Vols Going with Nike

No, they made the Adidas uniforms for all Adidas schools from 97-01.

Tennessee has never worn a Nike jersey in football or basketball. Nike made replica jerseys for fans in the 90s, but no on-field uniforms.

I never said Tennessee did. I just said Sports Belle made the jerseys. Thanks though. :thumbsup:

I never said Tennessee did. I just said Sports Belle made the jerseys. Thanks though. :thumbsup:

I had a family member that worked at Sports Belle, they were never a contractor for Nike. Nike has used Powers Athletic since they began their team sports program in 1992.

this is awesome from a recruiting standpoint now as a fan that actually buys addidas because they support UT and give the school money and gear im very excited i cant wait to buy some nike shorts and shirts because IT IS BETTER MADE and guess what this will help basketball out tremendously if a kid plays for a nike aau team they normally will only play for the swoosh this is great stop being so damn negative yall
This is an example of a Nike fan? :unsure:

No, they made the Adidas uniforms for all Adidas schools from 97-01.

Tennessee has never worn a Nike jersey in football or basketball. Nike made replica jerseys for fans in the 90s, but no on-field uniforms.
They wore Nike cleats back in the eighties.

Some of y'all actually think adidas' "Made in Pakistan" sweatshops are better quality than Nike "Made in China" ones?

Reactions: 2 people
Some of y'all actually think adidas' "Made in Pakistan" sweatshops are better quality than Nike "Made in China" ones?

I thought they were made in the same country? The only difference is Nike is more overpriced.

My mother's neighbor says that Nick Saban owns 3 Nike pullovers and a pair of Nike running shoes.:banghead2::machgun::crazy::)

I'm with many others, I want to see the numbers and contract before I hate on the switch.
My one problem with most people who are all about Nike is, they only like Nike because its what's cool. And it's only cool because they spend way more time and money marketing, this is directed at a consumer base that can't or will not form there own opinions. Where as, you don't see Adidas marketing much, the quality of there products sells itself. I, most definitely, will stock up on Adidas gear and wear it until Nike shows me they can consistently produce a quality product.

All the ludicrous boycotts of Nike being declared around here only hurts UT. Hart is counting on apparel sales to make this deal more profitable than the Adidas deal. Phil Knight is not going to be butthurt by you guys not buying his products, but the athletic department can't receive 13% royalties off something you never buy. Support Tennessee regardless of company.

Reactions: 4 people
I don't think anyone will "boycott" over an apparel vendor. I just do not want to see some gosh awful dayglo chromium orange cartoonesque version of a UT uniform on the field as you find with that silly Nike/Oregon Halloween costume.

I wish people would shut up about Nike & Oregon. Do you see other nike schools with the flashy uniforms? No, You don't. That's the deal Oregon made with Nike. We have the choice of uniforms. So if anything changes it'll be on the AD not nike.

Reactions: 3 people
I wish people would shut up about Nike & Oregon. Do you see other nike schools with the flashy uniforms? No, You don't. That's the deal Oregon made with Nike. We have the choice of uniforms. So if anything changes it'll be on the AD not nike.

tOSU, UF, VT, UGA just to name a few have worn some extremely hideous garb for Nike.

Reactions: 2 people
tOSU, UF, VT, UGA just to name a few have worn some extremely hideous garb for Nike.

Arkansas Miami Alabama & FSU haven't really changed since being with Nike. Those teams really are irrelevant to the argument anyway. They don't change their Uniforms like Oregon. Like i said, it's usually left up to the AD to select what alternate if any that Nike presents.

Personally, I like the change. Clothing shops carry more Nike gear. Finally be able to grab some UT gear down in the Deep South.

Last edited:

Florida's and Georgia's "crazy" unis have typically been a one-off set for that year. I actually like most of Ohio State's alternates and while VT's had some weird unis (stone helmet), they've actually reverted back a modified version of their 70's and 80's set.

but that weird multi layered uni all those teams wore a few years back was a Nike thing, not a school thing. I haven't seen the contract, but it's not out of the realm that we could be included in such an event. Or, we could be like Texas, Bama and PSU where things don't change. We don't know. Therefore, like many said, I hope we aren't in the group that wears that crazy stuff, even if it's just a once a year thing.

Yes. In Pakistan the children that make the clothes can make one set with their hands and the other with their feet (sewing). That level of skill takes many years of practice and starts at a very young age. They show great attention to detail which is lacking in Chinese made goods. Chinese workers are like robots and have lousy quality control.

We'll use whatever template Nike puts out that year (similar to our Adidas contract where we're wearing whatever template Adidas manufactures that year), but any changes made will come from the AD, not Nike.

We'll use whatever template Nike puts out that year (similar to our Adidas contract where we're wearing whatever template Adidas manufactures that year), but any changes made will come from the AD, not Nike.

so you've seen the contract?

Also, your sentence contradicts itself. We'll use what Nike tells us, but the AD makes the changes not Nike. Hmmmm

Also, your sentence contradicts itself. We'll use what Nike tells us, but the AD makes the changes not Nike. Hmmmm

You're not fully understanding. They'll make alternate uniforms for us to wear. It's up to the AD to select which ones we do. That's simple as I can put it bud.

Deerpark will clarify it.

He knows much more about the contracts than I do.

You're not fully understanding. They'll make alternate uniforms for us to wear. It's up to the AD to select which ones we do. That's simple as I can put it bud.

So again, bud, I ask the question as simply as I can put it, you've seen the contract?

Actually, yes I have.

And no it doesn't contradict. Our Tech-Fit uniforms this year (the one's with the tread marks) were an Adidas template that was made for 2013, so we wore them this year (although I think some schools opted out of the tread version). It'll be much the same with Nike and their templates.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back