Info on Jarnell SIAP

Gary Parrish said that all indications point to Jarnell picking Tennessee tomorrow. Also said that Jarnell was at the Ridgeway vs. Briarcrest game wearing a Memphis hat. Not the best info but wanted to throw it out there to you guys.

He's showing his continued support for his town / local teams even though many of them have turned on him. Sounds like a lot of TN fans :eek:lol:

Hope its not like when dj humphries was seen wearing a florida shirt before his decision...that didn't turn out well for us

I know a guy claiming two sports writers he knows are saying Stokes is now headed to Memphis. One of the sports writers is Jason Smith. Same guy conceded two days ago that Stokes was headed to TN, in his opinion.

I've thought we would land Stokes since early last week and all indications recently were that the final answer wouldn't be Memphis. Don't know why this guy changed his opinion. Just curious if anyone had heard anything?

Edit: Not in any way trying to establish e-cred. I know a lot of people in Memphis and I know there are posters here pretty connected in Memphis as well. Stokes would be a big get.

Last edited:
I know a guy claiming two sports writers he knows are saying Stokes is now headed to Memphis. One of the sports writers is Jason Smith. Same guy conceded two days ago that Stokes was headed to TN, in his opinion.

I've thought we would land Stokes since early last week and all indications recently were that the final answer wouldn't be Memphis. Don't know why this guy changed his opinion. Just curious if anyone had heard anything?

Ha. That woul be very fitting given this week.

The hat has no meaning to his decision. He is friends with most of the tigers.

A lot of Memphis fans think that he is gone, and are mad that he was wearing a Tiger hat. I think he is fooling everyone and will pick Memphis.

If Stokes does not choose UT tomorrow night, I have informed my family we are cancelling Christmas in our house....

Reactions: 7 people
He can't play for Memphis this year.

He's going to UT. JMO.

He can't play for Memphis this year.

He's going to UT. JMO.

I THINK it has been said that as long as he paid his way this spring he could play at Memphis. That article saying he couldn't was discredited I believe.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I THINK it has been said that as long as he paid his way this spring he could play at Memphis. That article saying he couldn't was discredited I believe.

I thought that he would be a recruited walk on and couldn't play?

I thought that he would be a recruited walk on and couldn't play?

It did say that but I think it was discredited. A recruited walk-on can't get academic money. I think that was the confusion.

VN Store

Back