has worked hard and is trying, and I appreciate the effort. I think playing in the SEC and particularly being measured against Alabama every year that we need a top level coach and Butch hasn't proven to be it. I just don't want to get on a public forum and spew hate.
VN Likes: 41
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 12:32 AM   #8
MrVol
Outsider

Butch was given 5 years and the Vols are not better. All the players are his so you can't blame Dooley. Spend the money and get a big name coach like... Gruden!
VN Likes: 4
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 12:37 AM   #9
ImportedVoL
The Converted Yankee

Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVol View Post
Butch was given 5 years and the Vols are not better. All the players are his so you can't blame Dooley. Spend the money and get a big name coach like... Gruden!
I would not go as far as to say we are not better...but we are definitely not where we should be.
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 01:16 AM   #10
daniel 85

Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists
http://www.volnation.com/forum/attac...1&d=1507788787
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1504559145794.jpg (53.8 KB, 68 views)
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 01:16 AM   #11
BanditVol

Just wait till he beats bammer
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 02:05 AM   #12
Wylo

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel 85 View Post
That would be awesome if Tennessee was winning.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 02:07 AM   #13
peddi631

I still support coach until he no longer is coach. I will always support the program.

Your hate has you thinking you are a majority just because of a silly forum where you congregate like fish in a mud hole.
VN Likes: 36
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 02:44 AM   #14
hammer81tn

Butch has lost even the apologists
Quote:
Originally Posted by peddi631 View Post
I still support coach until he no longer is coach. I will always support the program.

Your hate has you thinking you are a majority just because of a silly forum where you congregate like fish in a mud hole.
I hate to tell you bud but every poll I've seen on the issue of whether Butch should stay or not has been overwhelmingly in favor of him going and sooner than later. And where else do you expect to find a bigger congregation of fans than on fan forums or fan pages? If you want to ride Butch until he sinks the ship, no one's stopping you. There are many of us that want excellence on the field, something that comes at a premium lately with our football team. You can't determine who is a fan by whether they support a coach or not. We don't like the direction of this football team and we are voicing our displeasure with it. We basically have no offense outside of John Kelly but we have all this talent. Where is it? This isn't the fan's doing, we buy what they sell and without fans there's no football team, no NCAA, NFL, MLB, etc. If anybody has reason to complain, it is the fan base.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 02:52 AM   #15
OrangeByBirth
Volunteer Fan

Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists Butch has lost even the apologists
Quote:
Originally Posted by peddi631 View Post

Supporting the program includes striving for excellence rather than settling for mediocrity.

GO BIG ORANGE!
Reply With Quote TOP