'14 TN WR Josh Malone (UT commit 12/4/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think its a toss up between UGA and UT still. He has seen UGA play 3x this season alone: @Ole Miss @UT and @UGA. I don't think thats necessarily a coincidence. Regardless, Josh has handled his recruitment superbly and his decision should be respected.

I could see UGA being a serious threat if Murray were still the QB but he is gone and they have an unproven back up. The only team that scares me is FSU. Winston is a stud and he is young.

Really think this kid ends up a Vol. He's very good friends with Barnett and Gaulden. Distance is a factor (check). PT is a factor (check). Playing in a WR-friendly offense is a factor (check). Having a good young QB is a factor (check).

Kind of a nice break that Dobbs was his host a few weeks ago too.

Btw, Clemson still worries me a little. He is already good friends with Watson and that concerns me with the way they use WR's. Actually would fit everything he is looking for except Dabo is a Ric Flair wannabe. Whoooo!

UGA thinks it's a UGA/UT battle with Clemson a threat but running a clear 3rd. Not worried about FSU due to distance.

Georgia or Tennessee. Only other school he talks about now is bama. I don't think they are a threat though. To late in. Josh is to methodical to add them into the equation.

I still think UGA in the end. It seems like everyone close to him thinks he's a lock to end up there. I always got the feeling the parents had bought into all the Mark Richt BS and are totally on board. It just seems too good to be true to have Tennessee land basically all of the elite in-state guys in the same class and arguably 8 or 9 of the Top 10 guys in-state in one class.

Tennessee definitely has some things going for them though. I mean early PT and starting as a true freshman is a guaranteed lock where he'd probably wait at least 2 years to see the field consistently at UGA. Plus, now you have to think the QB situation at Tennessee shows more long-term promise than it did prior to Dobbs playing. It's not like Dobbs went out there and just sucked. He has played better than the other QB's this year IMO. And with UGA you just dont know what you'll get at that position with Murray leaving. They have guys who were highly rated out of HS but with none of them ever playing it is still an unknown.

It sucks to agree with you on this, but I just have the feeling he ends up at UGA as well.

Well...yeah. Why that date though? Birthday? Grandmother's birthday? My point being that if he is already a Vol and 12/4 isn't a particularly special day, just announce and grab your spot.
not sure why the 4th, but hes an EE, so it would be in December at the latest regardless

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back