Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison  
2368 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Vols and Gators Comparison. within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 03-20-2017, 09:19 AM   #1
Ancient Reptile

Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison
Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison
Vols and Gators Comparison

I know, I know: there's no comparison. Still, I find it interesting that I see these similarities. (1) Both teams should have their best O-lines in several years;(2) Both teams have work to do in the secondary;(3) Both teams are looking for quarterbacks.
Guess you guys are returning more experienced D-lines and we have more experienced RBs. Don't know about LBs. All right, have at it and, for the record, I intend nothing bad in posting this.
VN Likes: 6
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-20-2017, 09:23 AM   #2
Doberman

The only comparison that matters:

McIlwain does more with less.

Butch does less with more.
VN Likes: 28
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-20-2017, 09:40 AM   #3
PEPPERJAX
Let's Do A Ritual....

Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison
Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Reptile View Post
I know, I know: there's no comparison. Still, I find it interesting that I see these similarities. (1) Both teams should have their best O-lines in several years;(2) Both teams have work to do in the secondary;(3) Both teams are looking for quarterbacks.
Guess you guys are returning more experienced D-lines and we have more experienced RBs. Don't know about LBs. All right, have at it and, for the record, I intend nothing bad in posting this.
DL & LB depth are major concerns with this team. If the vols have a healthy Shy Tuttle and Kalil Mckenzie, then we will have a rotation of five DTs who have played. Way too thin for SEC football. Outside of D. Kirkland and Cortez Mcdowell, there are just a bunch of unproven guys at LB. I guess you could count Colton Jumper but he is not SEC material IMO. Hope he proves me wrong.
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-20-2017, 09:45 AM   #4
Crazy Ivan
Hairvoyant

Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberman View Post
The only comparison that matters:

McIlwain does more with less.

Butch does less with more.
Mc had more on defense his first 2 seasons at UF, and a great defense can keep you in games until the 4th qtr, and then if the other team makes mistakes you have a chance to win. UT made 4th qtr mistakes 2 seasons ago, and LSU made mistakes in 2016, and UF capitalized on both occasions. That defense was dominated by Muschamp players.

If he wins the East this season with most of his own players on defense and an average offense then I will say he can do more with less.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-20-2017, 09:48 AM   #5
Doberman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Ivan View Post
Mc had more on defense his first 2 seasons at UF, and a great defense can keep you in games until the 4th qtr, and then if the other team makes mistakes you have a chance to win. UT made 4th qtr mistakes 2 seasons ago, and LSU made mistakes in 2016, and UF capitalized on both occasions. That defense was dominated by Muschamp players.

If he wins the East this season with most of his own players on defense and an average offense then I will say he can do more with less.
So Mac has to win the East 3 times in a row for you to say that? 3 East titles in his first 3 years.

Butch 0 in 5.

I'm not following your logic.
VN Likes: 12
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-20-2017, 09:59 AM   #6
Mookie

Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEPPERJAX View Post
DL & LB depth are major concerns with this team. If the vols have a healthy Shy Tuttle and Kalil Mckenzie, then we will have a rotation of five DTs who have played. Way too thin for SEC football. Outside of D. Kirkland and Cortez Mcdowell, there are just a bunch of unproven guys at LB. I guess you could count Colton Jumper but he is not SEC material IMO. Hope he proves me wrong.
I am with you on the D Line. I do not see how we can have an over achieving season with this D Line.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-20-2017, 10:16 AM   #7
Crazy Ivan
Hairvoyant

Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison
Quote:
So Mac has to win the East 3 times in a row for you to say that? 3 East titles in his first 3 years.

Butch 0 in 5.

I give him credit for winning the East the first 2 seasons, but the UF defense won the East for him. And those were Muschamp's players. So while his offense was pretty average, all the pundits told us that was one of the best defenses in the SEC, so I don't really buy in that he did more with less. The majority of those players left after the 2016 season, so going forward that defense will be made up mainly of players Mc recruited.

UGA is favored to win the East in 2017. If Mc wins it again, with mainly his players on both sides of the ball, then I will buy in that he can do more with less.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-20-2017, 10:26 AM   #8
Doberman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Ivan View Post
I give him credit for winning the East the first 2 seasons, but the UF defense won the East for him. And those were Muschamp's players. So while his offense was pretty average, all the pundits told us that was one of the best defenses in the SEC, so I don't really buy in that he did more with less. The majority of those players left after the 2016 season, so going forward that defense will be made up mainly of players Mc recruited.

UGA is favored to win the East in 2017. If Mc wins it again, with mainly his players on both sides of the ball, then I will buy in that he can do more with less.

I'd call winning the East 2 years in a row, while not the favorite, and losing my starting QB both years, only to win in spite of that fact, quite impressive, and an overachievement.

I'm no Mac fan either, BTW. Average at best.
VN Likes: 8
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-20-2017, 10:32 AM   #9
Orange_Vol1321

Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison
Quote:
I'd call winning the East 2 years in a row, while not the favorite, and losing my starting QB both years, only to win in spite of that fact, quite impressive, and an overachievement.

I'm no Mac fan either, BTW. Average at best.
Lol
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-20-2017, 10:33 AM   #10
McDad

Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison
Quote:

Butch 0 in 5.

Winning the East is currently equivalent to a participation trophy.
VN Likes: 8
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-20-2017, 10:35 AM   #11
hohenfelsvol
How uwe doo-in?!?

Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDad View Post
True and couldn't even manage that last year.
VN Likes: 11
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-20-2017, 10:37 AM   #12
PEPPERJAX
Let's Do A Ritual....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohenfelsvol View Post
True and couldn't even manage that last year.
Champions of strife!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-20-2017, 10:46 AM   #13
VolsnRavens

Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison Vols and Gators Comparison
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gators.jpg (59.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg tennfans.jpg (32.5 KB, 19 views)
VN Likes: 14
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-20-2017, 10:47 AM   #14
Doberman

Quote:

Well, I'm ready for one.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-20-2017, 10:48 AM   #15
Titan05

Quote:
If true, then this must be the rest of the East.

VN Likes: 7
Reply With Quote TOP