Vols Going with Nike

Also, here are some more Nike contracts I could find, and how Tennessee compares to those schools.

Tennessee - $35 million/8 years ($4.38 million per year) - $950,000 average cash payout
Alabama - $30 million/8 years ($3.75 million per year) - $750,000 average cash payout
Oregon - $22.7 million/8 years ($2.84 million per year) - $500,000 average cash payout
Ohio State - $46 million/11 years ($4.18 million per year) - $1,299,090 average cash payout
North Carolina - $33.7 million/10 years ($3.37 million per year) - couldn't find a cash payout number.
Florida - ($3.92 million per year est.) - $1,835,000 average cash payout
Georgia - ($2.55 million per year est.) - $600,000 average cash payout

Now they can buyout Martins contract with that cash

Like Ainge said the only real difference Nike brings to the table is the footballs are much better than the ones we have used and the cleats are more comfortable....And thats it

As long as the shoes come with laces

I see Nike shoes all the time on kids but have no laces

Always wondered if they had to be purchased separately along with belts

Reactions: 3 people
Initially, I feared we were going begging to Nike for a contract treating Tennessee like second-class citizens merely for the sake of scoring comparatively minor points with recruits. Butch could sell Tennessee even if we were wearing products from the dregs of Project Runway. The man who believes in what he is selling doesn't need cool threads to make a quality pitch.

But this deal looks strong for Tennessee. I don't mind having the great gear for our athletes as long as the deal providing it strengthens Tennessee from both a branding and a budgetary perspective.

Merely having the Nike products wasn't enough. Being treated like a respected, top-of-the-line member of the Nike family was equally important. Mr. Hart achieved great success on both fronts.

Not saying we are second tier, I just don't think we are a national brand.

We are absolutely a national brand. The Orange Power T is recognized coast to coast in all 50 states. Just because our program hasn't won anything in 7 years doesn't mean our brand is any less known.

We are absolutely a national brand. The Orange Power T is recognized coast to coast in all 50 states. Just because our program hasn't won anything in 7 years doesn't mean our brand is any less known.

My experience has been that if you wear a hat with the power T on it anywhere out west, people will generally assume it's Texas. If you wear it up north, only about half the people you meet with think it's Texas. They've stepped on our logos repeatedly.

Yes. That'll prove UT is a brand that deserves to be considered tops in the NCAA-- having a fanbase that won't buy their product.

Not trying to prove anything to UT or Nike. I just don't buy Nike. Never have. Good luck to the UT bank roll, though.

this is awesome from a recruiting standpoint now as a fan that actually buys addidas because they support UT and give the school money and gear im very excited i cant wait to buy some nike shorts and shirts because IT IS BETTER MADE and guess what this will help basketball out tremendously if a kid plays for a nike aau team they normally will only play for the swoosh this is great stop being so damn negative yall

My experience has been that if you wear a hat with the power T on it anywhere out west, people will generally assume it's Texas. If you wear it up north, only about half the people you meet with think it's Texas. They've stepped on our logos repeatedly.

Yep. It's so aggravating that I now only purchase gear that has "Tennessee" on it. I want it to be clear that I am a VOL!

VN Store

Back