Worley done? (Rumor)

To bad for him. I was totally looking forward to him being a solid QB for UT. Hope he heels well (if true) and he can get back to it.

I was wondering though what was it about the coaching that couldn't get him to do better?? Was it the change to a new scheme and coaching only? Or was it the solely coaching that couldn't get him prepared?? The kid is a solid talent so trying to understand, other than not fitting CBJ's system, could be why he wasn't doing well. Is there no way in 10 months to get the kids arm to be stronger, etc? Peterman was highly recruited by CBJ and though we saw a small glimpse of him he didn't seem to be prepared much either. A whole spring without drama or anything and neither QB, with solid talent, was prepared to do well. We cant go on natural talent that Dobbs and Fergeson may have all the time. Ie Manziel at a&m, and FL St is benefiting from that for the next 2 yrs after this as long as he doesn't get hurt.

Players get hurt so #2 needs to be able to come in ASAP and not skip a beat. Mizzou somewhat has that going on right now.

My concern now with Dobbs is that Mizzou has tape on him. No preparing him under the radar like J Phillips did vs us in '11 and the way Sumlin was able to vs Florida last year with Manziel. Though they lost that sure helped keep the game close when u have no tape on a guy like that.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

What?

Man I feel really bad for Worley. The young man has gave it 110% everytime he has been in the gm. I hope he has a speedy recovery and comes back and compete for the qb position. GO VOLS!

The following is from a poster on VQ. TIFWIW. Siap.

"Worley Done For Season

Don't shoot the messenger. I've never claimed to be an insider or any of that.

His girlfriend is in my best friends supply chain class group and told him that Justin tore the ligaments on his thumb and will be in a hard cast for 4 weeks after his surgery in Atlanta tonight or tomorrow."

P.S. I'm not associated with the above info. I'm simply passing along info that was posted.

Why would the surgery be in Atlanta? I think the story is mostly wrong. Hope so.

Jones quote:
He said Dobbs' provides some ability to run that Worley does not, and Jones' believes he has a photographic memory, so he doesn't feel that they would have to scale back the playbook if he was the signal caller on Saturday.

I think Dobbs learned his HS playbook in one evening.
With months to digest the present one, I wouldn't worry.
Nickname might be 'The Brain'. Kid's a whiz mentally.

if i'm remembering right, dobbs got here early in the summer and already learned the playbook before fall practice had even started.

Because I'm not that familiar with the roster and all, but...

We have a few other names on there that I'm unfamiliar with. Scout team perhaps, not sure. But Patrick Ashford and Tyler Page are both listed on the current roster as being QB position.

Are those two guys playing or how does that work? Could either of them be used in order to keep at least keeping Ferguson's red shirt from being burned?

Nice info, GV. It appears Tyler Page had a pretty stellar career as a HS QB, but then again, so did JW. I wonder if he would ever make an appearance or if they would just snap it directly to Wild Pig.

The insider is right.I talked to a family member of Worley today while I was working and that is what they told me.Just passing it a long.

Last edited:
There is probably a Doctor in Atl that specializes in this type of surgery.

Have you ever heard of Dr James Andrews?? He is the "go to Guy" for ACL surgery. Doesn't matter where you live, If you can afford his services & get to his office, you will be in good hands. He is the BEST.

Reactions: 1 person
if i'm remembering right, dobbs got here early in the summer and already learned the playbook before fall practice had even started.
Think you're exactly correct. In fact that was the clip I was looking for when I stumbled onto this one.

The following is from a poster on VQ. TIFWIW. Siap.

"Worley Done For Season

Don't shoot the messenger. I've never claimed to be an insider or any of that.

His girlfriend is in my best friends supply chain class group and told him that Justin tore the ligaments on his thumb and will be in a hard cast for 4 weeks after his surgery in Atlanta tonight or tomorrow."

P.S. I'm not associated with the above info. I'm simply passing along info that was posted.
I call BS aI played QB for 4 years, I have hit helmets a few times, it's your thumb knuckle that hits, it is a VERY BAD bruise. I learned to get out of a collapsing pocket..:salute:

VN Store

Back