Aja Wilson Visit.

The only thing I heard was that she thought the refs did a bad job. Other than that, it was just the usual political I enjoyed the visit comments.

It would be nice if she chose Tennessee. She backed up Bashaara Graves at the World Juniors; I saw the damage she can do. Mercedes will have a year under her belt. I live in Georgia, and would buy my ticket early to see them come play GA Tech next season. Then if they add Asia Durr and Caliya Robinson in the next class that would be awesome. I have only seen Jannah Tucker on video; she looks similar to Nikki McCray to me. If she defends the same that would be one tough lineup. Caliya Robinson reminds me of Delisha Milton. 6'3", serious wingspan, and handles the ball like a guard. She, Aja, Tea Cooper all played at a tournament here at Westlake. I love me some Lady Vols. I like LSU, Maryland, and Rutgers too, but Lady Vols #1.

Reactions: 2 people
Glad to have you "big Picture" Its always fun to speculate and to have high expectations. Nikki McCray was a player who evolved from being faster than most and more athletic than most others in her era into a full-player. I would say she improved as much as any LV in her four years.

Lets enjoy this year's team will accomplish as we wonder what the years to come will bring

It would be nice if she chose Tennessee. She backed up Bashaara Graves at the World Juniors; I saw the damage she can do. Mercedes will have a year under her belt. I live in Georgia, and would buy my ticket early to see them come play GA Tech next season. Then if they add Asia Durr and Caliya Robinson in the next class that would be awesome. I have only seen Jannah Tucker on video; she looks similar to Nikki McCray to me. If she defends the same that would be one tough lineup. Caliya Robinson reminds me of Delisha Milton. 6'3", serious wingspan, and handles the ball like a guard. She, Aja, Tea Cooper all played at a tournament here at Westlake. I love me some Lady Vols. I like LSU, Maryland, and Rutgers too, but Lady Vols #1.

:hi: Welcome aboard the Big Orange Train. I see that you just joined us here on VolNation. That's a good second post you made there so be sure to post more often. We'll be seeing you on down the road. GBO.

Nice comparisons. Really gives me an idea of how some of these girls are on the court.

Glad to have you "big Picture" Its always fun to speculate and to have high expectations. Nikki McCray was a player who evolved from being faster than most and more athletic than most others in her era into a full-player. I would say she improved as much as any LV in her four years.

Lets enjoy this year's team will accomplish as we wonder what the years to come will bring

She's one of my fav players of all time. I didn't get the oppurtunity to see her play under the LVs though.

She's all gamecock. Just a matter of time.

That might be true but one wonders why if she is so solid for them why she didn't sign with them in the early signing period. Recruiting could have been over and done. Since she is from that area that seems very logical.

It also seems logical that she did not sign because she might have a lot of interest in other schools and wanted to sign in the fall so she wouldn't have to hear all the crying fans when she goes somewhere else. :salute:

Reactions: 1 person
UConn worries me I would rather her sign with South Carolina than that team. Geno starts that everybody is gay talk on SC and Tennessee then things happen. Hopefully if it comes down to them and SC then SC wins.

kinda of makes you wonder about him :) wasn't that what pissed off CPS ?

Yes part of it also plus possible extra benefits. I'll be worried until she signs with somebody else. I really would like it to be us but I will cheer when she signs with anybody but him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Yes part of it also plus possible extra benefits. I'll be worried to she signs with somebody else. I really would like it to be us but I will cheer when she signs with anybody but him.

Yup I'm completely feel the same way you do as well.

I don't expect that a school will risk buying a parent a house and allowing the parent to sell merchandise on the school's official site again. (no matter how good the recruit)

Whereever she goes she will bring some of everything. I can see her lobbing that ball to Mercedes (outstanding passer, Mercedes better be watching those old tapes of Kara Wolters on offense), and if Alexa, J. Nared, and Tucker come in hitting those outside shots there will be some happy Tennessee fans. Hopefully everyone can hit free throws. I don't think her being from South Carolina gives them an edge. Tennessee has gotten players from California, New York (my favorite Lady Vol of all time, Holdsclaw), Illinois, Texas, Georgia (top players from Georgia are always going out of state), South Carolina, Ely was from Indiana, Gwen Jackson Alabama. Five of those women whose jerseys have been retired are from other states. South Carolina got Jatarie White (North Carolina), Cuevas (New York). You cannot have it both ways, and I am sure while the fans would be disappointed, they will understand. They will have no choice. (lol) When she narrowed her choices to four, could have narrowed to five, she gave thanks to the schools who pursued her, and wished them well. That is all you have to do. Very mature, and classy. Her father being an ex basketball play helps tremendously I am sure. Hopefully it will be the reverse of Jatarie White, with Tennessee coming out on top of South Carolina. My stomach will hit the floor if she chooses UConn (I am sure they would love to have her at the five), but I will have no choice but to pick it up, and keep on trucking. We will see; I am thinking Tennessee. No other school has Tennessee history, or fans. Aja knows that.

Reactions: 3 people
UConn worries me I would rather her sign with South Carolina than that team. Geno starts that everybody is gay talk on SC and Tennessee then things happen. .Originally Posted by governmentmule
kinda of makes you wonder about him wasn't that what pissed off CPS ?
Volfan2012: Yes part of it also plus possible extra benefits.
Why embarrass yourself by passing along these ridiculous untruths about Geno? Also, Pat never made public the reasons for cancelling the series with uconn, so unless you have some kind of proof other than what you've read on the Summitt, you're not helping the Lady Vol reputation by making these charges. After years of repeating these rumors that started in Vol land, it has done nothing but damage Tennessee and Pat Summitt's reputation.

Geno's stature is in the legend category. You'd be better served to keep the discussion on basketball topics. You must realize by now that the smear campaign hasn't worked.

VN Store

Back