Recruiting Forum: Football Talk VIII

I just visited one of those game simulation websites.

They simulated UT/bama 101 times, and TN comes out on top almost 25% of the time. I don't know about you, but I can live with those odds as an unranked team, playing #1.

For the first time in years, I think this team thinks they are capable of winning this game. Let the debate!

Reactions: 1 person
3 straight years we have played Bama after losing the previous week. Each time they have beaten us by 31 points.

Not today Butches. No longer is incompetence at the helm of our university. In my best Bruce Buffer impersonation, "Iiiiiitttttt''''sssss Tiiiiiimmmmmmeeee!"

"Ain't worried bout nothin'"

They simulated UT/bama 101 times, and TN comes out on top almost 25% of the time. I don't know about you, but I can live with those odds as an unranked team, playing #1.

For the first time in years, I think this team thinks they are capable of winning this game. Let the debate!

No doubt. I will take those chances

What a great day to be alive and well!!

I know many of you have worked yourself into expecting a win today. PLEASE don't take this game for more than it is. The state of our program 3yrs from now won't be changed by today win or lose. Getting last weeks win took care of the program changing game we desperately needed.

I know I am going to Enjoy today a hell of a lot more with this monkey off our back. If today doesn't go well then PLEASE don't get on here and act as if we aren't A run away train Rising To The Top because that's exactly what we are watching!

GBO!!!

One of your best. Fully agree.

I know many of you have worked yourself into expecting a win today. PLEASE don't take this game for more than it is. The state of our program 3yrs from now won't be changed by today win or lose. Getting last weeks win took care of the program changing game we desperately needed.

I know I am going to Enjoy today a hell of a lot more with this monkey off our back. If today doesn't go well then PLEASE don't get on here and act as if we aren't A run away train Rising To The Top because that's exactly what we are watching!

GBO!!!

Great post, I agree! I know team 117 won't quit regardless of the outcome. It's been a fun season..

Dreamed last night we beat Bama by a score of 42-20. I remember even in the dream having to ask my father the following day if we really won. I don't know about that score in particular, but this is the second time I've dreamed we'd win this week. In the first one, the Berry brothers committed to UT at halftime, and all the Gumpers were pissed as hell. Still beat 'em!

Ok couple questions for you guys.

1.Worley- over/under 200 yards passing?
2.Neal- over/under 85 yards rushing?
3.Palardy- over/under 6 punts?
4.Howard/North- over/under 6 catches for 75 yards.

5.UT Defense- over/under 2 forced fumbles?

Ok couple questions for you guys.

1.Worley- over/under 200 yards passing?
2.Neal- over/under 85 yards rushing?
3.Palardy- over/under 6 punts?
4.Howard/North- over/under 6 catches for 75 yards.

5.UT Defense- over/under 2 forced fumbles?
1. Over
2. Over
3. Over
4. Under
5. Under

GBO!!!

Ok, who are you and what have done with Bruin? :)

While I agree with 99% of this post, I have to take issue with your sentiment that a win today wouldn't change the program, even three years from now...

A win over an opponent that is a four touchdown favorite is already very significant but, a win over the two-time defending National Champion, which also happens to be your biggest rival...will, IMO, legitimize CBJ as one of the top coaches in the nation on a national scale and (again, IMO) spell the beginning of the end of Saban's reign over UT and, possibly, the SEC.

A win today goes down in history as one of the best wins ever for this program.

A win today garners the attention a ELITE recruits like Adoree, Garrett, and others who are considering UT.

A win today straps a rocket to future classes and their respective rankings.

A win today....would make me go screaming through my neighborhood like a 12 year old girl.

Seriously...I'll scream so high pitched that I'll rival pre-pubescent Beliebers...:)

Reactions: 2 people
Ok, who are you and what have done with Bruin? :)

While I agree with 99% of this post, I have to take issue with your sentiment that a win today wouldn't change the program, even three years from now...

A win over an opponent that is a four touchdown favorite is already very significant but, a win over the two-time defending National Champion, which also happens to be your biggest rival...will, IMO, legitimize CBJ as one of the top coaches in the nation on a national scale and (again, IMO) spell the beginning of the end of Saban's reign over UT and, possibly, the SEC.

A win today goes down in history as one of the best wins ever for this program.

A win today garners the attention a ELITE recruits like Adoree, Garrett, and others who are considering UT.

A win today straps a rocket to future classes and their respective rankings.

A win today....would make me go screaming through my neighborhood like a 12 year old girl.

Seriously...I'll scream so high pitched that I'll rival pre-pubescent Beliebers...:)

I really don't think a win today changes anything down the road and that's a huge testament to where the program is heading. As long as we reach a bowl there is no stopping us IMO regardless of today

A bowl game is the next big step IMO

Dreamed last night we beat Bama by a score of 42-20. I remember even in the dream having to ask my father the following day if we really won. I don't know about that score in particular, but this is the second time I've dreamed we'd win this week. In the first one, the Berry brothers committed to UT at halftime, and all the Gumpers were pissed as hell. Still beat 'em!

Should change your name to volproph if you get what I mean

Reactions: 2 people

GBO!!!

I agree that people shouldn't get outraged and pessimistic if we don't beat bama (Unfortunately, the FF will still have idiots whining and trashing the team if we lose). I think little if any fans expect us to beat bama. A lot of people are hopeful, and some like me think we can keep it close and maybe upset them.

Heard the guy from Prediction Machine on 104.5 yesterday and he said out of 50,000 simulations UT wins about 15% of the time. That equates to about 1 win out of every 7 times we play ua.

Today is the day!

BUCK FAMA!

Beat the Updykes!

GBFO!

I really don't think a win today changes anything down the road and that's a huge testament to where the program is heading. As long as we reach a bowl there is no stopping us IMO regardless of today

A bowl game is the next big step IMO

Disagree, it would be a Program Changing Win. (period)

Guys, our next three games will likely be against top-10 teams. As my high school football coach used to say, "Time to strap your jocks on!" Gonna be nice adding more top-10 wins to the resume.

VN Store

Back