'14 TN WR Josh Malone (UT commit 12/4/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it did. It's only about 15 or so posts up if I recall right. It said Malone eliminates FSU, because of distance. I was happy reading it, now I bet it was a troll, or someone severely misinformed.

FSU probably told her they had a couple of supporters that lived in the Nashville area that flies down for every home game and she could catch a ride with one of them.
:) j/k

I don't think it did. It's only about 15 or so posts up if I recall right. It said Malone eliminates FSU, because of distance. I was happy reading it, now I bet it was a troll, or someone severely misinformed.

The quotes sounded like a polite kid answering questions fully acknowledging that distance is a huge factor.

FSU is out IMO after reading those quotes

From an associate close to Malone: He may move his commit date to Dec 2nd. FSU just became a factor here. He likes the offense and the direction of the program. UT leads by a small margin. Wants to be certain.

Reactions: 1 person
Quote:
"I know that with the distance thing the coaches were working on her for most of the trip," Malone said. "Because they knew that's one of the things she didn't like. But she told me if I were there it would be fine as long as I was happy and stuff. We haven't talked about it too much but I feel like with the coaches talking to her and stuff that she got more comfortable with the idea."

The distance factor is one of the issues that I understand is big with his mom. She may get more comfortable with it but I still believe that this is huge in Tennessee's favor. I also hope that Dobbs has some good performances in the next few games to show Malone that he will be used here. We really need Malone to help this team and to help take the state in recruiting.

Ya'll are funny. When the distance thing and its affect on the Mom are in our favor, you think it should be a major consideration. When the distance thing and its affect on Mom are against us, you say that the kid ought to go where he feels comfortable, irrespective of the distance and its affect on the Mom.

Ya'll are funny. When the distance thing and its affect on the Mom are in our favor, you think it should be a major consideration. When the distance thing and its affect on Mom are against us, you say that the kid ought to go where he feels comfortable, irrespective of the distance and its affect on the Mom.

The kid probably doesn't feel comfortable if his mom doesn't feel comfortable.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't believe I've ever guaranteed where a commit would land, but I still believe Malone lands in Athens.

I was lucky enough to attend the Army uniform presentation a couple weeks back, everything I hear is UGA.

I don't believe I've ever guaranteed where a commit would land, but I still believe Malone lands in Athens.

I was lucky enough to attend the Army uniform presentation a couple weeks back, everything I hear is UGA.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he picked any of UT, uga, ua, or fsu.

Really think this kid ends up a Vol. He's very good friends with Barnett and Gaulden. Distance is a factor (check). PT is a factor (check). Playing in a WR-friendly offense is a factor (check). Having a good young QB is a factor (check).

Reactions: 4 people
Really think this kid ends up a Vol. He's very good friends with Barnett and Gaulden. Distance is a factor (check). PT is a factor (check). Playing in a WR-friendly offense is a factor (check). Having a good young QB is a factor (check).

I posted the same thing the other day. Why don't more people see it this way? I mean, he's seen that Dobbs is more than capable and learning fast, and Murray is gone after this year. Couple that with this being his HOME state, him having quite a few friends in this class that are recruiting him, and the chance to be a part of something special.. resurrecting one of the greatest programs in college football history. I just don't see how anyone can compete with that.

(yes and Winston is also gone after next year/FSU=too far)

Malone will be a VOL IMO.

Reactions: 3 people
Agreed. People are still beaten up from the DD days. While Butch won't win every battle, nor every in-state battle, he will win FAR more than he loses.

Close to home. Check.
Young QB to get him the ball. Check.
Great program. Check.
APR improvement. Check.
Playing time available. Check.

I've been calling him a Vol since the summer, and I'm hoping my guess is right.

Agreed. People are still beaten up from the DD days. While Butch won't win every battle, nor every in-state battle, he will win FAR more than he loses.

Close to home. Check.
Great program. Check.
APR improvement. Check.

Not sure why anyone would feel that way after what Butch and Co have been doing on the recruiting side of things.

Malone has kept it very tight, and I think it's great to see. So the only thing you can really depend on is chatter.

Reactions: 2 people
After all the crap we have gone through with kiffin and dooley I feel like someone should make Coach Jones a nice plaque or present him with a medal.

After all the crap we have gone through with kiffin and dooley I feel like someone should make Coach Jones a nice plaque or present him with a medal.

If we make a bowl game, he'll probably get a nice bonus. Maybe even a contract extension.

I honestly think its a toss up between UGA and UT still. He has seen UGA play 3x this season alone: @Ole Miss @UT and @UGA. I don't think thats necessarily a coincidence. Regardless, Josh has handled his recruitment superbly and his decision should be respected.

I still think UGA in the end. It seems like everyone close to him thinks he's a lock to end up there. I always got the feeling the parents had bought into all the Mark Richt BS and are totally on board. It just seems too good to be true to have Tennessee land basically all of the elite in-state guys in the same class and arguably 8 or 9 of the Top 10 guys in-state in one class.

Tennessee definitely has some things going for them though. I mean early PT and starting as a true freshman is a guaranteed lock where he'd probably wait at least 2 years to see the field consistently at UGA. Plus, now you have to think the QB situation at Tennessee shows more long-term promise than it did prior to Dobbs playing. It's not like Dobbs went out there and just sucked. He has played better than the other QB's this year IMO. And with UGA you just dont know what you'll get at that position with Murray leaving. They have guys who were highly rated out of HS but with none of them ever playing it is still an unknown.

I still think UGA in the end. It seems like everyone close to him thinks he's a lock to end up there. I always got the feeling the parents had bought into all the Mark Richt BS and are totally on board. It just seems too good to be true to have Tennessee land basically all of the elite in-state guys in the same class and arguably 8 or 9 of the Top 10 guys in-state in one class.

Tennessee definitely has some things going for them though. I mean early PT and starting as a true freshman is a guaranteed lock where he'd probably wait at least 2 years to see the field consistently at UGA. Plus, now you have to think the QB situation at Tennessee shows more long-term promise than it did prior to Dobbs playing. It's not like Dobbs went out there and just sucked. He has played better than the other QB's this year IMO. And with UGA you just dont know what you'll get at that position with Murray leaving. They have guys who were highly rated out of HS but with none of them ever playing it is still an unknown.

I can only grasp at straws...and here is what I am going to go with. The last 3 home games, the best recruiting seat, row one in the corner next to the tunnel has been occupied by Barnett(South Alabama game), Malone(Georgia game) and Pearson(South Carolina game). Two committed, Malone is a Vol lock...lol. Im sticking with this until the person in this seat goes somewhere else. However, I will not feel so confident if Adoree Jackson is sitting there Saturday...lol

Didn't we think Patterson was a Dawg? That was a pretty surprising commit, IIRC.

The Malone sweepstakes will be over soon, thankfully. I couldn't deal with this till NSD, haha.

#ButchPlease

Didn't we think Patterson was a Dawg? That was a pretty surprising commit, IIRC.

The Malone sweepstakes will be over soon, thankfully. I couldn't deal with this till NSD, haha.
Patterson wasn't extremely surprising, but UGA created a lot of momentum towards the end.

Close to home. Check.
Great program. Check.
APR improvement. Check.

weird how both yall usd the "check" idea. pretty crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back