Worley done? (Rumor)

Generally speaking, orthopedics are handled in Knoxville. Odd that he would be going to Atlanta for that. I'm not saying the OP is wrong...I'm just saying it is out of the ordinary.

The following is from a poster on VQ. TIFWIW. Siap.

"Worley Done For Season

Don't shoot the messenger. I've never claimed to be an insider or any of that.

His girlfriend is in my best friends supply chain class group and told him that Justin tore the ligaments on his thumb and will be in a hard cast for 4 weeks after his surgery in Atlanta tonight or tomorrow."

"from a poster on VQ"

NEXT!

PS Where is Gruden? I heard he was willing to volunteer as a QB coach to help Dobbs out. He is going to quit MNF to do so.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I really hope it's not true, and I feel horrible for him if it is. The guy has shown poise, leadership, and is a class act.

Generally speaking, orthopedics are handled in Knoxville. Odd that he would be going to Atlanta for that. I'm not saying the OP is wrong...I'm just saying it is out of the ordinary.

Again, I'm just passing along info. I'm not the person who posted that on VQ.

My concern now is Dobbs may be the only healthy QB on the roster. If he goes down, do we insert an injured Ferguson or Peterman? Too bad for Worley. He was improving in every game and got a win vs. SC with an injured hand. He can make the throws and he showed he had some wheels when he had to run. Consistency and poor WR play has been his problem, but both were improving. Let's just hope Dobbs stays healthy and can finish the season.

Kind of pathetic someone liked that. I mean like Worley or not it's still a dude's career and he won us the USCe game. I was a vocal critic at one point but pre-injury he had elevated his game.

I wonder if the like was for providing the info? Surely no one on here would like that ANY Vol was hurt.:good!:

Im afraid this could be bad news. May severly limit our offense if the freshman don't know the play book or can't work through thier progressions.

Our offense has been limited all year. I do hate that for Worely if true. Our offense would be a little harder to prepare for, any defensive Coach can see how limited we have been. Either way we will be fine.

Not all Orthos do hand and their are some hand surgeons better at certain types of surgery on the hand. KOC does have plenty of ortho and a few that do some hand

Edit: not saying OP is true or not

My concern now is Dobbs may be the only healthy QB on the roster. If he goes down, do we insert an injured Ferguson or Peterman? Too bad for Worley. He was improving in every game and got a win vs. SC with an injured hand. He can make the throws and he showed he had some wheels when he had to run. Consistency and poor WR play has been his problem, but both were improving. Let's just hope Dobbs stays healthy and can finish the season.

Riley is supposed to be fine, just cant see Peterman being in game shape even if he is hesled. Should be an interesting week.

"from a poster on VQ"

NEXT!

PS Where is Gruden? I heard he was willing to volunteer as a QB coach to help Dobbs out. He is going to quit MNC to do so.

I'm not saying the info I'm passing along is true, but not everything that's posted on VQ is false.

I think rather his injury is that bad or not his career at Tennessee is over. JMO

Hate it for him if true. I would like to see him play somewhere else and succeed if he wished to do so.

Im afraid this could be bad news. May severly limit our offense if the freshman don't know the play book or can't work through thier progressions.
Jones quote:
He said Dobbs' provides some ability to run that Worley does not, and Jones' believes he has a photographic memory, so he doesn't feel that they would have to scale back the playbook if he was the signal caller on Saturday.

I think Dobbs learned his HS playbook in one evening.
With months to digest the present one, I wouldn't worry.
Nickname might be 'The Brain'. Kid's a whiz mentally.

Not all Orthos do hand and their are some hand surgeons better at certain types of surgery on the hand. KOC does have plenty of ortho and a few that do some hand

Edit: not saying OP is true or not

Of course this could be an injury requiring someone specific, but KOC has some excellent orthopedists that do hands and they are extremely accommodating for football players.

I'm just passing along info that was posted on the recruiting forum.

I know, and not beating on you--you even made sure to put the fact it was a rumor in the title. I have an issue with the first person on VQ who started the rumor without first hand knowledge.

Jones quote:
He said Dobbs' provides some ability to run that Worley does not, and Jones' believes he has a photographic memory, so he doesn't feel that they would have to scale back the playbook if he was the signal caller on Saturday.

I think Dobbs learned his HS playbook in one evening.
With months to digest the present one, I wouldn't worry.
Nickname might be 'The Brain'. Kid's a whiz mentally.

This. The playbook will not be dumbed down for Dobbs. He has just as good an understanding of this offense and provides more of a running threat. I expect to see the read option emphasized much more if Dobbs leads us into Columbia.

Because I'm not that familiar with the roster and all, but...

We have a few other names on there that I'm unfamiliar with. Scout team perhaps, not sure. But Patrick Ashford and Tyler Page are both listed on the current roster as being QB position.

Are those two guys playing or how does that work? Could either of them be used in order to keep at least keeping Ferguson's red shirt from being burned?

The following is from a poster on VQ. TIFWIW. Siap.

"Worley Done For Season

Don't shoot the messenger. I've never claimed to be an insider or any of that.

His girlfriend is in my best friends supply chain class group and told him that Justin tore the ligaments on his thumb and will be in a hard cast for 4 weeks after his surgery in Atlanta tonight or tomorrow."

P.S. I'm not associated with the above info. I'm simply passing along info that was posted.

This 4 q.b. situation that some were concerned with earlier in the season, seems to be working itself out, just fine.

Dobbs gets us a win on the road this weekend and he will remain as the starter. Peterman will back him up. Fergy will red-shirt.

Very, very few of us thought that Worley would make it through the entire season as the starter, either due to poor performance or due to injury.

VN Store

Back