Vols Going with Nike

If you don't like Nike, then it shouldn't be a problem. Plenty of other folks out there making Tennessee gear as well.

The importance was in securing a deal treating Tennessee as a tier-one customer. Looks to me like we got that kind of agreement.

Is Sports Belle still in business?

No, they went under shortly after they lost the contract to manufacture all uniforms for Adidas in 2002. Owner tried to burn down the factory for the insurance money. Was never charged, but the insurance company successfully won in court to not have to pay the claim.

How many years have we been with Adidas?

Signed the contract in 1995 and UT began wearing their uniforms and gear in the fall of 1997. Only Nebraska, Miami, Florida State, North Carolina, Penn State and Ohio State have had all-sport partnerships with one company that have lasted longer than ours with Adidas.

No, they went under shortly after they lost the contract to manufacture all uniforms for Adidas in 2002. Owner tried to burn down the factory for the insurance money. Was never charged, but the insurance company successfully won in court to not have to pay the claim.

Signed the contract in 1995 and UT began wearing their uniforms and gear in the fall of 1997. Only Nebraska, Miami, Florida State, North Carolina, Penn State and Ohio State have had all-sport partnerships with one company that have lasted longer than ours with Adidas.

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but prior to '95 what did UT sport? I can't remember anything other than Adidas personally.

I heard from a guy that knows a guy that it has been scientifically proven that 78% of the 5 star talent are adversely affected by 3 lines on their shoes. The 3 lines creates an optical illusion of being slow and thus creates doubt that plays can be made. 83% of 5 star talent prefer a swoosh as it resembles a smile and thus creates confidence in play-making ability.

AJ agrees with this message!:good!:

Almost could be made into a DirecTV commercial.

"If you wear Adidas, you get bored. If you get bored you look down. If you look down you see the 3 lines on your shoes. When you see the 3 lines on your shoes, you get the illusion of being slow. When you get the illusion of being slow, it creates doubt that plays can be made. And when you doubt plays can be made, a speedy running back mows you over and knocks you out for the season. Don't wear Adidas and get knocked out for the season, wear Nike!"
:peace2:

Reactions: 3 people
Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but prior to '95 what did UT sport? I can't remember anything other than Adidas personally.

Sports Belle made uniforms for football, men's basketball and baseball from 1991-1996. Nike had track, Speedo swimming, and Converse had women's basketball.

UT wore Nike shoes (that were purchased, not contractually provided) in football and men's basketball.

Reactions: 2 people
Adjoining news story, China recruits 500 new children for Nike sweat shops, preparing for UT apparel onslaught in 2015.

Reactions: 3 people
We are absolutely a national brand. The Orange Power T is recognized coast to coast in all 50 states. Just because our program hasn't won anything in 7 years doesn't mean our brand is any less known.

Remember where I live when people say Tn isn't national.

I'm with many others, I want to see the numbers and contract before I hate on the switch.
My one problem with most people who are all about Nike is, they only like Nike because its what's cool. And it's only cool because they spend way more time and money marketing, this is directed at a consumer base that can't or will not form there own opinions. Where as, you don't see Adidas marketing much, the quality of there products sells itself. I, most definitely, will stock up on Adidas gear and wear it until Nike shows me they can consistently produce a quality product.

Reactions: 1 person
Sports Belle made uniforms for football, men's basketball and baseball from 1991-1996. Nike had track, Speedo swimming, and Converse had women's basketball.

UT wore Nike shoes (that were purchased, not contractually provided) in football and men's basketball.

Sports Belle even made the Nike jerseys for years, just put a swoosh on them.

Sports Belle even made the Nike jerseys for years, just put a swoosh on them.

No, they made the Adidas uniforms for all Adidas schools from 97-01.

Tennessee has never worn a Nike jersey in football or basketball. Nike made replica jerseys for fans in the 90s, but no on-field uniforms.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back