3337 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on 2013 F Austin Nichols (Memphis Briarcrest) Page 129. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. Originally Posted by bwings Like I said, the Memphis game was in Greenville, North Carolina. So, no he wouldn't want ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2012, 09:50 AM   #1921 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwings View Post
Like I said, the Memphis game was in Greenville, North Carolina. So, no he wouldn't want to drive there to see that.
Why not? He couldve...or he could've flown, instead he chose to see the V-O-L-S!!!!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-15-2012, 10:20 AM   #1922 (permalink)

Memphis emerges in Austin Nichols derby...

Memphis Emerges in Austin Nichols Derby, Tennessee Still Leads - Busting Brackets - A College Basketball Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion, and More

"Memphis has come on strong and thrown another wrinkle into this…but Tennessee is still the heavy favorite here. Austin may commit as soon as next week after his official [visit to Tennessee].”
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-15-2012, 10:24 AM   #1923 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingTNorange View Post
I'm not sure what you're saying, but my point wasn't where they're going(as I knew where Coleby was going at time of that post) it was what the staff is doing.
Just one less to concentrate on at this point....maybe two if Williams chooses Wva. Not making any point, just saying that Coleby s no longer in the picture but Aki was recruiting him. I think Pastner is recruiting Nichols. Not sure who's on Williams. I don't think Coleby would have affected the Nichols position anyway. I think they would be looking at Williams and Nichols as a 4.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-15-2012, 10:26 AM   #1924 (permalink)

Quote:
Why not? He couldve...or he could've flown, instead he chose to see the V-O-L-S!!!!
Right. Not even many Memphis fans flew to see that one. I wouldn't have gone to Starkville unless I was an MSU fan.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-15-2012, 10:28 AM   #1925 (permalink)

Quote:
Just one less to concentrate on at this point....maybe two if Williams chooses Wva. Not making any point, just saying that Coleby s no longer in the picture but Aki was recruiting him. I think Pastner is recruiting Nichols. Not sure who's on Williams. I don't think Coleby would have affected the Nichols position anyway. I think they would be looking at Williams and Nichols as a 4.
Agree on that, but it's a little late to turn it on is my point. What I was saying is it was telling Memphis staff was still recruiting 3 bigs, Tennessee staff hasn't contacted any and is only pursuing Nichols...that was my point, that they must feel damn good about their chances or theyd atleast be looking at backup plans.

In fact, their back up plan they had in place, they informed him not to visit that they were pulling the offer...he has since committed to Minnesota.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-15-2012, 10:29 AM   #1926 (permalink)

Quote:
Right. Not even many Memphis fans flew to see that one. I wouldn't have gone to Starkville unless I was an MSU fan.
And Nichols isn't a MSU fan, so why'd he go...

Uh-oh...closet Vols fans!!!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-15-2012, 11:06 AM   #1927 (permalink)

Quote:
Agree on that, but it's a little late to turn it on is my point. What I was saying is it was telling Memphis staff was still recruiting 3 bigs, Tennessee staff hasn't contacted any and is only pursuing Nichols...that was my point, that they must feel damn good about their chances or theyd atleast be looking at backup plans.

In fact, their back up plan they had in place, they informed him not to visit that they were pulling the offer...he has since committed to Minnesota.
Oh I understand what you're saying but it's not smart to put all your eggs in one basket. I dont' care how sure you are of signing a player, things can always change. Maybe they won't in this case but surely Martin has a backup plan.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-15-2012, 11:09 AM   #1928 (permalink)

Quote:
And Nichols isn't a MSU fan, so why'd he go...

Uh-oh...closet Vols fans!!!
He knows people there, he's being recruited there and it was the closest decent game around........and his sister was there. Going to the football game is not very telling. I still say he's leaning to UT but I dont' put anything into going to the game.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #1929 (permalink)

Quote:
Oh I understand what you're saying but it's not smart to put all your eggs in one basket. I dont' care how sure you are of signing a player, things can always change. Maybe they won't in this case but surely Martin has a backup plan.
He did it with hubbs and Nichols, hubbs worked out nicely. I agree typically it's not smart, however, maybe Austin has informed CCM of his intentions....

If something happens where Nichols doesn't come here, ccm doesn't have a sure fire back up and will likely monitor some guys and sign someone in spring.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-15-2012, 11:17 AM   #1930 (permalink)

Quote:
He knows people there, he's being recruited there and it was the closest decent game around........and his sister was there. Going to the football game is not very telling. I still say he's leaning to UT but I dont' put anything into going to the game.
I don't put much into it, just busting people's chops...and his sister was there because he was there.

He could've easily attended the Vanderbilt game, they're recruiting him...
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-15-2012, 11:19 AM   #1931 (permalink)

Quote:
He did it with hubbs and Nichols, hubbs worked out nicely. I agree typically it's not smart, however, maybe Austin has informed CCM of his intentions....

If something happens where Nichols doesn't come here, ccm doesn't have a sure fire back up and will likely monitor some guys and sign someone in spring.
Yeah, maybe, but I'm talking anything......injury, etc. Good to have a B/U plan and I'm certain that Martin has something in mind. There's always transfers and JUCO players. I feel certian that's what Memphis will look at if Williams and Nichols fall through.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-15-2012, 11:21 AM   #1932 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't put much into it, just busting people's chops...and his sister was there because he was there.

He could've easily attended the Vanderbilt game, they're recruiting him...
I knew you were. Vanderbilt.......this year that's just a step up from Memphis football..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-15-2012, 11:23 AM   #1933 (permalink)

Quote:
Memphis staff has been actively recruiting bigs Coleby, and Williams in addition to Nichols. Their staff has been really pursuing them and pushing hard for those 2 other guys...

Meanwhile...Tennessee staff has been pursuing ZERO other bigs. Staff hasn't do much as even really watched or scouting any other bigs lately...

Tells me staff for Tennessee still feels real good about Nichols...if I heard they were here or there watching this big, or contacting that post...I'd wonder a bit about their position with Nichols...but the fact the staff hasn't waivered at all says a lot IMO.
Tells me two things:

1) As you have stated in the recent past, "you never stop recruiting". UM will recruit 'til the whistle tips off the 2013 season. As you well know, AN's recruitment is not affected by D. Williams; again, per BTO, "we'll take both".

2) UT has 12 months to correct its mistake should they lose AN. And if Stokes bolts for the NBA, you will need a BIG or two. And you lose one of the reasons you feel AN favors UT - no Stokes buddy/buddy.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-15-2012, 11:49 AM   #1934 (permalink)

BTO,
Can you Email me jhatch13@utk.edu thanks bro.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-15-2012, 12:29 PM   #1935 (permalink)

Quote:
Memphis Emerges in Austin Nichols Derby, Tennessee Still Leads - Busting Brackets - A College Basketball Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion, and More

"Memphis has come on strong and thrown another wrinkle into this…but Tennessee is still the heavy favorite here. Austin may commit as soon as next week after his official [visit to Tennessee].”
Apparently this needed to be merged, my bad.
Reply With Quote TOP