Vols 2014 Football Schedule

Vols Announce 2014 Football Schedule - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

UT
2014 Tennessee Football Schedule

Aug. 30 Utah State Knoxville
Sept. 6 Arkansas State Knoxville
Sept. 13 at Oklahoma Norman, Okla.
Sept. 20 OPEN
Sept. 27 at Georgia * Athens, Ga.
Oct. 4 Florida * Knoxville
Oct. 11 Chattanooga Knoxville
Oct. 18 at Ole Miss * Oxford, Miss.
Oct. 25 Alabama * Knoxville
Nov. 1 at South Carolina * Columbia, SC
Nov. 8 OPEN
Nov. 15 Kentucky * Knoxville
Nov. 22 Missouri * Knoxville
Nov. 29 at Vanderbilt * Nashville

I really do like the setup tho.
2 easy games then a challenging one, with a bye to get things straightened out.
After 2 tough games, they get 2 easier games before having only 2 tough games before they break.
To make sure they don't get surprised by the next 3 eaiser teams.
Away matchups could be better.

Bet your azz I will be in Norman on Sept. 13th!!! I hope I am not the only guy in Orange!!!:loco:

You wont be the only one bro...I live in KC and knew about this game for awhile. Already on the calendar. 5hr drive for me. I think every Vols fan should try and make the trip to Norman. Very seldom if ever again we play the Sooners in a home & home series. I'm gonna make the trip there and to Knoxville when sooners come to town in 2015. Gameday just might be there. Go Vols!

I would rather play the cupcakes Vandy and Kentucky in September and move Florida and Georgia to November.

Reactions: 2 people
We're catching Ole Miss at a time when their team will be stacked and probably making a run at the West. I do look forward to eye candy watching pregame in the grove.

Looking ahead, I'm assuming that in 2015, we'll be hosting either Arkansas or A&M since the 2nd west team on the schedule isn't a home and home?

I don't think they've played bama once since they became good (except seccg last year)

Actually, Bama and UGA did play during the regular season in 2008. That was the year of the Blackout in Athens, when Bama was up 31-0 at halftime.

We're catching Ole Miss at a time when their team will be stacked and probably making a run at the West. I do look forward to eye candy watching pregame in the grove.

Looking ahead, I'm assuming that in 2015, we'll be hosting either Arkansas or A&M since the 2nd west team on the schedule isn't a home and home?

You're correct in that the alternating West team is no longer home and home.

However, the 2012 and 2013 schedules were just bridge schedules. Who we played in the West in those seasons doesn't factor into who we will be playing in this newly designed division rotation (that's why UF's playing Alabama again so soon). At this point though it's really unknown who UT will end up playing next season and the one after that. (not to say it couldn't be those two though)

I would like to have seen Bama moved back to the third Saturday in October. Other than that I like the new schedule. Vandy on Rivalry week and Florida in October are both good changes.

2014 games I will ABSOLUTELY be attending:

-Not really that nice of a stadium nor gameday experience. But Vols @ Sooners is going to be cool.

-Will be doing my rain dance for some snow on Oct. 4; Gators never play in cold weather. Ever. Just look at their schedule for last decade.

-DO NOT miss the eye candy in the grove in Oxford, MS on a fall Sat. afternoon. Even my wife agrees with me on this one. Hehe.

-Buck Fama. Been to too many ala-bubba beat downs this decade. Going to be sweet watching all the hounds tooth leave mid-third quarter. Not being 3rd Sat. in Oct. just ain't right.

I would like to see Bama on the TSIO and swap Mizzou and Kentucky, but otherwise I like it.

Sept. 20 OPEN
Nov. 8 OPEN
Nov. 29 at Vanderbilt * Nashville[/QUOTE]

UT fans have been whining for a while now about playing UF so early in the season. Well, they're moved back to Oct. Will it matter? The 1st 4 games are no pushovers!

For you youngin's, UT used to play UF in Oct. I remember going to the '91 game and it was on Fall break. Also, UK being the last game is relatively new. Vandy used to be the last game until about a decade ago.

Reactions: 2 people
I know nobody really wants to hear this but Utah St will likely be favored in that game...

Arky st is also no freebie.

Very tough schedule.

UTC next season will be a MASSACRE!! UT gives them a beatdown by like 50-0!! Yeah some think we could start out next season 1-4? hell that means we would have to go 7-0 just to have one hell of a season! if we were to start next season 1-4 would the team cave in and we have another lost season? I hope and pray we do well this yr finish 7-5, MAYBE 8-4 and next season build on that and hope for another 8 wins?? Its a long tough road to the top of the mountain again, but if the team perseveres and CBJ works hard and keeps the team focused and ready for anything, then great things will start happening and it will be AWESOME to cheer the Vols every Saturday!! Also, I hope we can beat Bama again someday...hell at the rate they are beating us they could build a 10 yr streak or longer; depends on how long Satan decides to stay or if the NFL can lure him away again...

Its going to be awesome week 2! One of my best friends Trent Waters signed with Arkansas St. So he will be returning home to play his hometown team! He played at Bearden BTW.

for all those complaining about georgia's schedule....

1. we play them. beat them.

2. i can't recall a team of mine that was kept from achieving its goals of the season due to someone else's schedule.

I really hate to agree with a gator...but that's the way to look at it. I can't understand why Georgia's schedule has caused so much complaining. I would rather have the tougher schedule than try to play it easy.

There is no doubt that over the last few years no one on this planet has had a toughter october schedule than the vols.....no one.

Vols Announce 2014 Football Schedule - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

UT
2014 Tennessee Football Schedule

Sept. 20 OPEN
Nov. 8 OPEN
Nov. 29 at Vanderbilt * Nashville

after all of these years of having FL as are first SEC game is going to be weird...

I have heard that they moved the Kentucky game up so they can play their in-state rival, Louisville, as their last game. Did I hear correctly?

I have heard that they moved the Kentucky game up so they can play their in-state rival, Louisville, as their last game. Did I hear correctly?

Correct.

Louisville Cardinals, Kentucky Wildcats move matchup to finale - ESPN

The annual rivalry game between Louisville and Kentucky will move to the final week of the regular season beginning in 2014, the schools announced Wednesday.

Though Louisville athletic director Tom Jurich prefers the teams to continue to play at the start of the season, the decision was made at the request of both the SEC and ACC, which the Cardinals will join in 2014.

"I have been a huge proponent that the game should be played as the first game every year," Jurich said in a statement. "I'm disappointed that it will not be our opening game in the future, but most importantly, we will continue to play the game. We'll support the move at the request of both conferences, and we are very excited about our future in the ACC. I'm sure that fans across the commonwealth will be pleased to see the series continue."

When the series was renewed in 1994 after a 70-year break, the game was played to open the season for 12 of the next 13 years. This year, the two teams meet Sept. 14 in Lexington.

Next season, they will play on Nov. 29, 2014.

"There's great excitement surrounding Louisville's move into the ACC, and we look forward to when they are able to compete as conference members," ACC commissioner John Swofford said in a statement. "The storied rivalry between Louisville and Kentucky is an important part of the tradition and history of both institutions, and we appreciate being able to showcase that game on the final weekend of the season along with the other interconference rivalries between the ACC and SEC."

The late-season shift will increase to four the number of ACC versus SEC intrastate rivalry matchups on the final weekend of the regular season, joining Florida State-Florida, Georgia Tech-Georgia and Clemson-South Carolina.

Kentucky holds a 14-11 advantage in the series, but the Cardinals have an 11-8 edge since the series renewal in 1994.

VN Store

Back