To Protect and to Serve...

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you like my MRAP. Several mid-state depts got one also. Free of charge btw. Ours is in the process of being painted black. I'm trying to talk the chief into putting shark teeth on the front. The first thing we did was drive through the projects. May I suggest if this awesome beast pulls in front of your house, just lay down and quietly surrender.

maxxpro_mrap.jpg

How do you like my MRAP. Several mid-state depts got one also. Free of charge btw. Ours is in the process of being painted black. I'm trying to talk the chief into putting shark teeth on the front. The first thing we did was drive through the projects. May I suggest if this awesome beast pulls in front of your house, just lay down and quietly surrender.

View attachment 66650

I now know which department you work for.

What on earth do you guys need one for anyway.

Free of charge btw.

there's no such thing and that's absolutely ridiculous for police to have. The militarization of police depts is out of control in this country. There's no threat that would require that

there's no such thing and that's absolutely ridiculous for police to have. The militarization of police depts is out of control in this country. There's no threat that would require that

What experience in law enforcement do you have to make such comments?

please point to any recent confrontation that would require the use of a vehicle like this. Is there really an IED threat in the US?

LOL, please. Answering a question with questions. Nice work.

How you point me to the place where I took a side either way? Was just curious what led you to your comments. Do you have experience in law enforcement or not?

Last edited:

View attachment 66650

Oh good! More toys for tyrants. Glad to see tax dollars spent on a new age law enforcement that looks to do battle with "bad people" rather than protect the liberty of all people. Good to know.

Reactions: 1 person
Can you tell me a scenario in which a police force WOULD need a vehicle like that?

Why does my opinion of worthy scenario matter? I have zero law enforcement experience. There's literally MILLIONS of things used in overall government everyday that probably aren't needed.

LOL, please. Answering a question with a questions. Nice work.

How you point me to the place where I took a side either way? Was just curious what led you to your comments. Do you have experience in law enforcement or not?

why is law enforcement exp required to know the police in this country aren't encountering IED's on a daily basis? They don't need gun ports to shoot out of while rolling down the street. If you have stories where this is a concern then by all means share them. If all you have is the useless "well you should apply to be the head coach since you know so much" argument then you look pretty ridiculous

Reactions: 1 person
why is law enforcement exp required to know the police in this country aren't encountering IED's on a daily basis? They don't need gun ports to shoot out of while rolling down the street. If you have stories where this is a concern then by all means share them. If all you have is the useless "well you should apply to be the head coach since you know so much" argument then you look pretty ridiculous

Law enforcement for years has used huge black tank looking vehicles without an IED threat right? Do those bother you like this new, modern one does?

Why does my opinion of worthy scenario matter? I have zero law enforcement experience. There's literally MILLIONS of things used in overall government everyday that probably aren't needed.

Then why question my or PJs opinion of why they don't need such equipment?

Cincinnati PD surely has never encountered an IED in the city.

CincinnatiPolice3.jpg

Law enforcement for years has used huge black tank looking vehicles without an IED threat right? Do those bother you like this new, modern one does?

a bit but these are actual military vehicles designed for the battlefield. The threats are not even comparable

do you think a local cop needs the same access to weapons as a Marine on patrols in Afg does?

Cincinnati PD surely has never encountered an IED in the city.

not even close to the same thing

Yes, there may have been a scenario where they were needed in some places but how many times?

In Sumner County TN there hasn't been one that I can think of over the last 20 years.

Probably doesn't need a bazooka, no. However, I have no problem with them having a high powered automatic rifle. Bothers me none.

so they do need a vehicle specifically designed against IEDs?

I would think something like that would at least make the news

MRAP = Mine-Resistant Ambush Protected

is it necessary for local law enforcement or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back