Vols 2014 Football Schedule

Some other change around the conference:

The A&M-Missouri, USCe-Arkansas swap goes into effect starting in 2014, meaning USCe and A&M are now permanent cross divisional rivals, as are Arkansas and Missouri

With such, the LSU-Arkansas game has been moved off of the end of the season. Texas A&M and LSU appear to now be playing at the end of each other's schedules (as will Missouri and Arkansas at the end of each other's)

Vols Announce 2014 Football Schedule - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

UT
2014 Tennessee Football Schedule

Aug. 30 Utah State Knoxville
Sept. 6 Arkansas State Knoxville
Sept. 13 at Oklahoma Norman, Okla.
Sept. 20 OPEN
Sept. 27 at Georgia * Athens, Ga.
Oct. 4 Florida * Knoxville
Oct. 11 Chattanooga Knoxville
Oct. 18 at Ole Miss * Oxford, Miss.
Oct. 25 Alabama * Knoxville
Nov. 1 at South Carolina * Columbia, SC
Nov. 8 OPEN
Nov. 15 Kentucky * Knoxville
Nov. 22 Missouri * Knoxville
Nov. 29 at Vanderbilt * Nashville

Bet your azz I will be in Norman on Sept. 13th!!! I hope I am not the only guy in Orange!!!:loco:

Why do they have Missouri 3 years in a row??

tumblr_l781myKrRp1qzvqipo1_400.jpg

I like this schedule. Not playing Florida so early and breaking up the tough strech of SEC games with bye weeks and easier games will be good for us.

The date of the Vandy game was moved at Vandy's request. They said they had no fans except their students and that over the Thanksgiving break, their stadium was Orange when they were the home team. Perhaps Franklin has succeeded in broadening the fan base.
That stadium has always been orange when we come to town. That won't change because they move the date.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
Have you seen UGA's schedule? Open Dates before both USCe and UF, and the powerhouse Troy the week before they play the Vols. No bama, no TA&M, no LSU. That's some BULLLLLLLSHEEEEET right there....

08/30/14 Clemson
09/06/14 Open Date
09/13/14 @ South Carolina
09/20/14 Troy
09/27/14 Tennessee
10/04/14 Vanderbilt
10/11/14 at Missouri
10/18/14 at Arkansas
10/25/14 Open Date
11/01/14 Florida Jacksonville, FL
11/08/14 at Kentucky
11/15/14 Auburn
11/22/14 Charleston Southern
11/29/14 Georgia Tech

Last edited:
Have you seen UGA's schedule? Open Dates before both USCe and UF, and Troy the week before they play the Vols. That's some BULLLLLLLSHEEEEET right there....

08/30/14 Clemson
09/06/14 Open Date
09/13/14 @ South Carolina
09/20/14 Troy
09/27/14 Tennessee
10/04/14 Vanderbilt
10/11/14 at Missouri
10/18/14 at Arkansas
10/25/14 Open Date
11/01/14 Florida Jacksonville, FL
11/08/14 at Kentucky
11/15/14 Auburn
11/22/14 Charleston Southern
11/29/14 Georgia Tech

Exactly what I said. Its straight ridiculous how many breaks they get.

Just a thought on why they moved the KY game before the Vandy game! Could it be that we had to fit Missouri in and the 22nd of November was their only available date? Whereas the 15th of November could have initially been an OPEN date for Tennessee.

Louisville Cardinals, Kentucky Wildcats move matchup to finale - ESPN

I think Kentucky and Louisville wanted to make their game during the rivalry week so it made sense for us to move the Vandy game to that week.

Looks more like the SEC and ACC front offices wanted to

Though Louisville athletic director Tom Jurich prefers the teams to continue to play at the start of the season, the decision was made at the request of both the SEC and ACC, which the Cardinals will join in 2014.

The late-season shift will increase to four the number of ACC versus SEC intrastate rivalry matchups on the final weekend of the regular season, joining Florida State-Florida, Georgia Tech-Georgia and Clemson-South Carolina.

for all those complaining about georgia's schedule....

1. we play them. beat them.

2. i can't recall a team of mine that was kept from achieving its goals of the season due to someone else's schedule.

Reactions: 1 person
Just a thought on why they moved the KY game before the Vandy game! Could it be that we had to fit Missouri in and the 22nd of November was their only available date? Whereas the 15th of November could have initially been an OPEN date for Tennessee.

1) The SEC and ACC both wanted to move the KY-Lousiville game to the end of the season

2) The KY game was originally always before the Vandy game prior to 2002 (when the SEC switched up its scheduling setup). TN traditionally would always end the season with Vanderbilt up until about 10 years ago.

Now why KY was pushed back even further to be before, Missouri, who knows. Might have to do something with part 1 I wrote or even what you typed

I don't think they've played bama once since they became good (except seccg last year)

for all those complaining about georgia's schedule....

1. we play them. beat them.

2. i can't recall a team of mine that was kept from achieving its goals of the season due to someone else's schedule.

If anyone has a right to complain about UGA's 2014 schedule, it's the gator fans. You guys got screwed...

The date of the Vandy game was moved at Vandy's request. They said they had no fans except their students and that over the Thanksgiving break, their stadium was Orange when they were the home team. Perhaps Franklin has succeeded in broadening the fan base.

Their problem, not ours or the schedule's.

Well I'm a young Vol fan not liking the changing but it's fine I guess. Don't think Mizzu is ever going to be anything special so as long as the last few games are easy I'm happy. It's always better to get the loses out of the way when it comes to national spotlight and BCS (oops playoffs).
Id actually rather Mizzu be 1st so we could actually start off 1-0 in conference as a 1st :p

VN Store

Back